• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
  • In my spare time, I've been fooling around with the Pokemon selection screen I've been comissioned to do :) I think it's coming along okay.

Krazy Meerkat> Do you mind if I spiff that readme up a little bit? Also, using your wording, should I make a .doc with screenshots and pictures for those less experienced? I think that would be a good idea.

Years
  • DarkMage31 said:
    In my spare time, I've been fooling around with the Pokemon selection screen I've been comissioned to do :) I think it's coming along okay.

Krazy Meerkat> Do you mind if I spiff that readme up a little bit? Also, using your wording, should I make a .doc with screenshots and pictures for those less experienced? I think that would be a good idea.

Make the newbie and advanced tutorials with pictures both, even if your VERY good at RM2k3 it is still quite a help to see it in a screenshot, because sometimes I do something wrong when I try some tutorials because they are so badly explained, etc.

Years
  • Yeah sure go ahead DM, I have never been good with explaining things :)
    Sharpedo, Well I was thinking of using an extra (spare) set of variables for switching.
    I would just make all the data from the first pokemon be copied into the spare one, then copy the second pokemon's data into the first one and fill up the second one with the spare data.
    Meh.. At least I understand it.. :P
    I agree with you on the screenshots thing DM, I get a little confused when I miss something and then the tutorial just keeps going on without helping me solve my problem :(
    EDIT: Has anyone tried using the tutorial yet? I am not even sure if it works, feedback would be nice if anyone has used it :(

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I managed to take a glance at the file but the first time I saw it, I thought
    the text was too small so I just closed it in frustration. (It was 7 in the morning and
    I hadn't slept) Now, I saw it again today after I slept and the file won't open.
    Something about an error.
    Anyway, I'll try and learn by myself how to do stuff. I'm already fiddling around with it.

-EDIT-

The item system file seems to have been deleted and the HD formatted.
    I'm looking for the backup disk right now. I'll have to code in scrolling loop
    though and I forgot how to do that! I guess I'll just spend another couple
    of days figuring it out.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • yeah i tried it, it works up untill the last 4 or 5 lines. I can't remember properly but I think if you want the Pokemon to have the attack then it overwrites tackle.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I finally finished the scrolling problem! It took me about 4 or 5 days to complete but I've finally done it!
    *runs around the room*
    All I have to do is add the finishing touches.
    Anyway, how many items does the "items" section of the bag hold?
    Just need to know that. I think it was 20 but I can't remember.

Last edited:
    Years
  • The maxium items is 20 I think, like you said, but the maxium ammount of the same item that can be stored in one space is 99, when it goes above 99, it creates a new space for the item, and fills that up.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Daegon Kimeron said:
    Anyway, how many items does the "items" section of the bag hold?Just need to know that. I think it was 20 but I can't remember.
    ^ Yeah, I just checked my GBA and it is 20. I never noticed until now that when you move up and down in the item screen the bag shakes, and there is this thing that spins around when you switch between the bag sections.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    phoenix316 said:
    20 sounds about right. Are you doing it in R/S style or FR/LG?

I was trying to do it in FR/LG. Well, I've just got to add the events for 20
    items but I haven't got the charsets to make 99 for each for the time being.
    Thx for the info guys!

Years
  • p***nix316 said:
    yeah i tried it, it works up untill the last 4 or 5 lines. I can't remember properly but I think if you want the Pokemon to have the attack then it overwrites tackle.
    Yeah, that's because that is for making attacks in attack slot 1, you can easily make adjustments for other attack slots.. I'm not sure if I have done coding for more attack slots.. Anyway this is the first demo of the sys so please cut me a bit of slack, I have already fixed a few bugs with it..
    I will make sure the next version has coding for all attack slots... I am having a rest from coding so I can't really remember EVERY little detail :(

Good work daegon :) I am glad you have gotten so much work done!
    DM, do you have any idea when the pokemon switching thing will be done?

need sleep now, cya later..
    P.S. I have work tomorrow so I may not post much.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Absolutely no idea whatsoever. I don't really work on it very much, though I have done some things. It really depends on how much you want put into it. My priority has recently become Lunar though. I'll work on it here and there.

Years
  • Whatever's more important.
    Anyway I am missing out on info... Has daegon's item sys advanced any further..?
    I would like to help you out daegon, if possible. I have been itching to code something for a while.. I can do some of the coding for the looping item select thing.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I'm back from a 2 day holiday.
    Krazy, I'll get the 20 items done then I'll upload what I've done so far.
    You can carry on with it. I'm sure there's a few bugs though. I
    don't think I can do alot more because I'm only allowed to code for about
    30 mins a day. All the coding's made my eyesight terrible...I have to eat
    25 carrots a day.

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    My mum thinks it works so, I'm eating.
    Anyway, I've had my eyes checked and it seems that my
    eyesight hasn't deteriorated much at all. My time on the
    computer's decreased though.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
  • Ah, I hate it when parents do stuff like that. It's not logical, there's no way to verify or justify it's validity, and the rule (less computer) is only to protect you from a threat that doesn't exist. Ah, the misery of being a minor.

I'm not sure about carrots being propaganda though. Isn't there some science behind it?

Alright, let's not stay off topic for too long... ;)

Sorye HK

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Ok. I'll get back on topic after this. Anyway, my parents are saying
    that the Vitamin A in carrots are good for your eyes.

*back on topic*

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back