• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Removal of existing Social Groups

Zackraa

Nom Nom Nom
Years
  • all I can say is uhhh... we had social groups? o_O

I honestly have not been aware of this I just tend to browse the forums or look at the oekaki site

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I still support this decision because when they were introduced, Social Groups were a lot of fun. However, now, you cant keep track of half of them and there are stupid duplicates being made all the time.

I also agree with the option for a Moderator being assigned to the social groups. It'll give more time for the hstaff to do their "whatevs" XD.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    At first I wasn't too keen on that idea because I joined a few social groups. And those are pretty active. Well they were active, only a little bit now(3 year club, PC Supporters Group, etc...). I was thinking don't delete those. But the more I thought about it. A clean slate will be good. There are so many duplicate social groups. And having a moderator to approve a group is great idea. If you delete them, I won't stop you. Do as you wish.

Alec_

Years
  • At first I wasn't too keen on that idea because I joined a few social groups. And those are pretty active. Well they were active, only a little bit now(3 year club, PC Supporters Group, etc...). I was thinking don't delete those. But the more I thought about it. A clean slate will be good. There are so many duplicate social groups. And having a moderator to approve a group is great idea. If you delete them, I won't stop you. Do as you wish.
    Well yes. Your right. There are many Duplicate Group such as Pokemon Characters Fan Club, Video Game Fan Club ( Any VG ), etc.. But. Choose the most active group with the most members. also as what Setsuko says it's a great idea. Same as me it's a great idea also.

~Fairytales.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • I do have something to say. If you guys delete them, are they going to be better this time? I had a hard time with the character limit as you may have seen a few times. XD

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I totally go all in all with the Social Groups being Removed, but when is it "exactly" going to be removed. It's already the 10th here. Is there a specific Time Zone we are looking at the change. Me with a Time Zone of UTC + 12 means I have to wait longer.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
  • All the Social Groups have been removed... Total Annihilation...

So guys, If you're gonna organize Social Groups, make sure it stays active! And members please cooperate...

Im starting to sound like a Mod... Well, Im waiting for Social Groups to join on. :D

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Okay, so, now that it has been removed, can we start to request the creation of new ones?

And how do we create new groups now? Or are they not allowed for now?

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Unfortunately we couldn't get group moderation done before this date so it's basically just a complete refresh. New rules/guidelines will be up later, I think, but for now just make your group and if it's not up to standards, we'll either edit it so it is or delete it.

Years
  • I am trying to add a new social group...and it seems we are missing the "Add new Social Group" link in the SG panel. TT^TT

Don't tell me we have to go to modz for it? :O

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • ? https://www.pokecommunity.com/group.php

"Create New Social Group"

o_o It... should be enabled for everyone.

edit: Oops, haha, it wasn't. It's enabled now; lemme know if you still can't.

---

Dear super organized higher staff because we are so good at this communication and getting things done on time thing,

Whoever removed permissions from (most) usergroups to create usergroups, sorry if you had a good reason. I've switched it around.

Last edited:
    Years
  • O_o

It just magically appeared when you said so.

So yeah....new group! 8D

Edit: So you guys took out the "Name Change" option in the Social Groups section. D:

You guys should keep it. D:

Last edited:

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Darn it, I missed the nuking of the pre-June 10, 2009 Social Groups...! :(

Oh well. I'm looking forward to joining new SGs on PC, though! :D
    I guess I'll go nuke something in Super Smash Bros. 64 or Pokemon Emerald ...to satisfy my current short-lived hunger for virtual cool-looking explosions. :rambo: :t101:

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Aug 14, 2009
    I completely agree with this. probably 80% of the social groups out there are not in use. Somebody creates it, people join, it gets forgotten then it just makes the site slower and clogs up traffic. Thank You so much for doing this.

Roxasabridged

Lucariowner
    Years
  • I didn't even notice the groups were back....

I think there should be a rule where you should put up a discussion when you make a group.
    It's quite pointless to make a 'fan club' with nothing in it except " JOIN IF U LIKE ______!" in the description.

Back