• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Waters/Hazing Flames [Upd. Sept. 30]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    Well, it seems like I'm at that point again.
    For those who want to know why there's nothing new, here you go. As stupid as this whole post is.
    If you don't want to read it, feel free to ignore - huge wall of text inside. It would mean a lot to me though.

Spoiler:

Years
  • I understand the sentiment of wanting people who will actually be able to assist you properly and work with you at a reasonable management of time and urgency. I truly do. With that in mind, you aren't taking this way out of hand or being too serious about it. Which you seemed to express a legit concern for in the message in the spoiler. You DO what YOU have to DO to make this game become a reality, if people are holding you back, let them go. Plain and simple.

Tl;dr You do you, and make this game happen and if people are holding you back, let them go.

I hope you make this game become a reality in the future, because I saw the images a few minutes ago and I have to say this game looks really well done. I wish you luck.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
    Years
  • I do hope that you find a team that will complete this project. There are quite a few people still waiting for this (me being one of them, not trying to be rude or pushy, although it does look like it). I wish I could help, but I don't know much about coding and I don't want to touch the subject again (too many lines, too many commands =_=). My thoughts and well wishes will go to this project in hopes of you (well, both of us) getting this monkey off of your (our) back(s).

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    I've never had an actual "team" and from what I've been seeing teams rarely work in ROM hacks. ROM hacking is a hobby and it's hard for people to be there to help with things during the whole time it's developed, if you're lucky enough to find any that are willing to help. I've had a few partners that I would talk about my ideas with and ask for their opinions, and they would also help with hacking things too, but people eventually lose interest or leave. Maybe it's just me working slowly, but it is a hobby after all.

If you have people willing to help or join your team, my advice would be not to expect them to give you feedback on the other work you do as well. They will if they want to, but in my opinion, doing what you ask them to for the hack, be it music, graphics or anything else, is enough.

I believe you can still work on your own and get the things you can't do yourself done by other people (whether they're in the team or not) who offer to help. And if you need feedback on your work and ideas, remember that your hack has a lot of fans that would love to help with that by posting in this thread.

Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back