• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventures; The Johto Saga

Status
Not open for further replies.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
Years
  • PLOT - SIGNUPS ARE OPEN!

Greetings, welcome to the world of Pokemon. In the world of Pokemon, it is a huge world with many exotic creatures, people who are known as Pokemon Trainers who use them for command, or even as pets.

Now, you are going to become a Pokemon Trainer, after receiving your Pokemon, you will have them as a valuable partner, as well as you'll meet several comrades as friends. Just like you, your Pokemon will be quite unique, which makes you special. While traveling your homeland known as Johto, you are trying to collect the badges of the cities in the region; you are trying to becoming a Pokemon Master.

As a resident of a town known as New Bark Town, you finally wanted to fulfill your dream to start on a Pokemon journey, as you head off to the laboratory, you receive your Pokemon and your tools to become a great trainer.

One of your jobs as a Pokemon Trainer will be to catch wild Pokemon, as you train them to become powerful battlers. You can decide which moves they learn through TMs and HMs as well as if they will evolve or not. It's all up to you.

All is not well in the world of Pokemon, because there is an evil syndicate in Johto. They are known as Team Rocket, and they won't stop at anything in order to earn money. Even without their leader, they still continue to terrorize Johto and Kanto for money. They'll stop at nothing to take down their enemies, including you if you get in their way.

There are several items and balls in order to catch Pokemon to become on your side. Your final goal is to defeat the eight gym leader around Johto in order to compete in the Elite Four so you can become the Pokemon Champion. Be careful though, they will use their full power in order to beat you.

There will be many challenges and many people who get in your way. Will you work with your fellow Pokemon trainers, or against them? Only time will tell. The choices are all up to you as you build your team and try to become the best Pokemon trainer of all time. Remember, this is as if you owned these Pokemon, let's get onto the rules!

RULES

• Sorry, I won't let you to be able to catch Legendaries in this RPG; it just takes the fun out of the game.
    • I want you become your character, become your personality and make this RPG a lot more fun
    • I want you be active, it's a very important part of an RPG, if you are going away for a while, PM me, so I know why you aren't posting, if you don't I'll have to kick you because I won't know why you weren't posting. It'll be too late after that.
    • I want you have FUN, I don't see the point of role-playing if your not even having fun. You'll be kicked out if you don't, sorry that's how it's going to work.
    The Character Sheet

Character Name: What is your Character's name
    Age: How old is your character, I'd like it to be around 10-16
    Appearance: What does your character look like
    Personality: What is your person's personality; this is how your person acts
    History: What is the history of your character, it has to be at least a paragraph
    Preferred Started: Which Pokemon would you like

Chikorita (IceDragon2439)
    dpmfa152.png

Level: 5
    Type: Grass
    Ability: Overgrow
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl
    Nature: Sassy

Cyndaquil (Pika_Master414)
    dpmfa155.png

Type: Fire
    Ability: Blaze
    Attacks: Tackle, Leer, Smokescreen
    Nature: Timid

Totodile
    dpmfa158.png

Type: Water
    Ability: Torrent
    Attacks: Scratch, Leer
    Nature: Docile

Mareep (Serginho)
    dpmfa179.png

Type: Electric
    Ability: Static
    Attacks: Tackle, Growl
    Nature: Careful

Larvitar
    dpmfa246.png

Type: Rock/Ground
    Ability: Guts
    Attacks: Bite, Leer, Sandstorm
    Nature: Serious

Tyrogue (Rubii Naruto)
    dpmfa236.png

Type: Fighting
    Ability: Guts
    Attacks: Tackle, Helping Hand, Fake Out
    Nature: Hasty

Natu (RealPyromaniac)
    dpmfa177.png

Type: Flying/Psychic
    Ability: Synchronize
    Attacks: Peck, Growl
    Nature: Calm

Gameplay

The RPG will start when everyone has been accepted, I can't start when people are still trying to apply.​

I won't play in this RPG, I'm the Game Master of this RPG. I'll run certain NPCs, for example, I'll be Prof. Elm, and other special NPCs. I'll also set up the areas where you'll explore.​

The only things the players can control are their own characters and that character's Pokemon. Please do not try to 'God Mod' and control other people's characters or Pokemon, or wild Pokemon either, only when your trying to capture them. Basically, you can fight the wild Pokemon, but I will be the one who decides if you catch it or not and how powerful it is depending on the quality of your post.​

Anybody can post, but only after I grade your post, no order what so ever. After mostly everyone made most of their posts, I'll move on to the next area. You'll need a trainer card as well to RPG. Any other questions can be answered by reading the rules, although you should've read them before even bothering to RPG. Good luck to all of you.​

Last edited:

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • Character Name: Bobby Baker

Appearance: Bobby is about 5ft 5in tall and weighs about 120lb. Very thin he's skin tone is tan almost to the point of looking like he is from the Caribbean as he spends most of his time outside. He has a mess of curly black hair that is constantly knotted and has dark brown Hershey chocolate eyes. He not on the strong side so he's very boney to the point that you can count his ribs. Among his family he is tall and lanky when he is actually rather short. Wears a brown unzipped jacket all the time with a black/brown shirt underneath. Wears blue jeans and and faded blue shoes. The shoes are a pair of hover shoes that Bobby has invented. Bobby also sports a pair of goggles that his dad gave him for his 8th birthday on his head that lets him see in the rain and sandstorms. They also double as binoculars and lets him see his and the opponents pokemon's stats. Bobby has a red bandanna that he wears over his hair to hid a giant scar that he recieved when he was younger when he fell off a cliff during a fight.

Personality: Bobby on the surface seems to be rather edgy and sarcastic. While he has a sarcastic streak a mile long deep down he is a very happy carefree boy. Always thinking up random thoughts and saying them out loud Bobby is known to draw odd looks from people. He also dosen't know when to keep his mouth shut, saying the first thing that comes to his head, most of the time inappropriate at the time. Tries to come off as a ladies man, Bobby actually is hopeless when it comes to dating. This isnt surprising as he is known to be shy at first, but when you get to know him he is one of the closet friends you'll have.

History: Born prematurely on November 3rd 1991, it looked like Bobby wasn't going to last long in this world. But as fate would have it Bobby is a fighter at heart and manage to recover from his unknown condition. His first few years were rough living with his mom in his Grandma's house while his dad was at college. As soon as he graduated Bobby's father took his mom and Bobby into his small apartment in Pallet Town. They soon quickly moved to a condo where Bobby was introduced to Pokemon and other kids. In kindergarden the other kids distrusted Bobby so he turned to his wild Pokemon friends for support. Their friendship didn't last long as soon Bobby and his family moved to Vermillion City.

Their life was even harder for Bobby, as he was now an older brother to a little brother and a little sister. Now he had to contend with new friends, a new place, and new family members. The three years here were Bobby's loneliest as no one wanted to talk to him and he was constantly watching his brother and sister, despite being 8, and watching his parents marriage fall apart. It was at this time Bobby was given his goggles by his dad.

When Bobby was 9 disaster struck. Bobby's dad moved his family back to Pallet Town and then 2 weeks after being moved in Bobby's dad left. The family was left in pieces as Bobby's mom worked 2 jobs and his siblings were sent to various relatives. Bobby then found a way to vent out his anger at his dad. Street fighting. This started Bobby's path to the person he is today.

When Bobby was 13 he beat one of the challengers in a fight on a cliff, but the challenger was a sore loser and shoved him off the cliff. Bobby scraped his head on the way down which resulted in a scar on his forehead. Luckily his wild Pokemon friends from his younger days found and rescued him. When he got home he realized what a burdon he was being to his mother so he decided to go look for his dad as a Pokemon Trainer. His mom forbid it but in the end they compromised and he would leave when he was 16. During this time he built his hover shoes which help him cross sand, water in short periods of time, and also made him go faster. He is now 16 and is ready to start his journey.
    Preferred Started: Totodile
    (this is lookin really good!)​

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • This is my first time signing up for a roleplay so please don't expect my sign up to be THAT good... :D

Gregory

Appearance-------------------------------------------------
    Gregory is 4 feet 38 centimeters tall. He has very dark skin from living near the beach in Vermillion city. He has navy blue eyes and always wears a smile on his face. His preffered outfit is a crimson red shirt, a sky blue jacket, and brown shorts.

Personality:--------------------------------------------------

Gregory is a very friendly person who makes friends with everybody he meets. He is very talkative, and usually blabs everything that comes to mind. If you get on the wrong side of him though, he has a very strong temper. He gets very angry, and will get in a fight with you. Gregory is a very good friend to have around.

History:------------------------------------------------------

Gregory was born on April 9th. One he was born, his family planned to move to Pallet Town. Once on the boat, tragedy struck. A storm came, and lightning hit the boat. His dad had died and the ship was wrecked.

Gregory and his mom were rescued by another boat, the SS. Anne and took to Vermillion City where they bought a house and settled. When Gregory was 4, he went to the Pokemon Academy. It was during these times at the Academy when he wished he was a Pokemon Trainer.

Then tragedy struck again. A tornado came. Thankfully, everybody safely evacuated. Gregory and his mom took the train all the way to New Bark Town in Johto.

Gregory is now 10, and ready to begin his Pokemon Journey. He ran all the way to Prof. Elm's lab, and picked up a Pokeball containing Larvitar.

Preferred Starter: EDITED: Larvitar

This RPG is looking good!

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • Character Name: Will Adams

Appearance: Will is 6'3", 180 lbs, and VERY well built. He usually wears tight clothes and short shorts to show off his body. He has dark brown hair, blue eyes, and black eyebrows. His forehead is large, and he has a low hairline. His hair itself is a buzz cut. He is very developed for his age, and sports a goutee (sp?).

Personality: Will is light-hearted, cool-headed, and kind. He doesn't seem to have an evil bone in his body, unless he gets angry. When angered, you will not want to cross him, as he will tear you to pieces, both emotionally and physically. Although he has all the above qualities, he has a dislike for authority, and likes to be independent. If you try to tell him what to do, it's worse than when he is angry. Anyone smart will do neither. Will is also very intelligent, as the orphanage where he was raised (more on that later) was also had a prominent teacher who worked there. One of Will's main problems is that he's very sexually active, I guess you could call him a "Man Whore".

History: Will was born on October 14, 1992, in Saffron City. His parents then left him up in an orphanage, where he was taught respect, compassion, and normal school teachings.

Will's favorite person was the person who looked after him, his "mother", Janet. She treated him like her own, even when it came down to attending sporting events and such.

Although he was raised well, he had various problems, mainly his sexual activity. Will was very curious, as that sort of thing wasn't taught at the orphanage.

Will was never adopted.

Growing up in a major Pokemon city, it was tough for Will. He could never have his own Pokemon, as it was against orphanage policy.

Preferred Started: Chikorita

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • Zimvee: That's an excellent post, you are accepted!
    Cjrerian: Well, it's your first time, and you'll learn, you're accepted!
    KP-Jacob: Nice post, you deserve to be in the RPG, you're accepted!

I just want you to try to be active and have fun :]

Zimvee

ROCK AND ROOOLL!
    Years
  • yea! i have totodile! (which if you haven't figured out by now is my favorite pokemon) i think its funny that you're using the starters i was going to use for Johto lol (except Natu)

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Character Name: Kyle Akel

Appearance: Kyle is about six feet tall with long blonde hair, tan skin, and blue eyes. Kyle wears a long Gray shirt that's always tucked in, but over the shirt he wears a big tan sweatshirt with a pokeball symbol on it. He also ties the end of the shirt up so no one would ever see the stump.

Personality: Kyle is sort of a jerk, and kicks people when they're down. He barely likes anyone and usually never talks, but when he does it's usually to insult someone. He has no friends because of this. But when people are in life threatening situations, Kyle will be the first to help out. (will be explained in history.)

History: Kyle was born in Pallet Town on February 23rd, 1993. But there were complications with his birth. It turns out that Kyle was born with a fatal blood infection. So Kyle had to stay at the hospital for nine days, until a blood transfusion was performed, after that, his parents were finally able to take him home.

When Kyle turned five, he gained a fierce rivalry with his nine year old brother Tyler. But obviously Kyle couldn't beat him because he was too young. When Kyle turned seven, the brothers rivalry grew because Tyler went out and became a successful trainer, having caught at least 100 pokemon in only 1 month, so Kyle decided go on a pokemon journey when he was the right age.​

But when Kyle turned nine, he decided to go out into Route 25 to catch a pokemon, but it was raining pretty hard so he took a coat with him, as well as a knife.(Just in case.) But about ten minutes have passed when a shiny Donphan walked up to Kyle with anger in its eyes and started to attack. But Tyler got in the way at the last second and summoned a Hitmonchan and almost knocked out the Donphan, but since it was shiny, it was potected by the league. But before they could get away, Donphan used Magnitude and started a Rock Slide.

This rock slide caused a tree to fall on Chris's arm and trapped him, so he cut it off with his knife before he could drown in mud. When Kyle got free, Tyler tossed him to safety and got carried away by the mud. It is presumed that he is dead, but no body was ever found.

After that day, kids from school started teasing Kyle about it, and while all of his friends tried to cheer him up, they all moved away leaving Kyle all alone. So he formed a personality to help fight back, but he couldn't fully get rid of his past self, so he still feels the need to save people, but only in life or death situations.

Preferred Starter: Tyrogue

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Character Name- Gold
    Gender- Male
    Age- 12

Appearance- The person you play as on the Gold/Silver version

Personality- Gold is young, energetic boy who seeks adventure. He is very competitive, living in a family with eight siblings, but would love nothing more than to get out into the world and make some friends and beat some challenges. He is an extremely brave, and sometimes goofy, boy who will say no to nothing, especially a challenge.

History- Gold grew up in the woods of New Bark Town. He is the third youngest of nine children and has always been left behind while his older brothers and sisters went off on their own pokemon journeys. Gold began to attend a Pokemon School when he was eight in Violet City to learn more about pokemon and their abilities. He soon became the top student in his class for exemptifying great knowledge of pokemon. Still, he feels empty without pokemon in his life and dreams on going on his own journey one day. Gold's ultimate goal is to be the best pokemon trainer ever out of all his brothers and sisters.

Preferred Starter- Cyndaquil (even though I would LOVE to have a Pichu. My most favorite pokemon ever)

Last edited:

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • sorry, distracted making the ooc page, but anyways

Rubii Naruto: Nice post, you're accepted
    PikaMaster_414: It's short, but I know how you RPG, and don't worry, Pichu will come up somewhere near Violet City, so get ready for it. You're accepted!

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • aw man thanks pieCakeyy. Pichu is my favorite pokemon out of the what, like 452 pokemon? Sorry for the short post, I can make it a little longer. My mom was shouting at me to do chores so I had to type quick lol.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • it's your choice, I won't force you :] and I'm surprised that we only need a few more people left XD BTW our OOC page is the one that says The Johto Path, a little error there ^^;;

Last edited:

herojelly

PMD Puzzle!
    Years
  • Well thanks for accepting me. It's funny to see how fast a Roleplaying page can grow in one day. XD Thanks again.

killer-g

S to the o
    Years
  • Character Name: Sergio Santos
    Appearance: Sergio is chubby, has short hair wears a green shirt with a pair of jeans he has a blue backpack which caries all his items, he keeps his pokballs in a belt wich he caries with his belt.

Personality: Sergio is a rather smart boy but he hates it if someone is smarter or trying to be smarter,he treats his pokémon well and helps out others if needed he is always smiling but if you say that he is chubby he gets angry and would fight you

History: Sergio's parents broke up when Sergio was only two. But he kept going to his father every weekends.When Sergio was six his father married a woman wich gave him a growlithe but the growlithe disliked Sergio and Sergio released him. Sergio was at his last year of pokemon school when his father decided that he would go to sinnoh and now that Sergio is about to become a trainer he isn't there for him.His mother always helped him and encouraged him to like fire type pokemon and so he did.At the day he was getting his pokemon the cyndaquil he wanted was gone and Sergio had a tough decision to make mareep, aipom or natu

Preferred Started: mareep

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Character Name: Windy Wiian

Appearance: Windy wears a blue coloured haulier and brown sneakers. She also wears these brown gauntlets which helps when she is handling bird pokémons. Her hair are all brown and when she is hiking she wears a white headscarf, a white short skirt, white boots and a blue and white coloured jumper.

Personality: Windy is really funny and she likes to joke around. She never takes anything too seriously and she just enjoys living around pokémons. She also likes to help others but she don´t bace on team working because she is quite ambitious. her favorite type pokémons are definitely fire and flying type pokémons and she honor every single pokémon even she wouldn´t like of it. Her best friend Shay Danight lives in BlackThron city and is a trainer too. They have been best friends since Windy moved into Johto area.

History: Windy has a brother that is two years older than her and he is travelling around Sinnoh where their father lives nowadays. Windy moved into Newbark town and her mother started to train flying pokémons as a business. They also have bird pokémon mail delivery center where Windy work at least six hours in a day. Windy was rescued by a flying type pokémon when she was six years old and after that she has always liked about them. Windy doesn´t remember pretty much about that accident. She also studied in a pokémon academy and now she is a junior teacher in there but she wishes to become the most best trainer ever in Johto area. She has lots of friends but she has also a rival called Xian Noma who has always teased her despite she is much more smaller than Windy.

Preferred Started: Aipom

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
  • Character Name: Devon Gale
    Appearance:About 5'5", medium build, mind-blowingly average in this category... Soft, rounded facial features, deep green eyes. His skin tanned to a perfect brown. Moppy, straw colored hair on his head that is never neat. He wears a long black trench coat that goes down to his ankles over a maroon t-shirt. Loose and baggy cargo pants with a crapload of pockets. other random articles of clothing include a black fedora decorated with a red feather.

Personality: The only description that truly captures the essence of Devon is "suave". He's a ladies man, truly not afraid to be turned down, hitting on every girl in sight with varying success. He's happy go lucky, and lives in the moment. Devon never lets the small thing get in his way! He's charming, with a devil-may-care attitude but deep down he really worries himself about his appearence and what people think of him.

History: He was born in Newbark and lived with his parents and sister, until he decided he wanted to go and travel with Pokemon. Being a social kid with a huge imagination he just let his imaginary 'Pokemon Journeys' satisfy him. At age 12 he started pestering his parents to let him go on REAL Pokemon adventures, and they folded. On Devon's 15th birthday they announced that they had talked to Elm, he had a starter prepared for Devon and he was to start his journey as soon as possible!

Preferred Started: Gimme a cute lil' Aipom, if you please.

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • serginho: ok you're accepted
    man this is gonna be a harash decision... your posts were about even
    i'm going to have to give aipom to Roy G Biv

But maybe RealPyromaniac, you could sign up for Natu because it says you love flying types

Everyone: I want you to be active in this RPG, not asking for much, I'll understand if you tell me if your busy or not.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Character Name: Windy Wiian

Appearance: Windy wears a blue coloured haulier and brown sneakers. She also wears these brown gauntlets which helps when she is handling bird pokémons. Her hair are all brown and when she is hiking she wears a white headscarf, a white short skirt, white boots and a blue and white coloured jumper.

Personality: Windy is really funny and she likes to joke around. She never takes anything too seriously and she just enjoys living around pokémons. She also likes to help others but she don´t bace on team working because she is quite ambitious. her favorite type pokémons are definitely fire and flying type pokémons and she honor every single pokémon even she wouldn´t like of it. Her best friend Shay Danight lives in BlackThron city and is a trainer too. They have been best friends since Windy moved into Johto area.

History: Windy has a brother that is two years older than her and he is travelling around Sinnoh where their father lives nowadays. Windy moved into Newbark town and her mother started to train flying pokémons as a business. They also have bird pokémon mail delivery center where Windy work at least six hours in a day. Windy was rescued by a flying type pokémon when she was six years old and after that she has always liked about them. Windy doesn´t remember pretty much about that accident. She also studied in a pokémon academy and now she is a junior teacher in there but she wishes to become the most best trainer ever in Johto area. She has lots of friends but she has also a rival called Xian Noma who has always teased her despite she is much more smaller than Windy.

Preferred Started: Natu

rii - chii

Kihihihihi....
    Years
  • RealPyromaniac: ok, thanks for reapllying, it's good, you're accepted!
    Everybody: Make your trainer cards at www.pokecharms.com/trainercards

I'll post the first chapter ASAP, it'll be short, but it's a minor part of the story, Good Luck to you all!

EDIT: Here is it, I hope your ready to explore the wonders of Johto in our first chapter!

OOC: I'd like to thank all of those who made it into the RPG; here are the following that made it into the Johto RPG.

Chikorita: KP-Jacob
    Cyndaquil: PikaMaster_414
    Totodile: Zimvee
    Mareep: Serginho
    Aipom: Roy G Biv
    Larvitar: Cjerian
    Tyrogue: Rubii Naruto
    Natu: RealPyromaniac

Chapter 1: New Bark Town
    Number of Posts: 1

Description: A small town with several residents. Near the end there is the Prof Elm's Laboratory. There is a on the other side on the town, which leads off to Kanto.

As the start of the morning came, everyone was waking up bright and early, because there were 8 trainers ready for action to become a Pokemon Trainer from Prof. Elm. As the eight trainers came into the laboratory, Prof Elm was shocked when they came in and fell off his chair. After all that fuss, he came up to the trainers and greeted them a happy hello. After getting to know the 8 new coming trainers, he then handed over the Pokemon that he had and the tools they needed to become a trainer.

The point of your post today is just how you got to the lab and leaving to Route 29. A pretty straightforward post.

Last edited:

~SilverSoul

I'm Back!
    Years
  • Gold snapped his eyes open and flipped over in his bed. Heart pounding, he checked the digital clock on his nightstand. 2:30 am... of course. Gold angrily flipped back over on his back. The whole waking up every hour thing was getting pretty old. But he couldn't help it. He was getting too excited for the morning for then he would get his beginner pokemon. He had dreamed for the day to come ever since his oldest sister had left a long time ago.

Gold managed to fall asleep again and didn't wake up till 9:00 am. It was still early to go to Professor Elm's lab, but Gold couldn't possibly fall back asleep so he spent the next hour getting ready for his journey. He put on his favorite outfit: A yellow and black cap, with a red jacket, followed by yellow and black shorts. Gold looked in the mirror and knew that he looked fit for a pokemon journey. Afterwards, he grabbed his backpack, which was still empty except for some canned food, sleeping bag, and a small box of matches.

With his bag ready and being dressed, Gold rushed down two stories of stairs. There were two floors filled with rooms to house Gold's brothers and sisters though most of the rooms were empty at the present. Only four kids remained in the home (soon to be three). Gold went into into the kitchen where his remaining family waited for him. His younger twin brothers cried and complained while his mother ran up and shoved something into Gold's hand.

"Your PokeGear," she explained. "I gave one to all of your siblings when they started their journeys. It has a phone and map installed into it." Gold nodded and thanked his mother. He then left the home and headed over to Professor Elm's lab.

Gold and Professor Elm were both very close friends. Gold had always come to his lab when he was younger to learn as much as he could about pokemon and even done errands for him sometimes. Gold made it to the lab and walked inside. He found seven trainers already waiting. Oops, must be late, Gold thought. He fidgeted with his cap out of embarrasment.

The professor walked up to Gold. "Hello, Gold," he greeted. "Here is your pokeballs and pokedex. And your beginner pokemon, a Cyndaquil. I'm sure you'll be best friends." Gold smiled at his luck for getting the fire pokemon. It was one of his favorites as a small child. Soon, Gold and the other trainers were released and Gold set off to begin his pokemon journey.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back