• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should doing drugs be a crime?

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Or should it be a disorder so that instead of locking up drug addicts when send them to rehab.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Then first we'd have and want to question its source, I mean the addicts won't run out in numbers, but the drug sellers could make it better if they were all gone. I just wouldn't want to be paying someone's medical expenses for ODing on drugs and such (if that is the case, for Canadians). I'd think that locking them up would be a good deterrent from drugs though. XD

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Or should it be a disorder so that instead of locking up drug addicts when send them to rehab.
    I want to point out something.

Almost all cases where a drug addict is being trialed for drug use or anything of that matter, they are giving the option of jail or rehab.

Most however choose jail, because there are ways to get the drugs they crave in jail

Dragma

Trainee
    Years
  • This is a hard one to answer, because there's all kinds of people that will try and play the "It's my body, I can do whatever I want" card.

Personally, I think it should be a crime. If someone does drugs (non-prescription of course) and they have negative side effects, they put society in danger of being harmed.

And yes, I do know that there's always a way for people to obtain them, but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be repercussions for druggies.

Algo Fonix

oh god
    Years
  • Not in America. It costs a load of money to keep arresting and jailing people who are only hurting themselves. The country is broke, and quite frankly, the money could go towards other, more important things. You know, like our debt.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2010
    Some teens at my school got kicked outta my school cuz they did drugs. I say that we send em to rehab, then we put em in jail for a while.

Edit: Forgot to mention: they did the drugs at school.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I don't think it is physically possible to do an inanimate object...

Because doing drugs is not just a harm to self but to others possibly as well, it is very deserving to be a crime by which peopl should be locked up for.

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
  • The word "drug" already sounds like a crime but because so many people have or do drugs you can't stop them every second. So, what can you really do about it? blame the person who invented drugs?. Probably not but really it's their desicion if they wanted to do this type of crime and when they do they'll face the consquences so we shouldn't really worry about something we don't do.

blackwell

Minarchist
    Years
  • I don't think it is physically possible to do an inanimate object...

Because doing drugs is not just a harm to self but to others possibly as well, it is very deserving to be a crime by which peopl should be locked up for.

Yeah what a cop out. Also could you be any more vague. In what way would others be harmed?

Physically? Most violent crimes are commited stone cold sober.

Its no ones business what drugs someone uses.(Even for recreational purposes.)

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • According to these guys it is against the law, and it was decided back then that addiction is not a disorder.

So yeah........

Yeah what a cop out. Also could you be any more vague. In what way would others be harmed?
    Physically? Most violent crimes are commited stone cold sober.

Its no ones business what drugs someone uses.(Even for recreational purposes.)

Uh, they get high and drive a car, crash into a car and kill people (and/or injure).

And since it is illegal, it is the governments job. Thusly invalidating both your arguments.

Also @ Your even more above post, it is the governments job to parent the people when those people are incapable of making a decision for themselves (due to being under influences) or they make decisions that harm others. Under that logic, murderers shouldn't be punished because "they can do whatever they want."

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I say, having never done anything, make marijuana legal and enforce everything else, including cigarettes.

Is my logic twisted? Yes. Do I care? No. Argue it all you want, I hate cigarettes and I don't mind weed so I wouldn't mind seeing the two take each other's places. :|

Miz en Scène

Everybody's connected
    Years
  • Then first we'd have and want to question its source, I mean the addicts won't run out in numbers, but the drug sellers could make it better if they were all gone. I just wouldn't want to be paying someone's medical expenses for ODing on drugs and such (if that is the case, for Canadians). I'd think that locking them up would be a good deterrent from drugs though. XD
    Drug-sellers are hanged in Malaysia. To the government, their the root problem as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I'm all for the rehab action on addicts.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Considering the fact that doing drugs is illegal, I think it should be illegal.

hey that's exactly what i was gonna say... yeah i think dealing drugs should be illegal.

Edit: like Mr Macky from South Park says ' Don't do Drugs, m'kay? Drugs are Bad'

sorry had to add that to the mix :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Dealing drugs should be illegal, doing drugs shouldn't be.

Prisons are full enough with murderers and white collar criminals who deserve to be in there.

blackwell

Minarchist
    Years
  • Gamer put down the Kool Aid and listen.

DWI is a crime... so why not enforce it instead of making a preemptive attack on personal freedom?

The fed has no constitutional authority to ban drugs so by default it should be left to the states.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I don't think so. It should have an age limit. Like drinking.

Because all these kids come to school smelling like weed.

Back