• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Tool: Type Effectiveness Editor

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Type Effectiveness Editor

Greetings once again! Today, I come to you with my latest tool for you all, the Type Effectiveness Editor! Basically, it is a tool to edit the Strength/Weakness table of all (English) 3rd generation Pokémon games!

Features
  • Edit Strengths/Weaknesses
  • Add/remove types!
  • Edit type names!

Images
Spoiler:

Download
Version 1.1: Here
* NOTE: .Net 4.5 is required for version 1.1 to work! *
Version 2.1: Here
* NOTE: .Net 4.0 is required for version 2.1 to work! *
Version 3.0: Here
* Once again, .Net 4.0 is required to run version 3.0! *

And for the source code, here is a link to the GitHub: Clicky

Enjoy~

Last edited:

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
It gave me a 404 error after I clicked the link?

But the tool seems cool and useful, so I'll grab it when the download is fixed.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
I hate to complain again, but I downloaded the file but all that comes out of the .rar file no matter what I do is roms.dat? Dunno what's wrong there.

Kakarot1212

Resident Programmer
Years
One quick question, I added fairy type on my hack, does/can your tool edit the strength and weaknesses of fairy type? :S

GreyVirgo

•=ØInfinityØ=•
Years
One quick question, I added fairy type on my hack, does/can your tool edit the strength and weaknesses of fairy type? :S

Maybe but first copy your ROM then paste the second ROM to somewhere safe that is not in the same place of the original ROM you used... Then test it if it works..... Hope this kinda' helps.

Jambo51

Glory To Arstotzka
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2018
Got a little nitpick. It should be "Affected by Foresight" instead of effected.

Also, I'd like to ask how your tool deals with the foresight table? And does the tool ask before repointing or anything?

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Got a little nitpick. It should be "Affected by Foresight" instead of effected.

Also, I'd like to ask how your tool deals with the foresight table? And does the tool ask before repointing or anything?

Thanks for the grammar fix.

What it does is save any types that are affected by foresight into its special table after saving all the types that fit in the normal table. And no, it does not ask to repoint. It just does it automatically.

Kawaii Shoujo Duskull

The Cutest Duskull
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 10, 2023
Does this tool actually add and remove types? Or would you still have to replace other types to do that?

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Does this tool actually add and remove types? Or would you still have to replace other types to do that?

No, it sticks with the original 18 types found in the games. You would need to replace others for it to work within my tool right now.

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2021
After I edited a FR game I wanted to get rid of something I made. I went back and then when I pressed Save it said "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application" and it said the index was outside the bounds of the array. I decided to close it and start again, but then the application didn't want to start my FireRed ROM. Do you know what the problem is?

I got rid of Normal's Foresight thing because I was making an inverse hack. I forgot Fighting, so then I changed Fighting and saved - that's how it happened first.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
After I edited a FR game I wanted to get rid of something I made. I went back and then when I pressed Save it said "Unhandled Exception has occurred in your application" and it said the index was outside the bounds of the array. I decided to close it and start again, but then the application didn't want to start my FireRed ROM. Do you know what the problem is?

I got rid of Normal's Foresight thing because I was making an inverse hack. I forgot Fighting, so then I changed Fighting and saved - that's how it happened first.

Ah, thanks for the info. I fixed the issue, and I put up a fresh download in the first post. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2021
Hm. I tried 1.1 and made a FAIRY type replacing ??? for fun. After I made a bunch of new matchups, it gave me an error and didn't let me edit anything else - I could remove stuff, but not edit. I'll get rid of Fairy as I don't want to cause any troubles.

Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hm. I tried 1.1 and made a FAIRY type replacing ??? for fun. After I made a bunch of new matchups, it gave me an error and didn't let me edit anything else - I could remove stuff, but not edit. I'll get rid of Fairy as I don't want to cause any troubles.

Well I'm not really sure what you messed up there...
I can say that I have used to tool to correctly insert repace ??? in Emerald, so I don't know why it could have locked up.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 6, 2017

I'm sort of having the same problem; whenever I try to add new matchups to the ??? type, it just keeps on adding "Normal 0%" instead of the matchups I intended and the program eventually crashes.

Germaniac

Victoria Concordia Crescit
Years
I'm sort of having the same problem; whenever I try to add new matchups to the ??? type, it just keeps on adding "Normal 0%" instead of the matchups I intended and the program eventually crashes.
There's no more free space on the type effectiveness table, hex editing is always better btw

Back