• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Requiem [Beta 1 Released]

Status
Not open for further replies.

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
  • Nice new Fakemons! It's nice to know that your up
    for Beta 2.. :D

And the maps, they're all good. Nice palletes. But I
    don't like the idea of the third shot...

For me, it's better to use a cycling road or just don't
    don't make the hero/heroine go back and forth on
    just a straight direction..

Everything else is well done. I hope you progress far
    and Good Luck! :P

Urist McHemlock

Jack Frost of the Jack Brothers
    Years
  • Multinun looks awesome. I would of been laughing if you put in a Plusle or Minun like pokemon and its symbol is Pi and an Exponent one whose ability is pressure because the opponent loses 2 pp and and anything to the second power is squared XD. Other than that, I think that the hack looks good and I will be looking forward to playing it. Keep on going and don't slow down!

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2021
    You stole my Plusle/Minun Idea D: I was going to do an equal Pokemon >:0

Anyways, this is looking great, l haven't played the beta yet, but the palletes look nice and the Equasle idea you stole D:<

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Pallettes are good mapping cool
    Nice choice of Sprites its form one of the best spriters ive seen

And story is good
    But in stead of saying [Boy/Girl] You could just say child?

Super Ultra Mega Charizard

not a beginner trainer :P
    Years
  • Updates
    I tried to restrain myself on posting any updates as Beta 1 has only been out 4 Days, but seeing as it's slow right now and I have a pretty significant chunk of free-time, I thought what the hell.

First and foremost is a change that people will notice in Beta2. The spritemon formerly known as GRAINBY has undergone some changes. It's new name is PUMELBY (which is what Samson named it to begin with). It is no longer half rock half ground. It is strictly FIGHTING and it has an evolution which was not present in Beta 1. Also the trade in Mirroredge changes aswell. Instead of trading Yachibi East for Pumelby you now trade Lantkin for Envyromoss.

Next Up: Screenshots
    This screenshot will reveal three new spritemon and two beta2 locations.
    note: These shots are from Beta 2. You will not see nor obtain any of the revealed pokemon in Beta 1.
    Spoiler:

I thought it was fire and steel called volrunt???

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Multinun looks awesome. I would of been laughing if you put in a Plusle or Minun like pokemon and its symbol is Pi and an Exponent one whose ability is pressure because the opponent loses 2 pp and and anything to the second power is squared XD. Other than that, I think that the hack looks good and I will be looking forward to playing it. Keep on going and don't slow down!
    Haha, I would have done a pi one but I would have gotten carried away and had a hack full of mathmatical rats X3. Also no slowing down anyday soon for me haha!

Pallettes are good mapping cool
    Nice choice of Sprites its form one of the best spriters ive seen

And story is good
    But in stead of saying [Boy/Girl] You could just say child?
    Thanks! And what do you mean by [boy/girl]
    I thought it was fire and steel called volrunt???
    if you haven't noticed a lot of things changed with the spirtemon. If Samson PM's me then I'll change them back at his request. Also i changed its type due to an imbalance of fire/steel types (too many) as opposed to poison types (only 2).

Last edited:

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    The Egg shop script seems really neat. I think it'll make a great feature.

Though it should be "We sell EGGs that Trainers don't want." Basically you there shouldn't be an apostrophe. Capitalize "Trainers" because they're a group of people.

Comma after "Anywho". Your last screenshot looks worded pretty awkward. "I take care of the precious Pokemon of TRAINERS." Maybe "I take care of precious Pokemon that belong to TRAINERS." instead?

Lastly, you using "TRAINERS" in the last screenshot, and in the second not capitalizing it at all seems pretty inconsistent. I'm being a tad picky, but it is true.

Good luck with your future scripts and events.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    The Egg shop script seems really neat. I think it'll make a great feature.

Though it should be "We sell EGGs that Trainers don't want." Basically you there shouldn't be an apostrophe. Capitalize "Trainers" because they're a group of people.

Comma after "Anywho". Your last screenshot looks worded pretty awkwardly. "I take care of the precious Pokemon of TRAINERS." Maybe "I take care of precious Pokemon that belong to TRAINERS." instead?

That is the original script for the daycare in Fire Red. I don't agree with the grammar there either but meh, can't be bothered to change it.

Lastly, you using "TRAINERS" in the last screenshot, and in the second not capitalizing it at all seems pretty inconsistent. I'm being a tad picky, but it is true.
    Look up.
    Good luck with your future scripts and events.

My responses are in bold. I am typically very grammatically correct, but I'm divided between hacking and finishing my Biology homework :P.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2013
    When i chose the Grass-Starter i felt like i was destined for destruction. But i always considered grass starters the underdogs of the pokemon games since people rarely choosed them. Everything else such as tiles, and events are damn enjoyble. All the new pokemon were really enjoyable to see and i can't wait to play the next beta.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Update
    It is with great displeasure that I announce that thsi working version of Requiem has crashed. In the available download there is a tremendous game breaking error. I've had to restart a few times and it's tiring. But I will say that I have revamped everything in this hack. First and foremost I must say that I will no longer be working with Samson's spritemon. Nothing against them it's just thaty I was able to effecrtively remodel the story surrounding Celebi as opposed to the fakemon Knote. Instead I plan to keep this version of Requiem third generation only. Also I've decided against using WesleyFG's pallete. Instead I will be using Fire Red's stock tiles and pallete with the only deviation being the use of Emerald's grass. The story on the forst page will be changed and new screenshotss will be released soon. As a bonus for anyone who enjoyed the original Requiem beta 1.5 will be released Friday. Enjoy.

Omega Zero

Is back...
    Years
  • Update
    It is with great displeasure that I announce that thsi working version of Requiem has crashed. In the available download there is a tremendous game breaking error. I've had to restart a few times and it's tiring. But I will say that I have revamped everything in this hack. First and foremost I must say that I will no longer be working with Samson's spritemon. Nothing against them it's just thaty I was able to effecrtively remodel the story surrounding Celebi as opposed to the fakemon Knote. Instead I plan to keep this version of Requiem third generation only. Also I've decided against using WesleyFG's pallete. Instead I will be using Fire Red's stock tiles and pallete with the only deviation being the use of Emerald's grass. The story on the forst page will be changed and new screenshotss will be released soon. As a bonus for anyone who enjoyed the original Requiem beta 1.5 will be released Friday. Enjoy.
    if it is scripting i could help this is how i script

I create 2 back ups and i put them in dif folders
    then i script on one back up and fix the script till fixed properly
    then i copy the frest rom that works and compile the script on there
    and done :D

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023

I do the same!!! haha but I think the cause of the crash was graphical. First the trade screen messed up then the title screen refused to go past the rival. It either has to do with me improperly editing the graphics or messing up a pointer on my reecent binge of HEX editing. To be honest though I'm happy with Requiem the way it is at this moment. I had kind of reached a decrease in motivation and this crash kind of reignited my Rom Hacking Spark.

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Okay here's that update that I promised. It was supposed to happen Friday but I gto caught up in my weekend :3. Anyways I've uploaded what i call the FinalBeta. That doesn't mean that there will be no more beta's it's just a name I used for the last Beta of Requeim1.0. Currently I'm working on Requiem2.0. If you haven't noticed in the first post, the screenshots have been changed. Like I said the tiles and palettes for the most part have remained the same. And to add a little fun I'm going to answer any questions I think people would ask, in a Q&A fashion!

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011

I have to thank you for this. Until I read this, I always compiled my scripts into my game. Then I checked them in-game, and if something was wrong (there are always errors, most of them are text errors) I just compiled the script into the game again. Now I realize if I continue to do that, the chances of my rom crashing in the future increase. So I'm using your method now, I script and compile on a "test rom" and when the scripts are perfect that's when I insert them into my real rom. Once again thank you ^^ (Sorry for off-topic)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    How long is the "final beta?"

The final beta is just a tad longer than the original. You get another rival battle in and even get to visit the town with the daycare. You go through a cave, and two more routes. It is what I considered beta 1.5 but the last of that version of Requiem

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I don't want anyone to think this hack is dead so here I am with a long over-due update. Over the last month I've been doing a lot of behind the scences things. More than 85% of this hack has been de-capitalized. I've brought in the whole Headbutting trees concept (which is a fan favorite). I've also changed somevsprites. They aren't all going to be HGSS because I like some Third Gen. sprites better. I'm glad to announce that to this date, there aren't any game-ending glitches. As a matter of fact, I don't believe this hack has ANY bugs, at all. In terms of on-scene progression, I've made it to Mirroredge City, which (if anyone remembers) is where I ended the first beta of the last draft. But this time I'm aiming for a whole release, which means maybe the first half of the game. I'm sure the wait will be worth it.
    Enough babbling, time for some screenshots :D These screens were taken progressively and cover the span of 3 different locations. I have a folder full of them but won't upload them all. Gotta save a few surprieses in there ;)

Spoiler:

Ideas?
    Right now I'm torn between two ideas of how to implement a berry system. Any ideas?

Last edited:

drew6464

Spriter and composer
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 8, 2023
    Great looking game. I think you should make it so that the berries are named their normal ones and colored the same; "Oran Berry", a blue hard fruit, should be "Orange Fruit", a blue peelable fruit, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back