• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames [Upd. Sept. 30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
blankbar_by_pokemonswhf-d98mhjh.png

headernew2_by_masterganelon-d98ha9e.png

Your story begins in a small town, as a new research assistant to the local Pokémon Professor. It's not long before things become much more interesting, and your adventure will take you across a region of unparalleled beauty. The Pokémon League beckons, but it may end up being the least of your challenges: mysterious events are unfolding, and the threat just might be hiding in plain sight...

Welcome to Charpa- a region that is suffering disaster after unexplained disaster with no end in sight. Have you the bravery to discover its secrets?

tinybuffer_by_masterganelon-d986mdj.png

~ The Game ~

Pokémon Shining Waters / Hazing Flames is a hack with a focus on exploration and adventure. The Charpa Region is huge, and better yet it feels huge: it's easy to get lost, and you'll need to keep your wits about you as you explore the scenery, discover the many secrets and work your way towards the Pokémon League.

On your journey, you will encounter a variety of old and completely new Pokémon that have never been seen before. Don't worry, though. You won't be trapped in the wilderness, running out of Repels as you're ambushed over and over by wild Pokémon. The encounter rate will be lower than the official games, as will the number of rival trainers you encounter on your journey... but each battle will be a challenge, and each victory will yield reward- sometimes money, usually something more. Many trainers will be more than happy to battle you more than once, helping you gain experience to tackle the next Gym Leader.

As you progress the story, you'll realise that there's more to Charpa than meets the eye. Deception and illusion are everywhere, and the threat is always closer than you might think. We don't want to give away the full story just yet, but you can be sure that it will be interesting and feature a variety of different characters.

boyspritetall_by_masterganelon-d98ge4g.gif
trainerboy2_by_masterganelon-d98hxn8.png
charpamap_by_masterganelon-d98etgw.png
trainergirl2_by_masterganelon-d98hxn2.png
girlspritetall_by_masterganelon-d98ge46.gif

~ The Team ~

Reshilegend - Mapping, Tile Inserting, Spriting, Fakemon
Ganelon - Dialogue, Story, Region Design, Thread Design
ParadymeShift/Swagnificent - Scripter
Phazonruler - Music
Seraph - Music

If you have any skills you think we could benefit from, we'd love to hear from you! Send a PM to Reshilegend.
[S-HIGHLIGHT]We're especially in need of scripters in order to keep progress going![/S-HIGHLIGHT]

~ Links ~

FAQ - Any questions? Look here first! - DeviantArt
More in our gallery - Spoilers ahead (Maps, sprites, Fakemon, etc) - DeviantArt
Interactive Charpa Region map (outdated, open in browser) - Download
Tile/Music Credits - DeviantArt

~ Screenshots ~

Spoiler:

~ Music ~

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Ooh, I like the heroine's OW sprite!
And you've done a nice job mashing together all those tiles.

I think if you ever wanna get anywhere, though, you should definitely spend the small amount of time it takes to learn scripting. It's not that hard, and people will rarely just come and do the scripting for you.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Ooh, I like the heroine's OW sprite!
And you've done a nice job mashing together all those tiles.

I think if you ever wanna get anywhere, though, you should definitely spend the small amount of time it takes to learn scripting. It's not that hard, and people will rarely just come and do the scripting for you.

Thanks!
I know that this would be the logical step to make, but I'm not sure if I can manage almost everything at once. Sorry if this sounds like a lame excuse, but I don't think I have the time for learning it properly and I would rather have someone that knows what they're doing instead. Oh and I definitely tried it before, it's just that I didn't like doing it at all and I'd rather keep doing something I can do well. ~_~
I can definitely understand what you mean though.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
I see this hack is still good looking. Keep it up, man!

also you might want to forget about me sending the pm about being able to make OWs (when i was Dxys). At the moment I don't have any contact with a computer whatsoever.

Years
  • Seen Mar 15, 2015
This is looking really good! The tiles are perfect and i like the idea of Fakemons but
i need more information.
1.How much mapping is completed?
2.Can we see the World Map?
3.How Many gym leaders will there be? (hoping for a lot)
Good luck with the project.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
also you might want to forget about me sending the pm about being able to make OWs (when i was Dxys). At the moment I don't have any contact with a computer whatsoever.

It's ok :p

Definitely looks great. Can't wait to see where it goes!

:)

This project looks good, fine graphics. About the Fakemon, I usually hate them but it's okay to me if they're limited and as you stated 'optional'.

{:3}

This is looking really good! The tiles are perfect and i like the idea of Fakemons but
i need more information.
1.How much mapping is completed?
2.Can we see the World Map?
3.How Many gym leaders will there be? (hoping for a lot)
Good luck with the project.

1. Can't really give a percentage, but there are 4 big towns/cities and 6 routes done, as well as one forest (which I'm gonna re-do actually, cause I don't like it). Other than that, a few test maps here and there. Might not sound like much but you have to consider the amount of detail I try to give maps in general.
Hopefully I have more time to do some more mapping soon.
2. No ingame WM yet sorry
3. Well at least 8 but I haven't decided yet. But I wanna make rematches possible, if that ends up working out. So, there will be a lot to do.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
Dude this is looking super good. I love the graphics. Have you changed the battle graphics or menu?
Keep up the good work! And dem animations. Maybe you could do all of mine for me XD.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Dude this is looking super good. I love the graphics. Have you changed the battle graphics or menu?
Keep up the good work! And dem animations. Maybe you could do all of mine for me XD.

Thanks man! Haven't done that yet, but recently I've been working on a forest. If I can fix some issues I have with AM right now that should be done soon, haha. Well if I had more time I'd help but I'm busy right now :p

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Well im quite picky but this is good.
I really love custom sprites (not the copy one and add new color hair or something stupid like that) like building your own sprites fakemon and storyline so this game is perfect. So far everything looks good all the fakemon look great the protagonist looks great and the maps look really great haha. Keep up the good work on this I'll be watching it :)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Sep 29, 2021
Update

Hey everyone, I'm bringing you a mini update today. I tried to improve a few things in this thread here, like adding comments to screenshots and overall changing some stuff.

Also, I'm thinking about setting up a Skype group chat for people who are interested in joining the team, want to suggest ideas or just want to chat about the hack in general and ask me questions. I think this is useful seeing as the team room got removed. Simply PM me :)
Now here's the actual stuff I've been working on:

First, I added some more light effects to the forest grass, not sure if it's too much lol:
Spoiler:

The map is in the process of being completely revamped and re-mapped as I didn't really like the old version of it.
And here's another Fakemon that I haven't shown yet, a Yin/Yang fish duo (as one Pokemon). Thinking about making this a Water/Psychic type :P

FishDuo_zps1fe588a9.png

That's all for now, hope you're enjoying your holidays!

CosmicBlazer

Batman
Years
Update

Hey everyone, I'm bringing you a mini update today. I tried to improve a few things in this thread here, like adding comments to screenshots and overall changing some stuff.

Also, I'm thinking about setting up a Skype group chat for people who are interested in joining the team, want to suggest ideas or just want to chat about the hack in general and ask me questions. I think this is useful seeing as the team room got removed. Simply PM me :)
Now here's the actual stuff I've been working on:

First, I added some more light effects to the forest grass, not sure if it's too much lol:
Spoiler:

The map is in the process of being completely revamped and re-mapped as I didn't really like the old version of it.
And here's another Fakemon that I haven't shown yet, a Yin/Yang fish duo (as one Pokemon). Thinking about making this a Water/Psychic type :P

FishDuo_zps1fe588a9.png

That's all for now, hope you're enjoying your holidays!

How about Psychic/Dark? But it looks like a fish so I see why you want it to be water. Just that Yin and Yang are opposite of each other so just an idea i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back