• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Removal of existing Social Groups

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • So people wont be able to create social groups after 10th of June?

Will they leave entirely or be brought back later?

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I like this idea completely. There have been too many SPAM discussions, and social groups being untouched, except by dust and cobwebs. Also, there is too many of the same social group, so I have a suggestion, if it's possible:
    Do you think there could be an automated warning that denies a social group being made if there was already one similar, or the same made before?​

usami

biohazard
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Iowa
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    So people wont be able to create social groups after 10th of June?

People will be able to make them, they're just going to have to be approved before they appear.

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • So people wont be able to create social groups after 10th of June?

If you read a little more carefully, it says they will be brought back with stricter rules and regulations.

I always thought they should be just done away with completely.
    We have Other Clubs that is actually under moderation, and I always thought that was better than Social Groups. They both do pretty much the same thing anyway, IMO.

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Does this mean that there might be a possibility of an assigned moderator for social groups, or would the task simply be attended to by the upper or all staff?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • We'll see how it works but when if the hstaff gets too lazy busy, yeah there might be a mod assigned mainly to look after them.

I'm hoping it doesn't get to that though; with groups moderated it should be MUCH easier to look after them.

Can't wait to nuke 'em~

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Does this mean that there might be a possibility of an assigned moderator for social groups, or would the task simply be attended to by the upper or all staff?
    Well, moderators only seem to moderate whatever section they are chosen to moderate. But, it may be possible moderators will be given social groups to moderate if it relates to whatever section the have to watch over.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I support the removal of the Social Groups.
    There have been many copies of existing groups and plenty of spammy groups which are irrelevant...

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • well personally i enjoy the social groups...it mostly what drew me to the site...but msot of my groups are kinda dead right now...so i understand the decision...and even if i dint...its not like i can do anything about (except complain) but that wont do much....i do hope that they might allow us to moderate our own groups still...but i doubt they will...

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    well personally i enjoy the social groups...it mostly what drew me to the site...but msot of my groups are kinda dead right now...so i understand the decision...and even if i dint...its not like i can do anything about (except complain) but that wont do much....i do hope that they might allow us to moderate our own groups still...but i doubt they will...
    You actually WERE able to, but the point here is to renew them. Even if you moderated them yourselves or not, they were still neglected and left there to die.

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    I support this, Social Groups are extremely inactive. =\ I do have the Wolves Hideout group to help make the real group not full of spam. =|

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I'm sorry to question, but why delete ALL of them? There are really some that are still very active. Isn't it possible to just filter out the most inactive and delete those? It would be very hard for the groups to regain activity.

Also, what kind of requirements would be required for a group to be accepted after the revamp?

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • I object, I think it is unfair to delete the active ones, I agree that a lot of them are dead, but delete all of them?

Granted a lot of ppl don't visit the section all the time, but some of the conversations we have had...

I wonder how many would be deleted if you removed all the user groups with one member?, never mind, I counted: 79

Last edited:

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Back when this was first brought up, we were originally going to delete the inactive groups. However, the sheer number of groups made it impossible. Plus, there were multiples for one topic and it seemed unfair to pick and choose which groups to delete and what to keep. This way, PC's groups get a fresh start and the staff doesn't have to pick and choose.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It would seem logical to remove that which is not being used, and it is simple for the more popular groups to get a reinstatement (of sorts, somehow).

I'd join a group, however there is none that have particularly taken my interest, especially if not much is to be discussed on the topic.

Though I might create one (Pokemon and Philosophy)

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • If you read a little more carefully, it says they will be brought back with stricter rules and regulations.

I always thought they should be just done away with completely.
    We have Other Clubs that is actually under moderation, and I always thought that was better than Social Groups. They both do pretty much the same thing anyway, IMO.

I agree somewhat.

Why have Other Clubs when you have Social Groups? It's quite redundant. Pick one or the other, in my opinion (I'd pick Social Groups, for the better organization and amount of features).

I also agree that a full on purge is needed for Social Groups at the moment. Why even complain that a group is getting wiped? It's not like they even count for your post count (not to mention - you shouldn't be complaining about your post count regardless).

Years
  • I object to this entirely, It's nonsense! I'm gonna make a group against it!

Screw you CHANGE!

You know what, I've changed my mind. I love this idea.

Why have Other Clubs when you have Social Groups? It's quite redundant. Pick one or the other, in my opinion (I'd pick Social Groups, for the better organization and amount of features).
    Redundant maybe, but not altogether harmful. Some people may just be accustomed to the forums, some people might like groups better. There's also the longevity of some clubs in OC. We're nuking the SGs so both sides work better and in a cleaner way together.

Back