• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well I tried out the battle system, it's good so far, besides the bug after you attack once, which some of you have already stated.

Anyways if you need help with any sprites and some mapping I could help out, :)

Years
Ok first thing's first. Thanks so much everyone for all your good comments :D
I know about the bug where you press on pkmn or bag and it doesnt work. this is because of switches, I just haven't got around to doing those parts yet.. EXP works, leveling up works, HP works, and the PC storage thing works!
Ok Firstly, you should probably know something about switches and variables if you are gonna use this in your game.

To use the PC, you will have to get into a battle.. got it? then when nothing is happening (when it is your turn), press F9 and go into the variables part. just scroll right because otherwise you would have to go through lots of variables. anyway go to a variable called ITEMUSE i think... then make it's value 1.
after you have done this press escape a few times to go back to the battle. This will have activated the pokeball item. then after you catch a few, you can go to the PC and withdraw/deposit them, once your party is full and you catch another latios, it should be sent to your PC through a system of variables.. then no more should be sent after your PC is full. ok i am done, thats how you use the PC

Who was it that said the run away option didn't work??? It works! **** well infact. I made it pause for a few seconds then determine to runaway or not.

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
Years
So as far as the battle/PC goes, it only includes the two Pokemon found in this demo? Would I have to add one million more lines of code for all 386 monsters, or is it already ready for that?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
Daegon_Kimeron said:
Well you can start immediately! Talk to our other map makers
for example phoenix and choose what part you guys are going
to make!

*Shocked* you didn't tell me this was a "game" If I can like help with anything please let me know

BTW I'm slow so if this is like ultimately late just let me know.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
Ahhh guys I just reuploaded the maps again and I changed the color of the roofs and changed the maps slightly. I hope you like them :nervous: .

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, the deposit thing works but the withdraw doesn't.
"Which pokemon?
There are x pokemon in box 1."
That's it. Nothing else.

Rm2K3kid, the dots on the houses seem a bit weird.
Could you take them away and make the houses look
as if they were made from wood?

Last edited:

rebellee1187

Just another programmer..
Years
Sorry to have to post again, but no-one answered my question earlier. Does this one battle system work for all 386 creatures, or just the two that could be found in the demo?

And if it does need more coding for the remaining Pokemon, what would I have to do to make it work?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
rebelle1187: You have to add the rest of the Pokemon yourself.
rm2k3kid: you can do as many maps as you feel possible.
When I've done my demo I'll make some more maps myself.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Phoenix is right. Do as many maps as you wish.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
You know, the battle system has a LOAD of useful stuff. Before now I'd just played through the battles on the game but now I've actually started to look and work onto it. This thing can be expanded BIG TIME. I wouldn't have minded if this had been the final version let alone a demo. OK enough of the praise now.
Krazy, when you start working on the battle system for our game, let me know because I wanna help out a lot more this time.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
that's good to hear phoenix. I'm sure Krazy will be pleased to hear that.

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2004
im learning how to use rm2k right now but im learning quick and tomorrow im off so comp 24/7!!...lol not really but ill be learning and ive got the hang of most stuff.. So if you need help with anything id be glad to do it

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, I'll be glad if someone ripped all the pokemon sprites from the game
and made them suitable for RM2K.
(The pictures of the pokemon sprites in battle-white colour part transparent)

PokeReaper

Pokemon #500
Years
Hey, ALL . . .

I can only get on the net real late at night right now, but I have Today, tomorrow, and the next day off of work so starting tomorrow morning I will have some maps uploaded on the lateralshift site.
A fair warning though: All of my "chipsets & that kinda' stuff" got "accidentally" erased, thus I have started all over, but I still have alot of stuff left so it shouldn't take long.
I have a .BMP of that one town I was talking about, but I don't have time to upload it right now. [VERY slow net connection]
Later.

Brian Harley Davidson

Years
Sure phoenix :) Next I will probably be working on the Item system.
Rebellee, I was only making the battle system, not the PC system. I included a small PC system which could be expanded on because the battle needs one. I will be re-modelling our one later, the public will have to make their own if they are not content with what is there.
And also, how could you make a pokemon with 386 pokemon in it and not expect millions of lines of coding??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back