• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: [Beta 1 Released] Yellow Advanced Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
I'd like to welcome everyone to my yellow remake called:

Hack Of:
i79b9z.png

Yellow Advanced Version!

About Me:Well im tyson,and Ive been here for about 3 years.I just started into getting into forums..and well this is the first forum Ive actually been active in!But anyway Ive started hacks in the past,but no ones ever new because Ive never uploaded them...I started a silver remake but it was horrible and I stopped hacking for quite awhile.Than I was searching here on the forums and came across some yellow remakes that haven't been really done...meaning no ones gotten really far on it...So knowing this I decided to get back into hacking and well.....start a yellow remake,with a few exceptions!Now Ive started to learn scripting...and Ive got a hang on it pretty well,so now I can script some pretty good things...but enough of me,lets move to the hack!

Plot:Well everyone knows the story of a 10 year old boy who woke up one morning to get his first Pokemon,right?Well its a bit different here.You wake up one morning and your 10 years old..and your reading to visit Prof.Oak to get a Pokemon.You go downstairs and your mom tells you that Prof.Oak is looking for you,and you get some brand new shoes as a gift from your mom..lol.When you walk outside your door,Prof.Oak walks up to you and gives you a Pokemon to help you grab his Parcel from Viridian City..and your adventure begins!

features.png

There will be NO ASH OW OR SPRITE.I am not a spriter and there aren't any good ash sprites out there. So for now I will be using the Red sprites. Why? Well if you think about it the original Yellow didn't have a changed sprite. They still used Red but they added on to it, much like all the other 3rd piece games(Crystal, Emerald, Platinum). So I will be adding on to Red but that's as far as that goes. The girl sprite might change to Yellow. IF I can edit the sprite and stuff well.
Guess who makes there appearances in the game?Brendan and May!
Giovanni isn't working alone now...Archie and Maxie has joined him to find rare legendary Pokemon!
New maps,including redone palettes ones.And new events occur!
Giovanni isn't the last Gym Leader....Jessie is..(you will have to play to find out why)
Also a new Region will make way to yellow as well with of cousre a ton more events....there is no end to Pokemon!
Also If I can I will be remixing music and adding some as well!
And I think there is more,but can't think of any at the moment...

screenshots.png

Spoiler:

(The OW will change when I get to beta)

betainfo.png

Beta to come will have:
New events
New palettes
Will right before Mt.Moon

Beta
View attachment 52508The Beta ends right before Mt.Moon. Expect this beta to have some great events in it. Fight Brendon before your battle with Brock. Also I recommend getting some potions before fighting Brock. Also you fight Team Rocket a bit earlier than usual. There is an executive in Pewter City. What is her purpose there? Play and find out. Please report bugs and or anything else you find with a screenshot and detailing the bug.

team.png

Me/EVERYTHING
(Still need a bit more members,so interested?PM me)

bugsgitches.png

The left side when leaving Pallet town to route 1 will freeze(fixed).
Don't press start and go to a menu in the lab by Oak,you will become him.(fixed)
Gary's music is weird.(not inserted this time around)
After you give oak parcel,and talk to him after he will say"Have you got the parcel"(fixed)
Can't get passed old man.(fixed,although I'm not sure how I did it)
Brendan and Gary is at oaks lab before the dex script.(fixed)
Old man doesn't give you teachy tv,even when it says it does.(fixed)
After the grunt fight giovanni somehow give you a ultra ball.(I don't know why though, maybe its the flag being perhaps used by someone who supposed to give you an ultra ball)Can't fix???

todolist.png

Insert tiles and palettes
Insert Hero intro
Change titlescreen
Insert OWs for Hero/Heroine
Insert Aqua battles at Cerulean
Jessie/James battle Mt.Moon(not in Alpha)
Don't wanna spoil everything so just keep a look out.

support.png

credits.png

diegoisawsome/his scripting tutorial,and whoever else that help me learn how to script.
Alice/For the awsome userbar;)
Sapphiress/for the awsome banners used to make the thread feel alive!

And here is the Alpha guys.I hope you enjoy,and please tell me anything about bugs and such you find.

Last edited:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Sadly not as of now,I guess thats what everyone wants to see in yellow remakes...But I think of somthing rather...

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
This looks nice. :)
I wonder if there will be a few other new maps, included. ;P

Anyways, I wish you luck~

@aerow: You are unable to get a Pokémon to follow you in FR/LG, I believe.

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Thanks,there will be alot of maps added heck I might have to make this into a 32 bit rom,so I can fit it all.But the pikachu follow you deal is on hold,untill I figuire out a resolution...

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Yeah the tiles will change most definatly,they wont look generic.I had different onces but I started over,and thanks for the scripts...

Years
Yeah the tiles will change most definatly,they wont look generic.I had different onces but I started over,and thanks for the scripts...
No problem.;)
Oh cool i can't wait to see them inserted.:)
I'll be peaking up on this thread to see how it's progressing.
Good luck again!:D

- Munchlax

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Hey thanks for the support and the rep,really!I loved Yellow,and I still play here and there,I enjoy making it,just as much as playing it.So yeah stay tuned for more things,and a beta should arrive soon,after Mt.Moon,so yeah...

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Well, it's not too shabby indeed. But it isn't outstanding yet, at the moment it is just like every other average yellow remake. Well GL!

Here have a userbar xD
yav6264967439.gif

HTML:
[url=http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180558][img]http://i565.photobucket.com/albums/ss99/bemertonboy/yav6264967439.gif[/img][/url]

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Uh..well I don't know if I should say thanks or hey thats a bit harsh.I understand it isn't outstanding,and I don't expect it to be this early...But thanks for the userbar!

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Well if anything,I could probally figuire out how to have pikachu not get stored,but if any case it might involve ASM hacking....ughhh.

jesse jenco

ZAP YELLOW creator
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 8, 2010
i figured it out

hey guys in my hack zap yellow pikachu follows you i figured out how to do it without a script and it actually looks like hes following you not the lame hat thing and i also fixed some of my scripts to that were glitchy and it only took me five hours yay! but good luck on your yellow remake i guess its a yellow war out there everyones making a yellow remake yellow was just that good

Years
hey guys in my hack zap yellow pikachu follows you i figured out how to do it without a script and it actually looks like hes following you not the lame hat thing and i also fixed some of my scripts to that were glitchy and it only took me five hours yay! but good luck on your yellow remake i guess its a yellow war out there everyones making a yellow remake yellow was just that good

You mean you made pikachu in the o/w?
But iit should disappear when not it the team so i bet your won't dissappear.
I'm not harsh but even the pika faces don't appear.

For a perfect yellow remake,i think its best using Rpg Maker!

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
Years
Thought I'd pop in and see what the thread looks like...
Goods new for the hack... I got a new monitor!!! So now i can see the true colors!
For those of you who don't know what happened...My color scheme on my other monitor was screwed up and the reds looked black and the greens were yellowish...but no more!

Now with that out of the way... I want to say... I hope those of you who support the hack continue to do so and hope that we gain some new supporters...And yes i do realize that i use periods alot...that just means i think alot...
And I want to let everyone know that we will make this hack the best it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back