• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023

661287690275.png
Spoiler:

141287690390.png
  • New Region!
  • Capture and Command all 386 Pokémon available!
  • Trainer Rematches!
  • Altered Movesets & Abilities.
  • Classic Fire Red Tiles & Pallete.
  • New Field Techniques (ie. Focus Punch, Ember & Headbutt)
  • New TM's & Key Items!
  • More than 99% of the hack has been decapitalized!
  • Updated Moves, Pokemon Sprites, Trainer Classes and Trainer Sprites!
  • The return of HM08 (Dive) to venture underwater!
  • Swarming Pokemon
  • Easter Eggs & Much MUCH more!

711287690430.png

Spoiler:

671292643123.png

Spoiler:

91292793294.png

Spoiler:

711287690558.png

Spoiler:

Credits
  • Drew6464 For Ivy's sprite & NiKaNaRoU for Chrono's OW.
  • DrFuji for helping me edit the TM Data.
  • Dartharon for the Headbutt script (which was modified by me)
  • Lal0101 for the secondary Trees.
  • The Creators of the tools I used.
  • Haefele for the Worldmap tutorial.
  • Hackmew for the tools, Pokedex fix and the indoor running shoes.
  • Wesley FG for the cactus tile.
  • Everyone who supports Requiem!

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Okay I'll just give my opinions on this. And why did you quit Shattered Dreams? ;_;
I read your story; It's pretty nice. Good introduction with the background and setting is always pleasing. I like the idea of the new legendaries. I can't wait to see their sprites more than anything. It's not much of a lively story though. Let's hope that the 'POKeMON GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP' will be more interesting than the boring E4.

The features are nice. Trainer rematches sounds nice. I think you should try to create your own palettes though. Everything else sounds awesome.

Okay, so the tree palettes and grass/ground don't really contrast. So you should try experimenting a little more with the palettes. The fakemon look really nice. And the events look interesting. I couldn't see Wesley's tiles in the screens? o0

Yay! XD; a beta release this week. Looks like you've made some good progress. Good luck on getting further. Annnnddd..it should really be your decision whether you want to release the beta for Shattered Dreams or not.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
lol Yeah I liked those names but it's your hack, your Pokemon. Anyways the palettes look alright, And I don't see any tile errors... So good luck on this.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I have to agree with this. I though all of Samson's names fit the sprites well, but it is your decision.

Looks good, but didn't Samson already have names for those fakemon? You should keep them.
Yeah he had names for them, but I changed the ones that I didn't like too much. Some of the names changed all the way others slightly and some not at all. I don't know, just something to set them apart from how everyone else will use them. If Samson wants me to use his names, I'll go ahead and change them. But I like most of the names I picked.
Okay I'll just give my opinions on this. And why did you quit Shattered Dreams? ;_;
I read your story; It's pretty nice. Good introduction with the background and setting is always pleasing. I like the idea of the new legendaries. I can't wait to see their sprites more than anything. It's not much of a lively story though. Let's hope that the 'POKeMON GRAND NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP' will be more interesting than the boring E4.

The features are nice. Trainer rematches sounds nice. I think you should try to create your own palettes though. Everything else sounds awesome.

Okay, so the tree palettes and grass/ground don't really contrast. So you should try experimenting a little more with the palettes. The fakemon look really nice. And the events look interesting. I couldn't see Wesley's tiles in the screens? o0

Yay! XD; a beta release this week. Looks like you've made some good progress. Good luck on getting further. Annnnddd..it should really be your decision whether you want to release the beta for Shattered Dreams or not.

The PGNC is done in tournament style. I have most of that script written up already. It's strictly 3 on 3. And the story carries into and after it. You'll see what I mean soon. Also the reason you don't see WesleyFG's tiles is because there aren't any. I planned on using a few but didn't, but that doesn't mean I won't use some in the future. We'll see.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This hack looks quite good, and I've a feeling I'm going to play beta 1 when you release it (even though my habit is only to comment on threads and not play the actual hacks) :D

Also, the fakemon look good (I read you didn't sprite them yourself), and I'm fine with the names you chose for them.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Wow! The fakemon looks awesome! It's neatly done!

I'm looking forward onto playing this Hack.

Maybe you can use custom tiles for the trees, grass
and buildings. Well, just a suggestion. :D

The fog also intrigues me, It's like I want to see how
it goes out with the Hack. :P

Everything else, They're neatly done!

Good Luck with this one! More power! ^^

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
This hack looks quite good, and I've a feeling I'm going to play beta 1 when you release it (even though my habit is only to comment on threads and not play the actual hacks) :D

Also, the fakemon look good (I read you didn't sprite them yourself), and I'm fine with the names you chose for them.
Haha thanks.
Wow! The fakemon looks awesome! It's neatly done!

I'm looking forward onto playing this Hack.

Maybe you can use custom tiles for the trees, grass
and buildings. Well, just a suggestion. :D

The fog also intrigues me, It's like I want to see how
it goes out with the Hack. :P

Everything else, They're neatly done!

Good Luck with this one! More power! ^^

Thanks, but I opted to still to the fire red stock tiles. That may change if I find a better tree, we'll see.

Update
Today, I completly finished Beta 1. Be patient folks;). Meanwhile, I'll be refining the hack, with extra features and starting Beta 2 (which I deadlined myself to have done by early December). After beating the beta, you can go back and rebattle everyone, who should for the most part have stronger/different teams.

Last edited:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Very Nice screenies Quilava's Master! I'm
impressed by the fakemons! It's nicely done!

But I'm wondering why vircalf is color blue?
Taurus is brown and milktank is kinda pink with black.
It feels weird or maybe it's just me..

I love the gym! I wonder how it works! :P

Hopefully the Beta will be bug and glitch free!
(Fingers crossed) :D

I'll be playing the Beta for sure! Good Luck
Quilava's Master! :)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
The beta has long since been completed and I think it is time for a release. The first beta of POKeMON REQUIEM will be out before Today at 3PM EST. The list of glitches, errors, and oddities has been updated with only ONE still remaing. Not bad if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Okay folks! The first beta is up. I've been working hard these last few hours in an attempt to perfect the beta, but I know there is something I'm forgetting. Oh well, check the first post for the IPS patch. Please report any and all errors and oddities, and I'll release and update. Enjoy!

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
Okay folks! The first beta is up. I've been working hard these last few hours in an attempt to perfect the beta, but I know there is something I'm forgetting. Oh well, check the first post for the IPS patch. Please report any and all errors and oddities, and I'll release and update. Enjoy!
Awesome! I'll download it right now! Can't wait to play it, and I'll be sure to report any bugs/glitches.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

I played it just now, there was a few places where the text got cut off, I don't have any screenshots, sorry :(

Other than that I enjoyed it. Just wondering though, how are the grass starter's stats? I got wiped out about 3 times.

One thing I think you should do is heal the Pokemon after you battle to save your dad's life :)

Edit: Second hack I've played, go me!

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I played it just now, there was a few places where the text got cut off, I don't have any screenshots, sorry :(

Other than that I enjoyed it. Just wondering though, how are the grass starter's stats? I got wiped out about 3 times.

One thing I think you should do is heal the Pokemon after you battle to save your dad's life :)

Edit: Second hack I've played, go me!

It's attack is = to its defesne. Both relatively low. Its Special Attack is really high for its stage, it hp = its sp def both are relatively average. I got the opposite, i blew everyone out of the water using the grass type, while I got creamed with the water type. I'll try to find and fix the cut off text. Also it just dawned on me that you were never healed. The original draft of the script had you healed after the battle, when I re-wrote it I guess I forgot it.

TB Pro

Old-timer
Years
It's attack is = to its defesne. Both relatively low. Its Special Attack is really high for its stage, it hp = its sp def both are relatively average. I got the opposite, i blew everyone out of the water using the grass type, while I got creamed with the water type. I'll try to find and fix the cut off text. Also it just dawned on me that you were never healed. The original draft of the script had you healed after the battle, when I re-wrote it I guess I forgot it.
I agree with Alignment, the grass starter got owned a bunch. Also, don't you think there is a bit of a large gap between wild Pokemon in Euphrates Walk and East Route? I am still grinding so I can go on. I plowed over the Gym Leader, but the trainers in East Route are creaming me.

EDIT: Okay, I got as far as I could, it froze and I didn't save.
Here are the errors I spotted.

Bugs:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
I agree with Alignment, the grass starter got owned a bunch. Also, don't you think there is a bit of a large gap between wild Pokemon in Euphrates Walk and East Route? I am still grinding so I can go on. I plowed over the Gym Leader, but the trainers in East Route are creaming me.

EDIT: Okay, I got as far as I could, it froze and I didn't save.
Here are the errors I spotted.

Bugs:
Spoiler:
I'm sorry. Seeing as I only had one beta tester you can expect some things to slip by. All the fixed one have been slashed. The one's with the missing accent haven't been fixed as it doesn't seem like a huge problem that needs to be erradicated forthwith. The big one (the Chrono Battle) is definitely one that shouldn't have made it to public release, the reason it happened was because your starter wasn't in your party (further explanation in the spoiler). The updated patch is up. In addition to those you listed, I fixed a potential game breaking problem, where you can get stuck on EAST ROUTE. I HIGHLY recommend who ever downloaded the first patch, delete it and download the upload.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
  • Seen Aug 14, 2023
Updates
I tried to restrain myself on posting any updates as Beta 1 has only been out 4 Days, but seeing as it's slow right now and I have a pretty significant chunk of free-time, I thought what the hell.

First and foremost is a change that people will notice in Beta2. The spritemon formerly known as GRAINBY has undergone some changes. It's new name is PUMELBY (which is what Samson named it to begin with). It is no longer half rock half ground. It is strictly FIGHTING and it has an evolution which was not present in Beta 1. Also the trade in Mirroredge changes aswell. Instead of trading Yachibi East for Pumelby you now trade Lantkin for Envyromoss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back