The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 21st, 2013, 09:46 PM
Heartouch
Count the stars between us

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Heartouch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shining Raichu View Post
A new DCC? :O

But this one is written with such excitement and happiness; where is the negativity I seek to spread?
It's because we must kick off the Christmas with a blast, that the DCC is cheerful right now. It's holiday season, after all. I can't believe it's in 3 more days. And oh boy. Many Greninjasks at the same time.

Last edited by Heartouch; December 21st, 2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:04 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starry Windy View Post
Currently I was aiming for bigger post counts because I was aiming to get a blog in here because it takes 5,000 posts to be able to use it. Even though, I want to do it with my own pace though, because it's no good if I force it too hard.
I remember wanting to try and reach 5,000 posts for a blog, but I ended up getting a blog before even hitting that mark due to being supporter. And yeah I decided to not do a traditional Christmas avatar/sig theme this year and opted for Elsa for a change.

I mean, I can't have the same boring theme every Christmas can I?
And not forget where you’ve come from

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old December 21st, 2013, 10:08 PM
Heartouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
And yeah I decided to not do a traditional Christmas avatar/sig theme this year and opted for Elsa for a change.

Yep, like Christmas theme dominates everything today lol
Variations are nice so that we won't be bored, so that's nice Hika.

Btw, in my case, I didn't using any Christmas theme except for a merely simple texts in my sig a year ago that I've decided to use it now. I was a heavy noob a year ago

Last edited by Heartouch; December 21st, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Quote:
Yep, like Christmas theme dominates everything today lol
Variations are nice so that we won't be bored, so that's nice Hika.

Btw, in my case, I didn't using any Christmas theme except for a merely simple texts in my sig a year ago that I've decided to use it now. I was a heavy noob a year ago
When I was a noob, my signatures used to suck. Not anymore!

And yeah, Elsa is really beautiful. I've heard that Frozen is said to be a really good movie.

Old December 21st, 2013, 10:11 PM
Aeroblast
웃웃웃웃웃웃웃

Nature: Serious
Quote:
I remember wanting to try and reach 5,000 posts for a blog, but I ended up getting a blog before even hitting that mark due to being supporter. And yeah I decided to not do a traditional Christmas avatar/sig theme this year and opted for Elsa for a change.

How do Australians celebrate Christmas? I'd be weirded out if it was summer during Christmas.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:15 PM
Nina Dobrev

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by 루기아 View Post
How do Australians celebrate Christmas? I'd be weirded out if it was summer during Christmas.
It would be something like Christmas in July?
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:18 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Quote:
Well, down here in Australia we usually celebrate the food part similar to most other countries but yeah sometimes Australians like to have a swim at the beach given how hot it gets here during summer. I also like to look at pics of snowflakes, ice and other winter stuff just to take my mind off the heat given how much I sweat right now.

Plus, there's always those kids who love visiting those department store Santas. Westfield, which is one of the biggest shopping mall chains in the country, have very beautiful decorations up during the Christmas period.

Old December 21st, 2013, 10:18 PM
Heartouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector View Post
It would be something like Christmas in July?
You didn't forgot that I'm celebrating Christmas without any snowy gimmicks or everything right? (except for the decors) Everything is hawt in tropical area like Indonesia. The malls have already set up many Christmas tree, and not to tell, Christmas songs are playing around as well ever since some weeks ago, and the Santa will show up at malls too.

Last edited by Heartouch; December 21st, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:23 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Quote:
You didn't forgot that I'm celebrating Christmas without any snowy gimmicks or everything right? (except for the decors) Everything is hawt in tropical area like Indonesia.
I'd imagine how boiling hot it'd be over there for you Windy, having a Christmas during summer like me often causes me and my fellow Australians to find a way to make it interesting. In fact, in Australia right now, a commercial for the German-originated supermarket chain Aldi depicts these people dressed as Santa and riding on surfboards.

There's even a song by the Australian children's performing group Hi-5 which sings about Santa wearing shorts. What a way to reference the Australian summer that we have during Christmas!

Old December 21st, 2013, 10:27 PM
Heartouch

Quote:
I'd imagine how boiling hot it'd be over there for you Windy, having a Christmas during summer like me often causes me and my fellow Australians to find a way to make it interesting. In fact, in Australia right now, a commercial for the German-originated supermarket chain Aldi depicts these people dressed as Santa and riding on surfboards.

There's even a song by the Australian children's performing group Hi-5 which sings about Santa wearing shorts. What a way to reference the Australian summer that we have during Christmas!
Hi-5? I missed that show already, I haven't watching it for years now due to my current age, but I still like that show. And yeah, that's interesting indeed to see Santa wearing shorts. Usually he's wearing a red jacket or clothes for me.
Old December 21st, 2013, 10:33 PM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Quote:
Hi-5? I missed that show already, I haven't watching it for years now due to my current age, but I still like that show. And yeah, that's interesting indeed to see Santa wearing shorts. Usually he's wearing a red jacket or clothes for me.
I used to watch their show when I was little, but the group has been changing lineups so often as of late I like completely forget it every single time. But yeah, I did watch a bit of some Christmas stuff last night, Australian TV usually loves getting a bit happy with Christmas-themed shows around this time.

And then after this there's New Year's Eve, if one doesn't know already my home city of Sydney has one of the biggest fireworks displays in the world. They always love to put more effort into the fireworks every year, and funnily enough it's not going to be broadcasted on a major commercial channel this year but on the ABC instead. I wonder how the ABC's lack of commercial advertising will make the experience different.

Old December 21st, 2013, 10:41 PM
Heartouch

Quote:
And then after this there's New Year's Eve, if one doesn't know already my home city of Sydney has one of the biggest fireworks displays in the world. They always love to put more effort into the fireworks every year, and funnily enough it's not going to be broadcasted on a major commercial channel this year but on the ABC instead. I wonder how the ABC's lack of commercial advertising will make the experience different.
I've seen the firework fest in your area Hika, since 2 years ago, and it was intense, I like it. I just hope this year's firework fest will be much better than what I see before, even though it's broadcasted on ABC. Not to mention that one or two of the major news channel in my country showcases many New Year firework fests too (and Sydney is among one of them).
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:51 PM
Alex
Quicker than the darkness…~

Duuuuude, Aldi was the shiz back in Carolina. They beat everyone's prices on next to everything!

I had absolutely no idea they were a super popular international chain. That boggles my mind!

Quote:
YEEEEEAH

uh-huh

u kno what it do
The PokéCommunity Live! <~Sotomura> “It’s personal.” <Greninja> ignore twocows he smells like twice the manure <+wakachamo> Alex are you in a state prison rn <+twocows> my doujins are the best <+Alex> sometimes ecchi can be a kickstarter for an overworked motor <Greninja> lunatic is the only mode I play in <~Sotomura> I really don’t feel like watching Best Wishes <+Alex> the guy preventing me from being first on the voice list <+Alex> good holy christ its way better without minaj <Zeffy> yaoi is the sounds they make while doing the nasty <+twocows> i really want my pc to be more like a phone <+twocows> thanks, microsoft
Old December 21st, 2013, 11:56 PM
Nina Dobrev

Quote:
Originally Posted by ®ock§mashGod View Post
Duuuuude, Aldi was the shiz back in Carolina. They beat everyone's prices on next to everything!

I had absolutely no idea they were a super popular international chain. That boggles my mind!
I have an Aldi in my town in Ohio. I go there every month to purchase Tomato Soup, Milk, Tuna & Apple Cider. Except, Aldi isn't a supermarket, so they don't have 2305209348208 things Walmart has.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:07 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Aldi has been heavily expanding in Australia the last 12 years. In fact, they now have way more stores here now then they did in 2001 when they first broke into Australia. I don't trust their products though, I have something against "generic" brands.

Old December 22nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Heartouch

I don't see Aldi in my country yet, but my country have some equivalent stores like hypermart (yep, the lowercase on h is intentional), Giant, Carrefour, and Indomaret, among all things. And I personally prefer buying the well-known products more than their own products for some reason.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:35 AM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
We have Aldi stores here in my area as well.. and I kinda figured as such that they were one of those international supermarket chains, because of a name like that xD we never shop at them though
Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:46 AM
Somniac
Probably sleeping.

Quote:
Upside-down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector View Post
I have an Aldi in my town in Ohio. I go there every month to purchase Tomato Soup, Milk, Tuna & Apple Cider. Except, Aldi isn't a supermarket, so they don't have 2305209348208 things Walmart has.
Aldi has expanded a lot in the UK recently too. The only thing i'ev ever bought from there was a big bottle of peach schnapps.
It was pretty good considering it was a £5 bottle of schnapps.

Unrelated: I now have a nice colorful name.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:48 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

I have a thing against generic brands of food, It's because I think they'll taste bad.

And wow congrats on the supportership Somniac! Green looks kinda sexy on you.

Old December 22nd, 2013, 05:50 AM
Cordelia
LIMITLESS

Nature: Bold
My post count exploded this year -- from about 1800 to what it is now and who knows what it'll be by year's end xD Yeah, I know I'm reaching towards an old topic but who cares xD

And Somniac, congratulations :) It does fit you quite well.

Seraph Robe

Elixir

House of Ylisse

Loyalty, Strength, Honor.

Old December 22nd, 2013, 06:35 AM
Terabyte

Nature: Jolly
I still need to increase from this Tier 1 :[ hopefully it can be a Christmas present to PC for my parents to let me donate here.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
Evil Stud Muffin
I like kitties

Nature: Lax
Whenever I post in here with one of the few black names I feel so down. I know labels don't matter as much as quality, but still.
Old December 22nd, 2013, 07:46 AM
Hikamaru
→ make a wish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elendil View Post
Whenever I post in here with one of the few black names I feel so down. I know labels don't matter as much as quality, but still.
Funnily enough, the green italics have grown on me so much I find it hard to look back on a screenshot of my name when it was blue, or heck even when it wasn't italic or colored or anything. Plus, it seems like all my profile designs are taking advantage of supporter perks these days.

Old December 22nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
⊗Slenderman⊗
Tyrunt

Nature: Quiet
I was working toward 5,000 posts, too, until Dipu decided be to awesome and give me the supportership he won. My memory hates me and I didn't know him real well, so I'm having trouble remembering, but I think it was Mr. X who put the supportership up in the first place.

The operator symbols look a little funky like this, but I don't mind. I'm used to having a green/italicized name, so it would seem weird otherwise.

Pokemon Y Pokedex entry
My Trade Review Thread
Just a Trade Sh⊗p
Paired to Amaura
Old December 22nd, 2013, 08:21 AM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I had around 5,000 posts at the beginning of the year. Where did my life go...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links