• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Unnamed FireRed 721 Project

Which TM set do you want in the patch?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
  • Why the corrupted Beta?

I just patched in a Clean ROM and the first bug is that every Pokemon doesn't have their movesets.
    The starters doesn't have attacks thus doing "Struggle" everytime.
    I battled a Rattata and it only does "Struggle" too.
    If only Slowpoke13 could tell us if there's something wrong with this to fix it.. it would be really nice..

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • Uhmm... Deja-vu feelings :(

I won't make the whole scene again because it's kind of unneccesary (messed up my English spelling there) and it would only make the situation worse.

Basically, I want to let you guys know that I'm still searching for some time to work on projects like this, but I recently couldn't find nearly enough to work on it. However, that should hopefully come to a change now. The exam period is over and everything and I will try to work on this resource again. This week I will not be available yet, but next week I probably will.

Anyway, I don't want to hype this project again like I kind of did in the beginning, 'cause many people showed interest (and that's very much appreciated, thanks) but I don't want to let you all down, you know.

Soon I'll update this post (or post again) to give some more information, but you can already ask your tons of questions if you like ;)

However, as Dizzy said, it looks like there are some problems with the project overall that may not be able to be fixed, but I'll look into that when I've made my full come-back to ROM Hacking (hopefully in the near future)

So, once again, I'm terribly sorry, but I will once again try to work on this project.

See you!
    Slowpoke

EDIT: So I just opened the patch in G3HS... And strangely enough, everything looked perfectly normal! For some reason I can just open the rom without even getting an error message and everything seemed fine. No sprites were glitched, all Pokémon were there, movesets were still there as well, Pokédex entries were right... I don't know what this means, tbh. I have not yet tested the rom with map editors and an emulator, though. So, I would like you guys to also grab yourself another patch from the download link and try opening your patched rom in G3HS as well. Just let me know what results you got!

EDIT2: I played the rom with VBA to see if it would even load... Well yes it did! For some reason it looks like everything is working fine until now! I quickly started playing, maps loaded like normal, I didn't try to evolve a Pokémon though. I'm going to try to insert a script referring to one of the new 'mon and see if I can actually get it in-game.

EDIT3: Got myself a perfectly fine Staravia. Did the patch fix itself or something?! As I stated before in this post, please try this all out for yourself because I would like to see the results other people get when doing this.

EDIT4: Grabbed myself a Bulbasaur: it only knew Tackle but I figured out I just for some reason messed that up in G3HS, (now fixed though) but I'm seriously mindblown. The patch is working for me! So as stated multiple times already, please try it all out for yourself again and we can compare the results. Thanks for taking the time!

Last edited:

Skaraborne

The sharpest 'mon in the thread
    Years
  • So because my latest post got a little bit crowded with edits right there, I decided to make a new one. (sorry mods, if you really think it should go into the other post as well then feel free to do so)

Anyway, I just had a pretty decent idea as for the map editor to use this with. As DizzyEgg already confirmed, the patch does not (and probably will not) work with AdvanceMap due to some complicated ASM things which I'm not going to get deeper in to because it only confuses everyone. So I though of MEH (Map Editor of Happiness) by ShinyQuagsire. This is open-source, so we can edit the amount of supported Pokémon and everything. So what do you guys think?

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
    Years
  • So because my latest post got a little bit crowded with edits right there, I decided to make a new one. (sorry mods, if you really think it should go into the other post as well then feel free to do so)

Anyway, I just had a pretty decent idea as for the map editor to use this with. As DizzyEgg already confirmed, the patch does not (and probably will not) work with AdvanceMap due to some complicated ASM things which I'm not going to get deeper in to because it only confuses everyone. So I though of MEH (Map Editor of Happiness) by ShinyQuagsire. This is open-source, so we can edit the amount of supported Pokémon and everything. So what do you guys think?
    Sounds good to me. Only drawback is some people (like myself) can't open jar files.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Can you post a download link of your work soon? I get this is difficult, but with the last rom corrupted, your supporters would like to have your latest work to make up for it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    How exactly is the patch corrupted? Been playing it and just passed the 1st gym and nothing is broken so far that I can tell.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2019
    Well, i'm glad this thread isn't quite dead yet.
    I can't wait for this to be completed, you bet i'd be using it.
    I may not be able to help, but i give you my support!
    I'll test the download, even IF it might be corrupted.

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2022
    is this here still alive or dead? becourse there is anyway a corrupted beta

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2020
    While reviving old threads in Sideshow Showcase is allowed, the download isn't working, so I'm going to close this thread. If anyone has a link to a working beta let me know and I'll add it in the first post!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back