• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Should doing drugs be a crime?

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    *Sigh*

This is one of those topics that is just... well...

It seems like people only think Black & White about this stuff. There is a Grey area, but people don't seem to take it into consideration.

If I say I'm for drugs, then everyone will think I'm a hippy/punk who steals, and eats out of the trash. If I say I'm against them, then I'm a conservative redneck, who wants to shoot every foriegn person due to compulsive xenophobia.

But since you people want an answer, by all means;

I don't do drugs. I don't want to do drugs. But take into consideration that there are even worse things we do with our bodies already .We smoke tar filled tubes of poison, which spew gasses into the air killing other people. We drink acidic chemicals to make ourselves relax. Frankly, I think beer smells, looks, and tastes like horse pee! I once questioned if it was horse urine. Now if you want to kill yourself, that's fine, but if it affects other people, then no.

Not many people know however, that the entire reasons drugs are banned is due to propaganda. We are all told that if you do drugs you go crazy, you lose your brain and your liver and lungs. But some of these things aren't even proven. Now I'm not saying we should do drugs (there still might be side effects)but we should at least make sure things are factual before spewing them in public schools like a bunch of broken records. The reason we are being told this, is due to several entrepeneurs in the first half of the century who didn't want their business being held back by workers using marijuana. The only reason cocaine is illegal is because in the late 1800's, a rumor spread that after and African-American used the substance he killed a woman. Now, this might have happened, but back then people were ready to blame anything on anyone who wasn't Caucasian.

So I don't think we should do drugs, I myself woudn't want to do them. But we also don't want to be told lies by people who don't really know what their talking about.

I hope you found that answer satisfactory.

With all regards,

-ChrisTom

blackwell

Minarchist
    Years
    You really don't know what drugs do, do you? They make you want more and more and more, so you WILL steal to get money for more(criminal act). If the dealer pisses you off, or someone has money and won't give it to you, you'll likely kill them(criminal act), all in the name of drugs.
    They are NOT worth legalizing.

That class is what we call strawman fallacy.

Pokechamp would you consider yourself a constitutionalist?

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    In social studies, we are having "the marijuana" debate. Wether it should be legal or not. In some states it's legal for medical purposes. But my teacher was saying you can go to the doctor and say "My eye is twitchy" and they will give you marijuana to stop it or something.

I hate how my friends come to school talking about how they are high. And they join these pages on Facebook that say "Stop talking about how you smoke weed. your not cool" or stuff along that line. My friends Krissie and Zack and Alex come to school and they tell me they are either high or hyper.

My mom told me the other day she said "If you want to know what weed smells like, ask your aunt Gigi. She can find someone to get a joint from and light it for you." I was like O_O

Back