• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames [Upd. Sept. 30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Thanks to everyone who voted for this hack, it means a lot to me. :] Also, good job Maize and Sacred Paradox, both hacks look promising.
    While it might be a bit of an unfitting moment to win this, since I'm incredibly busy (and sick) right now and unable to post many updates, I still want to say that more stuff will be posted in the future. Scripts included.
    I also want to address some negative comments that I've seen, mainly something like "people only look at graphics/an 8-year-old can do this". While it doesn't take much knowledge to replace certain things in the beginning, "mastering" tiles certainly does, believe it or not. Haven't gotten there yet, but it's a goal of mine! Getting the most out of a tileset, choosing certain colors so that everything fits together is harder than it sounds. I wouldn't even call myself a hacker, rather, let's say, a pixel artist. I just prefer focussing on that.
    We're starting with graphics and the story, and the rest will come afterwards/be prepared simultaniously. Hope that's understandable!
    Now, of course I did some minor things since the last update here and there, including the following:

1. Finished a city map! I've shown this location before, but now here's the full map. This one took ages, literally all blocks for tileset 2 used haha. Spoilers ahead

Spoiler:

2. The male protagonist's trainer sprite:

malehero_by_pokemonswhf-d8k0a6b.png

3. The water legendary! I'm planning on making this the main pokemon alongside with a fire one that hasn't been designed yet.

waterlegend1_by_pokemonswhf-d8k09t7.png

Sprites are work in progress. That's all for now. :)

Edit: fixed image link, not blurry anymore

Last edited:

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • Thanks to everyone who voted for this hack, it means a lot to me. :] Also, good job Maize and Sacred Paradox, both hacks look promising.
    While it might be a bit of an unfitting moment to win this, since I'm incredibly busy (and sick) right now and unable to post many updates, I still want to say that more stuff will be posted in the future. Scripts included.
    I also want to address some negative comments that I've seen, mainly something like "people only look at graphics/an 8-year-old can do this". While it doesn't take much knowledge to replace certain things in the beginning, "mastering" tiles certainly does, believe it or not. Haven't gotten there yet, but it's a goal of mine! Getting the most out of a tileset, choosing certain colors so that everything fits together is harder than it sounds. I wouldn't even call myself a hacker, rather, let's say, a pixel artist. I just prefer focussing on that.
    We're starting with graphics and the story, and the rest will come afterwards/be prepared simultaniously. Hope that's understandable!
    Now, of course I did some minor things since the last update here and there, including the following:

1. Finished a city map! I've shown this location before, but now here's the full map. This one took ages, literally all blocks for tileset 2 used haha. Spoilers ahead

Spoiler:

2. The male protagonist's trainer sprite:

malehero_by_pokemonswhf-d8k0a6b.png

3. The water legendary! I'm planning on making this the main pokemon alongside with a fire one that hasn't been designed yet.

waterlegend1_by_pokemonswhf-d8k09t7.png

Sprites are work in progress. That's all for now. :)

It's all looking good! I hope that this goes well and that the negativity will be kept at bay (though highly unlikely).

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I don't know anything about hacking but to me your tiles seem perfect and your game seems amazing. Looking forward to play it!

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Oh wow this looks amazing, how did I not stumble upon this sooner? Looking forward to more progress!

Years
  • The ninth fakemon or your avatar seems to be based on the Axolotl or Mexican Salamander. I suggest mashing up two words to make up a name for it. Something like Axolotl + aqua/nero. Axolero is my bet though

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Thanks for every comment!

The ninth fakemon or your avatar seems to be based on the Axolotl or Mexican Salamander. I suggest mashing up two words to make up a name for it. Something like Axolotl + aqua/nero. Axolero is my bet though

Ah, I forgot to add the tentative name list. It's now below the sprites. As you can see I've already named this Fakemon Plethanos, I appreciate the idea though.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    This hack is looking pretty promising!! I love the Fakemons so far. I can't wait to see where this goes!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Edit: Well, PC decided to mess with everyone's post on April Fools for obvious reasons, so my joke kind of failed. But hey, here's a tiny amount of what I've been doing.

cave1_by_pokemonswhf-d8nzjln.png

Work in progress. Hoping to put out another update soon.

Last edited:

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Edit: Well, PC decided to mess with everyone's post on April Fools for obvious reasons, so my joke kind of failed. But hey, here's a tiny amount of what I've been doing.

That's really nice, keep it up man. But how about you show us some of the sprites in-game? All the screenshots seem to just show off the amazing mapping, some script or fakemon screenshots would be nice.

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
    Years
  • Edit: Well, PC decided to mess with everyone's post on April Fools for obvious reasons, so my joke kind of failed. But hey, here's a tiny amount of what I've been doing.

Looking pretty hot so far. I bet the final product'll be even better!

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2015
    Hey dude, Im a music producer who makes edm, but i've had experience in making game music design and I am happy to help with the music if you want to have some custom chiptune Pokemon music in this game, looks brilliant so far! Pm me on here or on skype at celestialedm if you want to discuss more

Thanks again - Blade <My Trainer Name :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    That's really nice, keep it up man. But how about you show us some of the sprites in-game? All the screenshots seem to just show off the amazing mapping, some script or fakemon screenshots would be nice.

I feel like some sprites definitely need work/a revamp, as they're outdated. I'm planning to insert a large amount of them at once, so that I don't insert them over and over again every time I update them.
    Also, I don't have custom battle backgrounds yet, so it wouldn't really look all that different from what you can already see in the thread. Scripts are being worked on, but currently everyone seems to be busy or have issues with scripts. I'm afraid you'll have to be patient, as much as I hate having to say that. Sorry .-.

Looking pretty hot so far. I bet the final product'll be even better!

See my update on the cave below! :]

Hey dude, Im a music producer who makes edm, but i've had experience in making game music design and I am happy to help with the music if you want to have some custom chiptune Pokemon music in this game, looks brilliant so far! Pm me on here or on skype at celestialedm if you want to discuss more

Thanks again - Blade <My Trainer Name :)

PMd.

gotta say this looks beautiful.

keep it up, man.

Thanks!

Small cave update

Here's how the cave area has changed. Nothing too big, but progress is being made:

definitely_a_joke_by_pokemonswhf-d8nzjln.png

Old -> new. Colors and shading are improved.

cave1_zpsqdpwbvtw.gif

Animations. Bigger version below:

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    Hey! Everyone has pretty much said what I'm about to, but I figured it never hurts to have someone tell you how awesome things are looking!

I love the images you're posting of the game. The water movement from the cave image is beautiful! Then there's that dropping water! Oh my goodness, seriously, that water dropping from the ceiling is amazing--just like the swirling sand on the beach image! You've got me fully allured by the looks :D. Now this is a hack of a rom? I played around with rom hacking a few months back, and I could never ever find a way to make something look this beautiful. Ya'll are doing fantastic. I've switched over to RPG M XP and the only thing I've successfully have done that I'm proud of is the creation of the Girl Sprite, her 'intro' pic, and battle picture. Lol. But knowing you guys can do this amazing stuff makes me have hope that I can pull off something basic! Ha.

I'm looking forward to a demo one day :D.

~Nirah

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back