• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Type Effectiveness Editor

Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2022
    Hello! The new types that are made do seem to be acknowledged by the game, but they are invisible, you cannot see them (The game doesn't display them at all). How can this issue be fixed?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    Hello! The new types that are made do seem to be acknowledged by the game, but they are invisible, you cannot see them (The game doesn't display them at all). How can this issue be fixed?

You have to edit the images for the types manually. All this tool can do is modify the effectiveness and text for the name.

Drake Baku

Draconian Dragon Prince
    Years
  • each time I try to save the new chart, either way of replacing ??? or adding a new type
    I keep getting an error message about the index being outsize of the matrixboarders (got the remark in dutch so I am assuming this to be the right translation)
    and either way, pressing the continue or close button, results in nothing being changed

I had seen some others had something similar on the first page, about not understanding how the tool works and all
    but the tutorial or something you gave then, is gone now...

so yeah, no clue on what is up and how to fix it

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2017
    What's the free space finder thing? I cant save and im afraid to corrupt my files

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Hi Esperance, I'm using the 3.0 version and I was attempting to add a new type, not replacing the "???" typing, I did it set my strengths & weaknesses, then saved and took note of the new pointer locations.

And I decided to try hex maniac advance and try to take a look to make sure everything went in correctly.
    After putting in the new pointer, I found my new type, but my effectivenesses were mixed up.

Things I listed as normal effectiveness were either super, or not very instead, while in some places it seemed like the relations I had put in were completely reversed, even more curious my type appeared in the code twice.

Once as I wrote it and then a second time as "mytypename~2" don't know if that's completely clear but it added a tildy and a 2 to the end of the name I put in, like it was a separate second instance of the name and data, but possibly with different values.

Relations were also off somewhat for this second ver.

In my confusion I thought I did something wrong and tried to load it again, I hit file open, it opened from the same directory and I loaded the same file.
    I went to my offset for the table, and everything was perfect, there was no second text name, no second set of type variables either.
    Everything was exactly as it should be.

Do you have any idea what could have caused this?
    And do you think I should bring this up with the hex maniac author?
    Not sure if its worth calling a bug since it straightened out after reloading.

edit:

I found the problem and got it working with HMA, everything's good now.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    Hi Esperance, I'm using the 3.0 version and I was attempting to add a new type, not replacing the "???" typing, I did it set my strengths & weaknesses, then saved and took note of the new pointer locations.

And I decided to try hex maniac advance and try to take a look to make sure everything went in correctly.
    After putting in the new pointer, I found my new type, but my effectivenesses were mixed up.

Things I listed as normal effectiveness were either super, or not very instead, while in some places it seemed like the relations I had put in were completely reversed, even more curious my type appeared in the code twice.

Once as I wrote it and then a second time as "mytypename~2" don't know if that's completely clear but it added a tildy and a 2 to the end of the name I put in, like it was a separate second instance of the name and data, but possibly with different values.

Relations were also off somewhat for this second ver.

In my confusion I thought I did something wrong and tried to load it again, I hit file open, it opened from the same directory and I loaded the same file.
    I went to my offset for the table, and everything was perfect, there was no second text name, no second set of type variables either.
    Everything was exactly as it should be.

Do you have any idea what could have caused this?
    And do you think I should bring this up with the hex maniac author?
    Not sure if its worth calling a bug since it straightened out after reloading.

edit:

I found the problem and got it working with HMA, everything's good now.

Can I ask how you fix this problem in Hex Maniac? After I save the new pointer, I can't search the types' names or check if they work.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    I've downloaded the tool a few days ago (had downloaded the cry editor as well) I love the tools.
    But with the type editor, I feel like there's an issue as in, whenever I change one type matchup, the tool automatically changes another. The issue seems to be mostly related to the Offensive chart of the Ground and Poison types, and their relation with Bug and Steel for the former, and Ghost, Fire and Steel for the latter. Do you have any idea why it's happening and what I can do to fix it?

Back