• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Great looking game. I think you should make it so that the berries are named their normal ones and colored the same; "Oran Berry", a blue hard fruit, should be "Orange Fruit", a blue peelable fruit, etc.
    I don't like that idea much at all, I'll leave them as is to retain the Pokemon-ess

Anyways updates.

I've been refraining from posting too many updates but now I come bearing goods. I've now mapped and scripted to and thru Springzone Tunnel (Used to be called Mt. Spring Zone). This is where you battle your rival, Chrono, for the first time, and where you meet a second rival, Ariel. Also I've completly scripted the Bug Catching Contest! The rules are similar to G/S/C with one major difference. You may NOT use any Bugs obtainable in the competition during the competition. For example Caterpie is available in the BCC so you cannot use it during the competition. This is so the game doesn't misread your original Caterpie for your captured Caterpie. It's not too big of a deal, I see nothing wrong with it. With that said the BCC will be available as soon as the first beta is out. On the topic of Beta's I'm ready to release one on 12.01.10, as promised. However I'm seriously considering pushing it back to allow for more substance. I'm unsure right now.

Screens:
    Spoiler:

Now to explain the screenshots: I know Norah's sprite is just an edit of the Magma grunt but I don't care, I like it. I'm not aiming for a stunning graphical presentation so this will do. The old man with Fuji's sprite is Mr. Kirk, the owner of Gymstone Park where the BCC is held. You can't participate in the BCC until you rescue him. The red head with the goggles is Chrono, your first rival; OW credits to NiKa. His character sprite is a splice made by me, I'll reveal that next time. I'm aware that the Rocket Grunt saying "badass". Yes I know it's a swear; a VERY mild swear. They're Team Rocket so I don't see the issue with them using minor swears, such as "ass" and "damn". The swear won't be anyworse than this.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • Screens:
    Spoiler:

Now to explain the screenshots: I know Norah's sprite is just an edit of the Magma grunt but I don't care, I like it. I'm not aiming for a stunning graphical presentation so this will do. The old man with Fuji's sprite is Mr. Kirk, the owner of Gymstone Park where the BCC is held. You can't participate in the BCC until you rescue him. The red head with the goggles is Chrono, your first rival; OW credits to NiKa. His character sprite is a splice made by me, I'll reveal that next time. I'm aware that the Rocket Grunt saying "badass". Yes I know it's a swear; a VERY mild swear. They're Team Rocket so I don't see the issue with them using minor swears, such as "ass" and "damn". The swear won't be anyworse than this.

Damn/Crap/Ass/What the hell are not swears. They are "teenager" words,
    that's all. Anyways, Norah's sprite is well made, who cares if she has
    the Female Magma Grunt pose?

Anyways, nice updates, and good luck.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Update time!

This update has to be one of my all-time favorites. Today I'm going to introduce the Hero & Heroine.
    Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

These are their official names. Ace & Ariel. I quite like their sprites. Their OW's are not done but the backsprites are being worked on. All of the sprites were done/edited by me. With exception of Lex.

But wait that's not all! As promised, I'm revealiing your rival, Chrono. His last sprite to me was horrible. I like this sprite too.

And that's all.....wait I lied. I really didn't like Electra's sprite so I got a new one. Like all of the others these should be fairly recognizable. Also I've decided to reveal the third Gym Leader: Lex. His type is....not telling. I'll reveal that when the beta releases. Speaking of despite college life, I'm progressing rather quikcly, so I may be able to make the December 1st release date. I'm aiming for one more gym (meaning 4 in total) in the First Beta, making it longest Beta i've ever released.

I'm really hoping to have this done and ready for release by the first. Wish me luck. I still have no idea how to incorporate the berries into this hack. I'm juggling a few ideas but we'll see. I do hope to have berries in the beta.

DuoRyan

Hack'in as usual, it seem.
    Years
  • I love the update, maybe you should try to make the hero have long leg and more of a skinner body, he look weird re size and like a midget.

Bela

Banned
    Years
  • Those Trainer sprites look really nice! They're so detailed and well-colored.

Hacks which use Team Rocket as the villain group are my favorite, as of course, Team Rocket forever.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I love the update, maybe you should try to make the hero have long leg and more of a skinner body, he look weird re size and like a midget.
    Haha yeah I was thinknig the same but I don't mind it too much, he is indeed young so his body isn't all too porportionate. Idk I may edit it, I'm unsure.
    Those Trainer sprites look really nice! They're so detailed and well-colored.

Hacks which use Team Rocket as the villain group are my favorite, as of course, Team Rocket forever.
    Thanks!

Two updates in one night :o. Yeah well I just finished up the backsprites, they're in and fully working, and lemme tell you getting the colors right was far from an easy task. Leave feedback!

Next up is the major one, OW's ugh! I'm trying my best and hope to have them completed for the first beta. I don't intend to put out a shoddy beta so I'm working hard to get these OW's done. Help would be greatly appreciated.

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Haha yeah I was thinknig the same but I don't mind it too much, he is indeed young so his body isn't all too porportionate. Idk I may edit it, I'm unsure.

Thanks!

Two updates in one night :o. Yeah well I just finished up the backsprites, they're in and fully working, and lemme tell you getting the colors right was far from an easy task. Leave feedback!

Next up is the major one, OW's ugh! I'm trying my best and hope to have them completed for the first beta. I don't intend to put out a shoddy beta so I'm working hard to get these OW's done. Help would be greatly appreciated.

*cough splice of wally*
    anyways... the hair on the girl looks really good but the bag on the boy needs a tiny bit of work other then that it looks good ;)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023

*cough splice of wally*
    anyways... the hair on the girl looks really good but the bag on the boy needs a tiny bit of work other then that it looks good ;)

Better?

I come bearing great news from the land of milk and honey. The third gym is in scripted and finished. This gym you can skip if you want. There's nothing stopping you from just plain out skipping it but I don't recomment it since you need four badges before you can head to South Zinnos (Zinnos is split into two islands North and South). The beta does look like it's going to have 4 gyms and will cover everything you can do on North Zinnos before obtaining the Snow Gloves and Gogoggles. In the beta you get to go to the circus and there is another altercation with Team Rocket this time revolving around Eris, Norah's boss. The end of Beta 1 really sets up the plot of Beta 2 which is MUCH more story oriented than Beta1.Allso the Males OW's are done. He isn't wearing a backpack in his OW's and I didn't realize it until it was too late. I'll save that for absoulte last since it's nothing major. The female's OW's aren't done yet but I'm getting there. Oh and of course here are some pretty self-explanatory screenshots. Nothing big really.

Last edited:

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hello all, today is the 12.01.10. I know that I promised that a beta would be released today but I must say that I've decided to push it back. it's nothing major just that it will be released on Friday instead of today. But to be clear the beta is completed. Just waiting to hear back from my beta testers. In the beta there are 4 gyms as stated. alot to do if you just talk to everyone.
    I come bearing screenshots of the new (to fire red) trainer classes.

The waiter and waitresses. The Pokemon they use are ones that would help in a waiting job such as weak psychic types, Aimpom and Pokemon with vines/tentacles/ect. Coks use food related pokemon, or those that can aide in cooking. (Mushrooms/Fire types/Cows).

The clown ands Idols. The idols are named after teen pop stars. They use Pokemon relating to music/sound. The clowns have wacky names and use circus animals. Firebreathers use fire types (obviously). These guys can be fought in the underground circus.

These shots are misc. They are from the Crimson Game Corner and the last gym leader, Arkana.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Update
    I was amazingly able to stick to the street date for this beta. The new beta is up now! Download the IPS patch and patch it to a clean Fire Red Rom. Now there are some issues with the beta that I gotta announce.

• The Male OW's are missing the Backpack. This will be fixed in the 2nd Beta.
    • The Female OW's aren't inserted since I am fairly sure nobody would really play with her. They are being worked on and will be in the 2nd Beta.
    • Over 93% of the Rom has been decapitalized, which means there are minor things that are not. (What comes to mind immediately is CENTER and NO THANKS)
    • There may be some run-off text somewhere, but I think I got them all.
    • The intro hasn't been changed yet. That will be fixed for the 2nd Beta.

The beta lasts 4 gyms. After you beat the last leader, Arkana, you can go back and rebattle the other Gym Leaders (though the chance of them wanting a rematch is low) who have altered teams and are MUCH stronger than before with the exception of Arkana who is only slightly stronger. You can also rebattle every trainer after Route 1. Their teams and chance of rebattling you change after the next gym. Any bugs please report here and I'll address them. If the bugs are major I will release and updated patch. Remember the beta IS locked. So don't plan on stealing or looking through anything I have in the ROM. Thanks and enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2015
    This makes me quite happy (especially since my random decision to check this thread again led to me finding the new beta a mere half hour or so after it was posted), as playing the previous beta, I found it to be really enjoyable. I'll play through this new beta, and if I see anything wrong I'll comment. Otherwise I'll just play through and have fun.

Also, congrats on dragging me out of lurking.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    This makes me quite happy (especially since my random decision to check this thread again led to me finding the new beta a mere half hour or so after it was posted), as playing the previous beta, I found it to be really enjoyable. I'll play through this new beta, and if I see anything wrong I'll comment. Otherwise I'll just play through and have fun.

Also, congrats on dragging me out of lurking.

Thanks for coming out of lurkuing just for this, means a lot. Tell me how you like it.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Sorry for the double post but I come with an update. I took down Beta 1.0 and replaced it with Beta 1.1

The update fixes some movement errors present in Beta 1.0. It also corrects NPC speech in the hotel in Crimson City where their speech wasn't changed. And some more decapitalization. The most major changes made are the complete revamp of Route 5. Also you will notice that the headbutt trees have been changed into Berry Shrubs. Headbutting trees are still present. You can headbutt the small secondary trees. Also you'll notice some dark spots in the water, that confirms Dive is in. Enjoy the Beta! Let me know if any errors are present.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Nicely done, Quilava. :P I'm still in the spriting business. There are several complaints about the boy sprite, so if you want I could edit that for you.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • Ok, was, it was fun. Although I have no idea what the ??????????? item that gets you underground is yet.

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Yay for random tree you can walk through in Aria Town. Gotta watch that Quilava.

How's the game going? :P I love it so far.

2RandomStudios

Angry Jigglypuff
    Years
  • This seems like it could turn into a great hack! I really like your "theology" that you can have a good hack, without all that fancy tile-insertion. I can't wait for the finished game!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back