• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

UNDERGROUND: The Kanto Chronicles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
playerpineh6.png

UNDERGROUND

The Kanto Chronicles

Prior knowledge on The World Ends With You is not needed, though it is an advantage. Reading this link and looking through that wiki may help.
This is the IC thread. You can see all of the other stuff you need to know in the OOC thread.
The Underground is a chessboard for the Reaper's Game that mirrors Shibuya and tests Players to the limit. It's a dream to create anything you can imagine and an invisible world known only to those who have competed. It's a war ground between the two worlds and a second chance for those who have lost their lives. But is Shibuya the only place with an Underground?

The Pokémon World is also the host to the Reaper's Game, controlled by a Composer and his minions. The rules are one of the same with Shibuya with minor adjustments to suit the needs of the Players, though the main aim of the game is simple; survive the week and you might just get your life back.

There is one catch. To compete in the games, you give up the thing you hold most dear to you; your entry fee. If you get erased, you don't only lose your existence, your entry fee is erased too.

Seven days, seven missions. You can do it, right?​

DAY 1:
Spoiler:

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
At first the world was the black void of semi-consciousness. Yet, almost as quickly as it had come it was gone as Jessica opened her eyes. She felt as if she were waking from a rather deep sleep. The first thing she noticed was that she was sprawled on the ground. Given, she had slept on the ground before. It's just that this time she was in the city, /surrounded by people/. Jessica slowly shifted into a sitting position. She had felt something out-of-place resting in her palm, and so she went to check on that only to find a couple of pins. Huh. Looking around, nobody seemed to be paying attention to her. She just sort of took that with a grain of salt. At first she hadn't been able to remember where she was or how she had gotten here, yet now it was all started coming back to her. Or rather, some of it was.

Jessica's memory had been selectively taken from her, leaving only those memories that had left neutral to negative impacts on her emotions. Jessica did a double-check on the people around her as if to make sure they were not watching before she allowed herself to brood, rubbing at her temples in an attempt to relieve stress. She'd met with a horrifying fate, and yet here she was. The more she searched her memories, the more they pained her and left her feeling stressed and anxious. Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted by her phone ringing.

"Hmm?"

Jessica pulled out her phone to check it, only to find a message waiting for her telling her to 'make the invisible plain to see'. It also seemed to give her a time limit of two hours. Yet, as she was observing this last part, she felt a pain shoot up her right arm, originating from the palm of her hand. She quickly pulled her pained arm to herself and looked down at where it had been as if expecting to find sharp glass or something of the short. Yet, nothing was there and the pain quickly subsided. She turned the palm of he hand towards herself, unclenching her fist...

That was when she saw a timer. It listed two hours, and began counting down, accurate to the very second. Way to drive a point home. She simply stared at her hand for a moment until something caught her eye. It was a ratatta. Or at least, it resembled one. It's fur was heavily tinted red, and it seemed to bear strange black markings all over its body. Most disturbing of all was its limbs seemed to be missing altogether, though it seemed to be standing on legs that seemed to be formed out of the tattoos themselves.

There was a moment where Jessica just sort of stared as it started approaching. More pokemon of a similarly odd appearance were appearing out of thin air! Her eyes widened a bit at the realization that they were all looking /straight at her/. She didn't get the feeling they were there to be her friend. Yet... she had no pokemon to defend herself with. She rose to a standing position rather warily, only to have the ratatta charge her and attempt to bite her on the ankle. Jessica had been kind of expecting to be attacked though, and dodged. She took a few steps back, trying to distance herself. Yet, seeing as they were not backing off and she was currently in no position to fight, she was forced to turn tail and flee down the road with little regard for how panicked she looked.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Prolouge

The world was dark. Cold. Depressing. Void of life. That so it seemed..until the sounds of a train could be heard. The girl Gloria slowly opened her eyes from the sounds of the sudden train. When she woke up, it felt like she was waking up from a dream..that lasted forever. This was no dream, however. Gloria quickly got up, and stretched her body, realizing that she had the base guitar that she recognized; it belonged to her father. Then, Gloria had a realization; she was here for a reason. A deep, reason. Her father. That was a reason, however, that she had to be more in depth later.

Afterwords, she surveyed where she was. From the sounds of the train, she could only conclude that she was at a train station. She didn't know where she was, so she reached in her pocket, to find her cellphone. She was about to make a call to someone to figure out where she was, until, she got a text message. Curious, Gloria answered the text.

"Make the invisible plain to see. 2 hours."

"Give me a break..." Gloria sighed. "Looks like someone didn't get laid yesterday, so they're sending spam. DELETED." After fiddling with her phone however, Gloria then realized that she could, for some reason delete this mail. That was then, she felt a sharp pain on the palm of her hand, but then it quickly faded away. Then, Gloria had a quick look at the palm of her hand to see what had hit her, but all she found...was a timer.

2:00:00
1:59:59
1:59:58

"What...the...hell..." Gloria mumbled to herself, surprised at this timer. She awkwardly stared at it as it ticked...then toked. It was like...her time remaining to live. "I've heard of time to kill, but this is ridiculous!" Gloria then clenched her fist, and tried to see if she could rub it out, but the timer still was there...still ticking. It was then that suddenly, she heard a sound. The sound grew closer and louder as Gloria turned and turned trying to figure out where the sound was coming from, until she saw some figures; they were Ratattas; about three of them. She glared at them, a the Rattata's crept closer. Suddenly, one leaped, and tackled her. Gloria stumbled back a bit, which it wasn't long that she realized, she was being attacked. Gloria stumbled back a bit, and brought out her base guitar in front of her, holding it so that she could swing it, like a weapon. However, it was going to be futile. Hope for her was fading fast as the rats crept closer, getting ready to strike again.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
Zorya Solistum
Saffron City
Let the games begin...

-----

I must have been having a nightmare. A bad one, because I felt horrid. I stayed still for a moment, until I heard the sound of a train. Startled, I sat up so suddenly that I was surprised I even had that much energy. I never did in the mornings. I looked around and saw a train station, around it was a large city. I was in the streets of that city.

"Why am I...?" That was when realization dawned upon me. I was in the city for a reason, a life or death reason. "But where-" Wait, large city, train station, magnet train! Saffron City! Or was I in Johto's Goldenrod City? I looked around again, it was definately Saffron City as there was no department store, but there was Silph Co. towering above me.

I stayed there, sitting on the ground for a few minutes. As I did, people walked by me without even glancing at me. You would think that I was invisible. Just then, my phone went off, signaling a text message. I grabbed it out of my pocket and unlocked the touch screen before I clicked on the "New Message" notification.

Make the invisible plain to see. 2 hours.

"What...?" There was a sudden jolt of pain in my right arm, causing me to drop my phone. Once the pain subsided, I picked my phone back up off of the ground, and that's when I noticed something on my hand. There was a timer, and it was counting backwards from two hours. It was kind of creepy to see.

"Make the invisible plain to see...," I said the message out loud, hoping it would help me understand it better. It did. Just as I had noticed nobody seemed to notice me earlier, like I was invisible. Perhaps I had to make myself seen.

I saw a Rattata turn the corner. The only thing was that this Rattata looked odd. It had tinted red fur, black markings, and its limbs weren't... limbs, they seemed to be made out of... tattoos. I decided to pursue the Rattata, after all, it was so strange that it had to have something to do with my... situation.

I turned a corner and saw another girl. the girl was holding a bass guitar, but she seemed to be wielding it as a weapon against the Rattata. Well, if she could see these Rattata, and the Rattata were after her, then she might have had something to do with this... game. "Hey, you need some help?"

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Prolouge

Erased...Erased...Erased...

Was the only sounds of voices that Gloria could hear as the different structured Rattata crept in closer, and closer, ready to strike. Being erased...it didn't sound good. Swinging her base guitar could only get Gloria to defend her self so far. Cornered, Gloria's hope was beginning to fade, until, she heard a voice. "Hey, you gonna need some help?" Gloria then turned towards the voice; to a girl around her age. I'll be a monkey's uncle, what a glorious coincidence! She just wished that she could of been the hero.

Gloria slowly widened her eyes towards the stranger, as she was distracted for a moment. "Huh?! A party crasher?!" Gloria called out, holding and swinging the base guitar, still defending herself. "Uuuugh, fans! IS THIS THE END OF GLORIA?! BUT WAIT! MAYBE A QUIRK OF FATE?! A TOUCH OF DESTINY MIGHT SAVE HER?! Okay, you know what! Maybe...just MAYBE Gloria needs a quick hand..or two?"

With another swing of her guitar, she then noticed something fell out of her pocket. A pin that had a drawing that was shaped like a Whismur. The Whismur pin rolled on over past the rat beasts, towards the empty floor. Gloria was surprised for a bit, as she never had a pin that had a Whismur on it. Then, a strange light came. It was a warm, blue light. The rat beasts stopped on their tracks as the light slowly surrounded Gloria.

However, was this light a good sign? Then, Gloria's phone started to buzz and vibrate. She picked it up, as a text message showed:

"Confirming pact..."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Zorya Solistum

Saffron City
Boulder Pact

-----

"Huh?! A party crasher?!" The girl called out, holding and swinging the base guitar, still defending herself. "Uuuugh, fans! IS THIS THE END OF GLORIA?! BUT WAIT! MAYBE A QUIRK OF FATE?! A TOUCH OF DESTINY MIGHT SAVE HER?! Okay, you know what! Maybe...just MAYBE Gloria needs a quick hand..or two?" The girl, Gloria, said as she continued to swing her guitar.

"What?" I said to myself so that the other girl couldn't hear me. She seemed rather... confusing. Perhaps a little eccentric. I noticed her drop something, a pin with a Whismur on it, and after it rolled for a second, it had began to glow. The light that was emanating from it surrounded Gloria, before she pulled out her phone and checked it. I got an odd feeling and decided to check my bag's pocket. I ended up pulling out five pins, one with a Zubat, Paras, Geodude, Magnemite, and a silver Pokeball.

I held up the Pokeball pin and it too glowed, much like Gloria's Whismur pin. I attached the Pokeball pin to my dress, right over my heart, and I attached the other four pins to my sash. I heard my phone's text message alert go off again and checked it.

Confirming pact...

Okay, I guess this was all part of the game. I decided to test out one of the pins. I touched the Geodude pin and just... willed it to activate. Out of nowhere a series of boulders pelted the Rattata.

"Well that was... interesting."

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Prologue

Gloria watched in amazement as the girl managed to somehow throw boulders at the Ratatta. She slowly raised back up on her feet and stared at her. "Damn, girl...how in the blue hell did you do THAT?" Gloria asked, as the attack subsisted. Then, her phone vibrated once more. She picked it up, and saw the new text message she gotten:

"Pact...confirmed."

"That's...that's uber! BUT! HA-HA! WATCH THIS! SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME ATTACK ACTIVATE!" Gloria raised her fist in the air, as she she put on a determine face, to defeat the foes. After a few seconds though...even the Rattata knew that nothing happened. Gloria started to sweat as she still had her fist in the air...basically now looking like an idiot. However, that was probably because she didn't have a pin. It was strange though; a mere pin could have those strange powers.

Gloria then realized: it was all the pin's power. It activated after that strange blue light. So, with that knowledge, Gloria surveyed left and right the open space until she found her own Whismur pin on the floor. With the space cleared from the girl's boulder attack, she rolled through the opened space of Rattata, and quickly picked it up. Now, here's the main question: what does it do? Gloria had a small idea. "NOW, MY FANS!" she yelled, as she raised the Whismur pin in the air. "FEAST THE POWER OF THE GLOVA OF DISASTA -- GLORIAAAAA!" However, once again, nothing happened. Gloria sweated even more than she did, until her phone started to vibrate. She picked it up, reading the text message:

"293 Whismur - The Whisper Monster. Using this pin turns your melodies into attacks."

Melodies unto bone-crushing attacks? Was that what it does? What sort of melodies could Gloria do? That was when Gloria had an idea: her bass guitar. She pulled it out of its casing, seemed to be ready to play it. The Rat monsters were all prepared to strike at once, signalling this with their hateful glares, as Gloria too, was prepared. To rock. She raised her arms in the air. "You might wanna cover your ears, princess!" She called out to the girl as she then quickly strung it down on the guitar's strings. DRRRRUUUUUN! The sound's vibrations were different from any music piece that Gloria as ever played; the vibrations made the rat monsters were mobilized, seeming to be in pain. Then Gloria played the guitar more.

The melodies were harmful to the monsters, as soon, each one of them...started to vanish. Gloria was rocking out, yet she was kicking ass; what a pleasure!

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Zorya Solistum
Saffron City
The sound of sleep

-----

"Damn, girl...how in the blue hell did you do THAT?" Gloria asked.

"Uh, well, I uh-"

"That's...that's uber! BUT! HA-HA! WATCH THIS! SUPER SPECIAL AWESOME ATTACK ACTIVATE!" Gloria interrupted me mid-sentence. She raised her fist into the air and... nothing happened. After a moment Gloria retrieved her Whismur pin from the ground. "NOW, MY FANS!" Gloria raised the Whismur pin, "FEAST THE POWER OF THE GLOVA OF DISASTA -- GLORIAAAAA!" Again, nothing happened.

After Gloria checked her phone again, she got out her bass guitar and got ready to play it. "You might wanna cover your ears, princess!" Did she just call me princess? I didn't really have time to think about that before Gloria strummed her bass guitar, hurting the Rattata with the power of sound. The Rattata began to disappear, and I decided to help out by using another one of my pins.

I placed my hand on the Paras pin and what looked like a Sleep Powder attack appeared. It put the Rattata to sleep so it must have been Sleep Powder. Okay, Geodude was Rock Slide and Paras was Sleep Powder. Good to know. Too bad I didn't have something like Gloria's bass guitar to attack with. Although, I didn't really have a special life, so I didn't really have anything special to fight with. It made sense, but it was also a bit sad. "First thing to do when I get my life back: learn to play guitar." I said quietly to myself as Gloria continued to erase Rattata with her bass guitar.

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
Years
Waking up off of the ground wasn't completely new for Brad Dumont, an adventurer wasn't always able to find a proper place to sleep every night. What was new was waking up in the middle of a bustling city, having absolutely no idea what was going on. People were just walking around, without even acknowledging him. Something was weird, something wasn't right. All the memories were just so fuzzy though. Standing up, he put a head to his forehead. Nope, nothing was coming back to him.

Things became interesting though, he felt the phone in his pants vibrate. Quickly grabbing his phone, he scoffed as he deleted the message. There was no way that it was real. Almost immediately, the message came back. It didn't look like it was playing around, something needed to be done about it now. He went to go delete it again before he dropped his phone. Brad clutched at his wrist, gritting his teeth as a pain that he never experienced before was carving itself onto his hand.

2:00:00
1:59:59
1:59:58​

"What the hell!?" Brad shouted, trying to smear out the numbers with his other hand. Nothing was working. It was only then that he decided to read the text message again. Make the invisible plain to see. You have 2 hours.. So was he part of some stupid game? Why was he even here? He didn't like the sound of anything that was going on right now. All that he knew is that he had a timer, and he better make something plain to see in two hours. He didn't want to find out what happened otherwise.

That was when he noticed something else. There was a Pokemon running around the corner, except that, well any normal person would have been able to see that was some sort of monster. Its fur was red, tattoos and markings covering it's body. His instincts told him to do what everybody else would have done. He ran. He ran to the closest building that seemed to make any sense, the Pokemart.

He turned a corner, trying to find someone, anyone that was in the same predicament as him. That was when he saw her. A girl who was running away from the monsters, just exactly like he was. Somebody that was a part of this.

"Hey you!" He yelled out. He needed to grab her attention somehow.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Prolouge

A few more notes from Gloria's bass guitar was all she needed to exterminate the rest of the monsters. It took only a matter of seconds. Soon after, when the monsters were gone, and all the danger was done, Gloria played three more notes, BAM, BAM, BAAAAAM, and finished. No more monsters, all was safe. Gloria's bass guitar was heated up from Gloria's constant playing; bass guitars weren't made for rock and rolling after all. Gloria took a few seconds for herself to gasp for air, trying to calm herself down. Soon, she returned the bass guitar to the casing she puts in in, carried on her back, and tucked it in. Then she turned to the stranger; the girl.

"Phew...I think we're...safe!" Gloria said, smiling. "THANK YOU! THANK YOU MY FANS! I COULDN'T OF DONE IT WITHOUT YOU! GLORIA LOOOOVES YOU~! NEXT TIME EVIL WANTS A ROOM? TELL THEM TO CALL THE SMACKDOWN HOTEL!!"

She then took a few steps toward the girl. "Maaaan, what a rush!" Gloria stated; pretty much glad of what transpired. "You know, ever since I saw you, I've suddenly had these...dangerous powers. THIS IS A GOOD SIGN! MY FANS WOULD LOVE IT! What's you're name, by the name? Maybe you've heard of me? Glllllloria? Most electrifying girl ever? Party host? Iotola of rock n' rolla? The Damsel of Disarray? The masta' of insane disasta'? The sister of destruction? Err...stop me if I'm close or dead on!!"

Nakuzami

Years
Zorya Solistum
Saffron City
Glorious Gloria

-----

After a few more notes from Gloria's guitar, all of the Rattata creatures were gone. "Phew...I think we're...safe!" Gloria said, smiling, "THANK YOU! THANK YOU MY FANS! I COULDN'T OF DONE IT WITHOUT YOU! GLORIA LOOOOVES YOU~! NEXT TIME EVIL WANTS A ROOM? TELL THEM TO CALL THE SMACKDOWN HOTEL!!"

She then took a few steps towards me, "Maaaan, what a rush!" Gloria stated, sounding glad, "You know, ever since I saw you, I've suddenly had these...dangerous powers. THIS IS A GOOD SIGN! MY FANS WOULD LOVE IT! What's you're name, by the name? Maybe you've heard of me? Glllllloria? Most electrifying girl ever? Party host? Iotola of rock n' rolla? The Damsel of Disarray? The masta' of insane disasta'? The sister of destruction? Err...stop me if I'm close or dead on!!"

Man, this girl was crazy. "Er... No, can't say I've heard of you. My name's Zorya by the way."

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Prolouge

"N-never heard of me?! A-A-A QUIRK IN FATE?!" Gloria shrieked, hearing the words: 'I've never heard of you' uttered.' "...Doesn't matter though! I guess now's a good time to start! Well Zoi--Zorya, erm...sorry, I can't pronounce your name right; ah; its Zorya! I got it now. Anyway, people actually call me the Glor-monster, The Glor-izon, The Glorinaionmigian...but I just prefer Gloria. Haaaaaaaaah, the NAMES! Its a blessing to be this popular, I know."

Of course, continuing to babble on, and on, Gloria soon remembered something. "That reminds me!" she said, as she pulled out her phone. She opened her cellphone, and went to the text she received when she first got here. "Have you seen this message before? It says...make the invisible plain to see in two hours. Whatever the hell that means. And then...ZING! This clock-timer thing appeared right on my palm! Its...still ticking, but, now, I realize, I don't wanna see what happens if it hits 0...yikes. So, um, I guess since well, according to this phone, are in a pact with me, do you have any ideas?"

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Zorya Solistum
Saffron City
Invisibilty, a virtue, or a curse?

-----

"N-never heard of me?! A-A-A QUIRK IN FATE?!" Gloria shrieked, "...Doesn't matter though! I guess now's a good time to start! Well Zoi--Zorya, erm...sorry, I can't pronounce your name right; ah; its Zorya! I got it now. Anyway, people actually call me the Glor-monster, The Glor-izon, The Glorinaionmigian...but I just prefer Gloria. Haaaaaaaaah, the NAMES! Its a blessing to be this popular, I know."

After a bit of talking, Gloria finally moved on to a topic worth my sanity, "That reminds me!" She said, as she pulled out her phone. She opened her cellphone, and went to the text she received when she first got here. "Have you seen this message before? It says...make the invisible plain to see in two hours. Whatever the hell that means. And then...ZING! This clock-timer thing appeared right on my palm! Its...still ticking, but, now, I realize, I don't wanna see what happens if it hits 0...yikes. So, um, I guess since well, according to this phone, are in a pact with me, do you have any ideas?"

I pulled out my phone, opened the message and held up my hand. "Why yes, yes I have. I have almost no idea what it could mean though. I figured maybe it could mean us making ourselves visible to regular people but... I'm not sure how, or even if, we can do that." I let out a sigh, "Um, besides us, what's invisible?"

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
Jessica was holding onto her hat, literally, as a small group of the 'tattoo pokemon' gained on her. What had she done to deserve this? She vaguely heard someone call out, 'Hey you', but was at first unable to determine that he was talking to her. People murmured and talked around them, seemingly unaware of their existence. Despite this though, his yelling stuck out above the crowd and drew her attention briefly. She found herself slowing down, and was promptly rammed into from behind. She stumbled forward, shaken by the tackle attack. That had hurt, but she could honestly think of things that had hurt a lot worse. She turned on her assailants, only to find them now approaching with a sort of caution, circling her a bit as if they were afraid she might attack back. She backed away from them, not wanting to be surrounded, and glanced up at the boy that had yelled out. Was he ... looking at her? He was!

Turning tail and running again Jessica this time ran towards the boy who had called out. The 'tattoo pokemon' followed behind her, quick to give chase but not necessarily quick to attack. She slowed to a stop in front of the boy, a nervous expression on her face. She seemed to be a bit frightened, though who could blame her. When she spoke she spoke rapidly as if she were hyper, cupping her hands together in front of her as if to beg. Her tone nor her expression exactly contradicted the notion that she was begging. She needed his help pretty badly and sounded fittingly desperate.

"Please sir, would ya form a pact with me? I need yer help..."

It would become apparent that she did not always pronounce words right. The creatures that had been chasing her would slow down behind her, seemingly closing in to attack. It had become apparent to her that the longer one went without getting a partner, the more and more of the creatures would appear to attack them until they could no longer run or hide. By what she had said one could take from this that she apparently knew a bit about what was going on, or at least might seem to.

Loki

x
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2024
The sound of voices, overlapping and piling up on each other until all you can catch are quick snippets of conversations. Words, here and there, that have no place, no meaning, no context. Shoes shuffling, people walking back and forth hurrying to get to their destinations without stopping to take in their surroundings, or think about anyone else around them. Laughter. Yelling. Honking. Giggling.

Arron cracked his eyes open, feeling groggy as though he'd been as light as a feather just one second prior, then came crashing down onto the pavement like a lead bar had been dropped on top of him. Groaning as he pushed himself up into a sitting position, he immediately sensed that something was off. Something wasn't right.

First, he was in a city, and last he could recall, he'd been out in the middle of some tall grass looking for a new party member—far away from the urban sprawl. Second, as he automatically reached down to feel for his pokeballs, instead of spheres, he felt pins. Third, despite his arms pushing his torso off the ground, he couldn't exactly "sit up" per say. Having been face-first in the pavement, he'd of course taken the obvious course of action; That is, he attempted to turn over and sit on his backside, like any normal person. The only problem was, his legs stubbornly refused to oblige—laying like useless sacks of flesh on the floor. Bizarre just couldn't describe it. Arron twisted around, furrowing his brow as he used one hand to prop himself up and the other to brush his long bangs out of his eyes. Why wouldn't they move?!

He reached out to manually toss the limb over, a tentative reaction to something he hoped was just a temporary affliction. But that wasn't the case at all.

"What the--!?" Arron's hand reeled back as he realized that he couldn't feel his hand against his leg. On his fingertips, he felt solid skin, the soft sensation of flesh and the taut muscle from months and months of walking. However the feeling was one-sided—his legs seemed not to register at all that there was a pressure on the back of his calf. And why wasn't anyone slowing down to check if he was alright?! He was lying on the floor, helpless, freaking out, and everyone just moved on like all was well!! His brow furrowed together into his signature frown as he snapped at anyone who was listening, "Ain't no one got the decency to tell me what's goin' on?!"

Almost instantaneously, recollection hit like a frying pan in the face. He'd been killed—sat on and then stepped on in what was an ungraceful death that he'd prefer not to recall. But that explained the legs. It didn't, however, explain how he was supposed to deal with it. He swallowed hard, taking deep breaths as he slowly lowered himself back onto the pavement. Staring hard at the black gravel underneath him, Arron listened to his racing heartbeat, a mixture of rage, panic, and anxiety. This was unfair- an unfair way to die, and an unfair way to play the second chance game. He was at a complete disadvantage if he couldn't even do something so simple as walk around!! And nobody seemed to realize his dilemma!

He clenched his fist, letting out a strangled yell of frustration—it wasn't as if anyone could hear or see him, or else they would've at least stopped to ask if he was okay, right? Yeah, wrong. But if he sat here and pitied himself, it would be like admitting defeat, right? Arron took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as he sorted out the priorities in his mind. First of all, he needed to sit up, so he could survey his surroundings 360, rather than just the area directly in front of and beside him. Using his hands to rearrange his legs, Arron looked up just in time to see a blue wheelchair sitting quietly in front of him. It was basic—absolutely the bare essentials, a chair and wheels with some uncomfortable looking arm rests. Indeed, the type that most hospitals used for their temporary patients, where mobility was valued far over comfort.

"Aight someone didn't think this through," Arron grumbled to himself, looking at the distance between his immobile legs and the wheelchair, "Ain't never sat in a wheelchair, ain't never tried to get into one from down on the ground, and ain't never worked one neither….." It would be an ordeal to get into that thing, seeing as he wasn't exactly facing the right direction to drag himself over to it. As he simmered in his irritation, the sharp sound of his cellphone cut through the air, interrupting his steady flow of muttered profanities. Not a phone call, but a text message—strange, seeing as Arron had very few accquaintences who used that method of communication. He flipped the slim black device open, peering down at the contents.

"Make the invisible plain to see. 2 hours."

Arron narrowed his eyes in confusion and disbelief at the screen. Cryptic message that made no sense and a time period. A time limit? Or—or would the invisible be seen in 2 hours?? "…. What the fu— OWWW MOTHER OF MAREEP!"

Arron dropped his phone, clutching his other hand in shock as a sharp pain went through the palm of his hand. It wasn't so much that it hurt, so much that he hadn't been prepared for it at all! On his hand, a ticker that looked as if it had been etched into the very muscle of his palm was slowly counting down.

OK.

Now THAT. Was bizarre. Staring at his hand, Arron couldn't believe his eyes. There was a freakin' timer, on his freakin' hand, that was freakin' changing with each second!!!

A screech cut his internal panic short. Suddenly a ball of feathers whipped past him, narrowly missing him and hurtling away into the sky. If this could get any weirder, Arron would be pretty dang shocked. He whirled around, looking for the source of whatever had nearly taken him out—spotting what was unmistakeably a pidgey, but…. Not quite a pidgey. It's wings were 2-dimensional, almost like tribal tattoos jutting out of the feathery body. This game that he'd found himself in? Yeah. It had just gotten even weirder, and Arron was… well, pretty dang shocked.

"Ay—Wait just a minute 'ere!" He shoved his cellphone back into his jacket pocket, scooting backwards frantically with his hands as the pidgey spread it's wings for a second dive, "This ain't fair at all! I got nothin' to frickin' fight with ya cheatin' nutjobs!"

Twisting his body just out of the way as the pidgey swooped past, Arron caught sight of the infernal beast quickly turning in the air, beating it's strange wings against the air. Essentially immobile on the ground with nothing to fight this monster off, Arron threw his arms up over his face, bracing for impact…….

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
D A Y // O N E

Music's in the Spoiler!
Spoiler:

*******************​

"Um...what besides us are invisible? Wait...WE'RE invisible?!"
Gloria panicked, as she touched all over her body, then looked at her hands quickly, to see if she was still there; still visible. She glanced around some of the few people that entered and exited the train station, as Gloria waved her arms repeatedly and tried to call out for their attention, but it was no use. No one could hear her, yet see her. It was true; she was completely invisible to the other people. "Oh...crap. NO...NO! NO! NO! DO. YOU. KNOW. WHAT. HAPPENS. IF. NO. ONE. HEARS. ME. PERFORM?! Damn... Well, I'm not sure. Hm...maybe one of our pins could help?" She then reached for her pocket for her pins. She had a few of them, and pulled each one of them out, until she had a handful. She had her Whismur Pin, a Spearow Pin, a Chancey Pin, even some pins that had pictures of money on them. Then, she noticed something else: a pin that didn't have a picture of a pokemon, or money on it. It was black, with a picture of what it seemed to be a pokeball.

"I wonder what this one is...?"
Gloria thought to her self, as she then tried to fiddle with it, wave it around, and thrust it down, until she clenched it with her fist; which triggered something mysterious. Gloria heard a strange sound; like a voice. She then turned to her partner Zorya as she unclenched her left hand, asked her a question: "Did...you just hear something weird?" She then quickly surveyed the area, where the people were exiting and entering the underground trains. As someone walked by Gloria, she then, without thinking, fiddled and played around with the mysterious black and white pin with her left hand, until...she heard the sound again. This time, the sounds of voices was clearer. This time, she heard several:

"...I hate telemarketers."
"Everyone uses curse words...! Kids these damn days!"
"...I wonder what I'm going to have for lunch?"

Then, Gloria unclenched her hand once again. It was then she finally noticed, it was the black and white pin she was holding that made the ability of mind-reading possible. She had a long, stare at the pin, not believing what was happening, then she turned to Zorya. "Okay...don't freak out when I tell you this!" Gloria started to explain hastily. "But this pin I'm holding...we can read random people's MINDS with it!"

Nakuzami

Years
Zorya Solistum
Saffron City
Invader MIND

-----

"Um...what besides us are invisible? Wait...WE'RE invisible?!" Gloria turned and did what I had done earlier; made sure we were completely invisible. Except... she kind of freaked out a bit more than me when she figured it out."Oh...crap. NO...NO! NO! NO! DO. YOU. KNOW. WHAT. HAPPENS. IF. NO. ONE. HEARS. ME. PERFORM?! Damn... Well, I'm not sure. Hm...maybe one of our pins could help?" Gloria then pulled out a pin marked with a Pokeball, the same one I was wearing on my chest. Although, she also pulled out some extra pins, and I decided to check my pockets again. There were three more pins, all of them were the same, but they looked more like... some sort of currency pin rather than... well, whatever the rest were. I placed them back inside my pocket and turned back to Gloria.

"I wonder what this one is...?" Gloria clenched the Pokeball pin for a moment, before she quickly turned back to me."Did...you just hear something weird?"

"Uh... no?" Gloria turned to survey the area, before she once more firmly held the Pokeball pin in her hand. After another moment, she spoke once more.

"Okay...don't freak out when I tell you this!"Gloria started to explain hastily, "But this pin I'm holding...we can read random people's MINDS with it!" I paused for a moment, a little bit skeptical. Although, with the things that had been happening today, anything was possible.

I placed my hand on my own pin and tightened my grip on it.

'This ice cream is DELICIOUS!'
'Y'know, I really really like Growlithe, I'm gonna catch a whole pack!'
'Oh, Arceus! Where'smykeys where'smykeys where'smykeys?!'
'Lady Gaga is so weird...'

I kind of laughed at that last thought, I mean, everybody knew that a long time ago. "Well, cool, we can read minds." I let go of the pin and turned back to Gloria. "Well, we also have these weird... money pins, and we have...," I took a look at my palm, "About one hour and forty minutes to figure out how to make the invisible plain to see. We should really get a move on on that."

Last edited:

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
D A Y // O N E

Gloria subconsciously activated her Player Pin, then, she saw something else; red symbols. They didn't look to pleasant to encounter. "Wha--these are!" Gloria shrieked. "These are those...monster-noise symbols!" Gloria was concerned, however, they didn't seemed to attack her. She looked around at them, but that's when her partner spoke:

"Well, we also have these weird... money pins, and we have...," she took a look at my palm, "About one hour and twenty minutes to figure out how to make the invisible plain to see. We should really get a move on on that."

"Uuuuuugh, I hate thinking too much..." Gloria sighed, asher timer was ticking as well. Time was running out. "Okay, lets go over what we know...WE'RE invisible, and this clue says we gotta make the invisible plain to see. It COULD be us, or maybe something else invisible. You know what I was thinking? These pins; these pins that helps us to read minds; maybe that's a clue in itself! Erm...um...ROCK ON!! Maybe there's more stuff we can see when we...'scan' for things? I dunno. Hey, wanna go outside? I hate it here anyway. It smells like my brother's dog turd breath."

Last edited:

Nakuzami

Years
Zorya Solistum
Saffron City
1:40; and the clock keeps ticking

-----

"Wha--these are!" Gloria shrieked, "These are those...monster-noise symbols!" I looked around, but I didn't see anything that concerned me, so I just ignored it. "Uuuuuugh, I hate thinking too much..." Gloria sighed, time was running out. "Okay, lets go over what we know...WE'RE invisible, and this clue says we gotta make the invisible plain to see. It COULD be us, or maybe something else invisible. You know what I was thinking? These pins; these pins that helps us to read minds; maybe that's a clue in itself! Erm...um...ROCK ON!! Maybe there's more stuff we can see when we...'scan' for things? I dunno. Hey, wanna go outside to scan things? I hate it here. It smells like my brother's dog turd breath."

"Uh, I actually think that it might not be us. I mean, whatever "game" we're playing, the game creator or whatever probably doesn't want us interacting with people... but maybe it's making those creatures... no, those can't be it either. Well, maybe not making them plain to see to regular people... um, well, let's see what else these pins can do, and then we might figure out what exactly we need to make plain to see."

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023

DAY 1; Brock & Janine

"So, this is your very first week? Are you excited?"

"A little. Mainly nervous, I guess."

"I'm sure you'll be fine."

Brock let out a yawn and stretched his arms out as he walked to the ledge of the building. On top of the Silph Corporation Building was his favourite place in Saffron; you could see pretty much everything. Even Pewter City was (barely) visible around the monstrous Mt. Moon. It was surely a sight to marvel at. It was even more beautiful in the evenings, though days rarely ever drifted past the early afternoon in the UG. 

"Your father certainly has high expectations of you," Brock said. When he didn't hear a reply, he arched his neck back to see Janine with her own eyes planted directly on her shoes. He gave a sigh, strode over to her and clasped his hands on her shoulders. She immediately looked up at him, her nervousness in her eyes somewhat amplified at the mention of her father. "Don't worry, you'll be fine. The Composer chose me as your supervisor for a reason and I don't intend on letting him or Koga down."

Janine gave a small smile and a nod. "Okay!"

"That's the spirit! Now, let's go erase some players and earn you some points," Brock took her hand and, with wings outstretched, stepped off the ledge together. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back