• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Unnamed FireRed 721 Project

Which TM set do you want in the patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
Years
Hey everyone, I'm Slowpoke and welcome to the Unnamed FireRed 721 Project! (shortened FRED; FireRed Expanded Dex) Complicated names aside, this project aims to add all currently known Pokémon into a copy of Pokémon FireRed. Interested? Then read on!

Please note: this is not a hack, but a base for hackers to create hacks with!

Introduction
I know there are plenty of projects that aim to do the same, but for one reason or another none of them fits my circumstances. Some of them are discontinued, others may not be used for a full hack yet (which I totally understand) and some also require you to expand your ROM to 32mb. That's why I decided to make my own!

Features
  • All 721 Pokémon in FireRed!
  • Generation IV-V Abilities (MrDollSteak)
  • Generation IV-V-VI Moves (MrDollSteak)
  • Physical/Special Split (MrDollSteak)
  • Decapitalized. (MrDollSteak)
  • Fairy type. (MrDollSteak)
  • Chaos Rush' Sprites (The DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource)
  • Gen IV Evolutionary Stones
  • Mega Pokémon + Mega Evolution! (Touched)

Screenies
Spoiler:

Live Changelog
Spoiler:

Downloads
Beta 0.4.0 Corrupted...

We release a beta for every generation we finish!

Help me out
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:

Special thanks
Special thanks to DizzyEgg for helping me out big time with hex edits, planning, the Burmy forms etc.

Last edited:

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Would definitely play a FR hack with 721 Pokémon. Probably over and over again. Pokémon already has a replay potential through the psyducking roof. A 721 Gen 3 hack would be incredible. I do have a few questions though...
  • Do you have a story concept yet? Or is it sort of a FR Omega deal where everything's the same but the trainers' teams have been given special attention?
  • What about Fairy type? The addition of it would make this so much better
  • Do you plan on making all 721 obtainable? How?

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Well, this is your hack but just as like said few times - shoving all pokemon into small region like Kanto is a terrible idea. And remember - Mrdollsteak's rombase is pretty buggy so you should use it with attention.

Skaraborne

Years
Thanks for the early comments, but I think you guys don't understand what I try to do.

Drewko said:
Well, this is your hack but just as like said few times - shoving all pokemon into small region like Kanto is a terrible idea. And remember - Mrdollsteak's rombase is pretty buggy so you should use it with attention.
This is not a hack itself (technically it is, but logic aside) but a base for hackers to create hacks with. As such, all trainer teams would remain the same, and so do all wild Pokémon.
ItWasABadDream said:
Would definitely play a FR hack with 721 Pokémon. Probably over and over again. Pokémon already has a replay potential through the psyducking roof. A 721 Gen 3 hack would be incredible. I do have a few questions though...
I'm happy that you're all fired up, but as I mentioned above, this is a base for hacks like that. Then on to your questions (sorry, this may spam your notifications box...)
ItWasABadDream said:
What about Fairy type? The addition of it would make this so much better
Since Fairy type is included in the latest versions of MrDollsteak's patch, that's all inserted already! I'll add in the OP soon.

I hope you understand now. And for ItWasABadDream, don't stop dreaming, this is totally meant for hacks like that!
So anyways, I'll try to make the first post more clear. Thanks for your opinion on it!

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
This is not a hack itself (technically it is, but logic aside) but a base for hackers to create hacks with. As such, all trainer teams would remain the same, and so do all wild Pokémon.

I'm happy that you're all fired up, but as I mentioned above, this is a base for hacks like that. Then on to your questions (sorry, this may spam your notifications box...)

Since Fairy type is included in the latest versions of MrDollsteak's patch, that's all inserted already! I'll add in the OP soon.

I hope you understand now. And for ItWasABadDream, don't stop dreaming, this is totally meant for hacks like that!

Well it would definitely take a lot of time and effort, but I could see myself using this as a base to create Omega-like rom hacks. Of course, 721 Pokémon is a buttload, so it'd probably be easier if each generation's Pokémon were used for a different version. I'm not sure if I'd ever release it. All my rom hacking exploits have been for personal use, but if & when you do end up releasing this as a base, I'll probably spend a lot of time tinkering with it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. You seem to have made good progress so far if you're up to PokéDex #419. Keep up the good work.

Skaraborne

Years
ItWasABadDream said:
Well it would definitely take a lot of time and effort, but I could see myself using this as a base to create Omega-like rom hacks. Of course, 721 Pokémon is a buttload, so it'd probably be easier if each generation's Pokémon were used for a different version. I'm not sure if I'd ever release it. All my rom hacking exploits have been for personal use, but if & when you do end up releasing this as a base, I'll probably spend a lot of time tinkering with it. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. You seem to have made good progress so far if you're up to PokéDex #419. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! And you've got all time in the world, nobody expects a release of something you don't tell them about in the first place ;)

Glad to see you may be using this though, it would be nice if I could really help people by making this.

Zef

zef
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
is this a resource? i dunno whypeople are jumping to conclusions

BlackStorm20x

Content Creator
Years

Did you read the first post? It says that it's not a hack, but a resource, and he said a few posts up that it's a resource/base. So since it's a resource, it's in the wrong section.

Skaraborne

Years
Britani Knight said:
Once this project is completely complete I will so work on a personal project using this.

Glad to hear! I hope this project will be finished soon.

Zef said:

Yep, this is a resource. I know I posted it in the wrong section, but it is a side project after all...

pokelover1991

champion
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2015
i can help getting touches code in ur project i got it working but the only problem is u hav to do this first then all things as the code can only run and ony woks with touches test.gba which is a whle new thing i tried coping the code but it wont work.

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years
i can help getting touches code in ur project i got it working but the only problem is u hav to do this first then all things as the code can only run and ony woks with touches test.gba which is a whle new thing i tried coping the code but it wont work.

test.gba is just your ROM named test. Nothing special to it, all you have to do is makes sure where it inserts is empty space in your ROM.

And as the First post states its completed to Bidoof.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
Help me out
Of course, I cannot manage this project alone. That's why I ask you guys to help! Any help is welcome of course, but specifically we need
  • Someone that knows how to fix palettes of icon sprites.

You know, I've always wondered how a Gen 3 hack using the overworld sprites from Gen 4 in place of the icon sprites of Gen 3 would look...

So, instead of opening the menu and seeing these:
sTSt9mI.gif
8gyR8qV.gif
WpdZTrD.gif
yvt1IjF.gif

You'd open the menu and see these instead:
5wc0Fx1.gif
4qeF3yA.gif
1KD9RSI.gif
EVdNCD2.gif

I think it's possible... I mean, both of the examples are 32x32 and consist of 2 frames, which is what's required to be an icon sprite. Thoughts?

Skaraborne

Years
You know, I've always wondered how a Gen 3 hack using the overworld sprites from Gen 4 in place of the icon sprites of Gen 3 would look...

So, instead of opening the menu and seeing these:
sTSt9mI.gif
8gyR8qV.gif
WpdZTrD.gif
yvt1IjF.gif

You'd open the menu and see these instead:
5wc0Fx1.gif
4qeF3yA.gif
1KD9RSI.gif
EVdNCD2.gif

I think it's possible... I mean, both of the examples are 32x32 and consist of 2 frames, which is what's required to be an icon sprite. Thoughts?

I think that's actually a pretty good idea!

However, this project sticks to the original sprites, stats and movesets everything, so you have to insert it yourself when it's completed. I like the idea though!

pokelover1991 said:
would u mind telling how much is this completed
You can find the current progress under 'Live Changelog' in the OP.

pokelover1991 said:
For as far as I know, you can insert the code whenever you want as long as you got free space. So for now I'm sorry, I wouldn't be making use of your skills.

ItWasABadDream

Genwunner / born 1989
Years
I think that's actually a pretty good idea!

However, this project sticks to the original sprites, stats and movesets everything, so you have to insert it yourself when it's completed. I like the idea though!

What exactly do you need help with regarding icon sprite palettes? I've played some other Gen 3 hacks that have included Electivire, Magmortar, Magnezone, etc. and their sprites were fine, but their icon sprite palettes were messed up. The icon sprites themselves were accurate but the palettes messed up. Is that what you mean? You need the coloring fixed? Because that's not too hard, it's just very boring :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back