The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 1st, 2010, 06:03 AM
Scyther
Te odeo interfice te cochleare

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Scyther
I must say this is a very interesting game being developed.
I like the idea of the new baby pokmeon, although for the sprites the baby sneasels feet look abit... 'weird'. Apart from that I'm actually quite impressed! Loving the baby Onyx too.

I'm abit rusty but if you'd like any help for pokemon sprites i'll be happy to help ^^. Just Pm me.

Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:10 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update

Thanks to Aquakip, XENOTIME now has all of the baby Pokémon! Don't they look cute? I haven't decided names for them yet, but they will be the same types as their evolutions. In case anyone doesn't know about them yet, I'll explain: Ever thought that once you've defeated a gym leader and received your one badge, TM and "advice" that it wasn't really worth the effort? Well this feature will certainly fix that!
Once you defeat a gym leader, you will receive a hint to the where abouts of a baby Pokémon. To get the 'mon you'll have to try and figure out what the hint meant. Maybe
a riddle.

Contest

Spoiler:

In the spoiler above is a route I created. A bit boring, isn't it? So I decided to open up the part at the bottom and let XENOTIME's fans decide what it should look like. PM me if you're interested and I'll tell you all of the details. The closing date is the 17th of this month.

Progress

Apart from the new route, not much. I've just had so much college work these past couple of weeks I haven't had much time at all to work on the game. The good news is that I've finished it all for now, so I can carry on with the game again.
Tanks for the comments again guys.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old November 9th, 2010, 11:34 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
How about Coaltoise for the Torkoal pre-evo?
Anyway, the sprites look pretty good, although the Skarmory pre-evo's legs look a little small compared to its body.
Old November 10th, 2010, 10:55 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
I like the pre-evolution, but how does the pre-evo from Lunatune and Solrock become any of those. Also for the Scyther and Pinser pre-evo. How do they evolve?

Old November 11th, 2010, 01:06 AM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Quote:
Originally Posted by me2hack View Post
I like the pre-evolution, but how does the pre-evo from Lunatune and Solrock become any of those. Also for the Scyther and Pinser pre-evo. How do they evolve?
They dont. As far as I know ; they "grow up" is just a baby version of the main pokemon not a pre evo.

@Peeky now
Anyways I cant wait for the demo.
Sadly I cant think of anything for the route..

~Countryemo
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Ravecat
I'm Right.

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peeky Chew View Post
These are awesome. I love the branching evolutions.
Aquakip used to sprite for me. ):
Old November 11th, 2010, 03:55 AM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
OMIGOSH <3 FOR THE TORKOAL PREVO
[but i told Aquakip that already :3]

founder of

Old November 15th, 2010, 03:20 PM
ChaosNinjat
Dragon Ranger

I'm liking the title screen Peeky, very snazzy :D!

By the way, I've finished up Professor Larcoon's sprite, think I sent you a message with it in, plus the female protagonist's overworlds.

I've also almost finished the professor's overworlds as well, I'll send you a message with them in as soon as they're done.

Hacks I support:
Old November 17th, 2010, 05:46 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Update

The mapping contest is over, and the winner has been decided. It's elarmasecreta! Instead of just designing the part at the bottom of the route, he redesigned the entire thing. Have a look for yourself:
Spoiler:

Sprites

Apart from that, thanks to the brilliant ChaosNinjat^, we now have the female and male protagonists in battle sprites! And as it says in his post, there'll be more coming very soon.

Revamp+Screens

If you hadn't already noticed, the front page has now been updated and looks a lot cleaner and more professional in my opinion. There's also two new screens in my sig to have a look at.

Progress

Now that elarmasecreta has created the route between Kindlewood Town and Shrent City, no more maps need to be created for the demo. So now all that needs done is eventing, and fixing of a few script errors. The demo is still on track for it's release on Christmas day.

@me2hack: Thanks. Heh heh... I hadn't really thought of that. I'm sure I'll think of something before the demo is released.

@ChaosNinjat: Thanks. I'll send you a PM now.

@Everyone else: Thanks a bunch for your comments!

Demo Beta out Now!

Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:47 PM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
As always, your graphical, gameplay and storyline updates seem to be ticking all the right boxes so I'm not going to comment on them if I can't find any suitable faults at the moment and I've obviously yet to play the demo.

Quote:

The question I was going to ask instead was this; why so many pseudo-legendaries? Are all 5 pre-GenV pseudo's really going to be in the game (as well as Slaking)? A p-l is really meant to be a special-case. Too many of them reduces their value (which is the official games' problem with legendaries). Personally, I think you should maybe cap it at 3 pseudo's plus Slaking. Perhaps Larvitar, Beldum and Dratini (purely for variety)? it;s merely a suggestion and I'm really only knit-picking because everything else seems very sleek and well-designed.

Looking forward to demo, screenshots etc. :cer_smile:

Old November 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Krysalist
Enthusiastic Newcomer

Nature: Brave
This looks sick!!! Good luck!
Enter Shikari <3
Shatter Resistant <3
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

How far will the demo go? And is it more of a "test drive" to get us used to the game? Or actually part of the game...

As in are you going to redo the entire "demo" part later also?

BTW you got any videos of this game up yet? I want to see some of the features you have... and I also want to see the battle system. If possible of course

Last edited by Tomackze; November 29th, 2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 7th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Amore
Now stand up and begin
Community Supporter

I think they'll come once he's got the demo...I can't answer your questions though...

Hey Peeky and Pika!

How's the game going?

Hope with the -10 and below temperatures and inch upon inch of snow we're getting in Cumbria it hasn't wrecked anything important! :D

No, this was not a glorified bump...bumping is for fools who can't make up an elaborate message to hide their bumping xD

EDIT: Btw, you removed Chimecho from the pokédex, yet kept Chingling? I know the Politoed can't be caught as there're no Poliwag issue was brought up........but you can't stop things from evolving! Especially baby pokémon like Chingling!

If I were you...drop Chingling...nobody would notice if they weren't even in the game....
Old December 20th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Peeky Chew
Master of Palettes

Demo out 25/12/10
Just thought I would put a final reminder out there that the demo will be released on Christmas day, only five days away now! The demo will be a beta, and will most likely have a few errors. So far, there are a lot of errors in the battle system making it look messy, but it all works. The only game killing error is if you switch Pokémon around with a full party, so this will have to be done through a PC in a Poké Centre. Still, if anyone has any scripting knowledge in RMXP, I'd really appreciate your help. When I do release the demo, don't be surprised if I post it quite late in the day, it will be Christmas, after all.

Apart from releasing the demo, over on my deviantART page (http://peekychew.deviantart.com/) I'll be updating every single map. On here all of the screens will be updated too.

What happens next?
Well after the demo is released, and all bugs fixed, there are a few major changes I'd like to make to the game. The first is a change in screen resolution. Instead of the small standard GBA resolution it has now, it'll have a new modern 16:9 one. This'll allow the battles to look a lot nicer. Speaking of battles, I'll also be making some big changes to those. Anyone who has played Final Fantasy IV should expect a system quite similar to that, although it's going to take a lot of tweaking to make it all fair. Apart from this, small changes will be made, like animated trainer and Pokémon sprites, B/W style shadows inbattle and some kind of new menu system. There will be no changes to the tiles, this is the style the entire game is sticking to now.

I haven't decided whether this will be how far the demo ever goes, and the game will be released in full after it, or if there should be a longer one. What do you guys think? Just so you know, the final finished game will be released in TBA 2012.

Comments
@The Cynic: Thanks. I hadn't actually thought of how they would affect the game, since when I started removing Pokémon, I just took away the ones didn't like. When the demo is released, I'll update the revised dex as well. Thanks again.

@Krysalist: Thank you.

@Tomackze: The demo will hopefully go through the first four town and three gyms. It is a part of the game, as none of the mapping/story events will change afterwards. But as you can see above, there will be a few UI/GUI and battle system changes. Once the demo is releaeed, and I've had the battle syatem errors fixed, there will be videos. And unlike other peoples games videos, they'll be pixel perfect quality, as no one else seems to know how to do it...

@Amore: Hey Amore. I think I've explained how the game is going pretty well up there xD
It actually got a little colder, but being snowed in allowed me a lot more time to work on the game. Without the snow, it might not have been finished in time! It was a purposeful bump, which is technically not a bump.
Yeah, that's an error on my part, it was removed like Chimecho, but someone how squeezed back in when I edited it last.

Demo Beta out Now!

Old December 20th, 2010, 05:06 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Only good/ well designed game that is actually making a lot of progress...... :D Its hard to make a great pokemon game, so good effort really good, looking forward to this
Old December 20th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Cavou
Togepi

Game looks good.Like the maps.
Old December 24th, 2010, 04:55 PM
toastier
da bomb. :)

Nature: Jolly
soo it's the day before the release of this demo, and i am PUMPED! i just found this thread like 5 minutes ago, and i am soo excited to try this game!
also, i LOVE the baby torkoal. that is probably the cutest fakemon i've evurr seen. like literally. i just wanna squish itt! :D

Old December 24th, 2010, 08:54 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

its Christmas for me today lol:D
Old December 24th, 2010, 10:06 PM
aquakip
You jealous, betch

Nature: Naive
I wanna play I wanna play I wanna play I wanna play!

:D

Can't wait until Christmas really starts.

Co-Founder & Artist of

Old December 24th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
Oh dear, it seems I'd almost forgotten about this thread.
Anyhow, I'm eagerly anticipating the demo (one reason why I'm up at 1:19 AM) and I bet it will be great.
Aquakip's sprites look amazing as well, although I'm not really digging the Pinsir/Scyther worm split-evo, to be honest.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old December 25th, 2010, 04:44 PM
ChronosCrowler
Beginning Trainer

Its Christmas :D Wheres the Demo :D Merry Xmas! Everyone!
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Karel_Kazuki
Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp

They're probably enjoying Christmas with their families and are gonna post it later on tonight.Everyone be patient.IT IS Christmas.

I am a university student, currently studying C# and looking for any practice pertaining to building my skills.I'm also a concept designer and storyline designer.

contact me here or at [email protected].

Screw Banners.I support all that is made.But Join these Forums!

http://z15.invisionfree.com/Pokemon_...ex.php?act=idx
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronosCrowler View Post
Its Christmas :D Wheres the Demo :D Merry Xmas! Everyone!
be paitiant its boxing day here and im not complaining im still waiting...

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:50 PM
Beam Me Up, Furry Bandit!
Naito Park

The Demo isn't here....what a shame.
Old December 25th, 2010, 06:13 PM
phosphate5
Random little kid

Nature: Careful
Oh yeah! Demo! Wait, it's not here? Darn!!!!!
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links