• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo-EX's TCard Program Official Thread

What do you think of the Program? Did it work for you? (select one from each letter)

• Total voters

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Mewtwo-EX's TCard Program

Do you want to have your card added to the TCard Program? See the bottom of the post!

Important! Please Post if you download the Program!
Think of it as a form of payment.

Version 2006-12-01 - [ Link ] to RapidShare Complete Version + Music (19.6 MB). Post if you download from here. If expired, use this secondary [ Link ]

Version 2006-11-09 [ Link ] to RapidShare Complete Version + Music (19.5 MB). Try this if the above doesn't work.
Version 2006-10-31 [ Link ] to RapidShare Complete Version + Music (18.7 MB). Try this if the above doesn't work.

I estimate over 325 downloads to date!

Note: Use the links above to download the complete version. This includes music samples and no need for external sprites! POST IF YOU DOWNLOAD!

New in this Version: The program saves the state of many different options that you used to have to select each time. The best feature in this version is that it allows you to choose the default folder in which to save cards. No more searching for directories every time you save!

There are 4 new passkeys in this version. Although the old ones still work, these new keys only need to be entered once. After that, every time you run the program, the watermarks will not appear. If you already know the current passkeys, follow the "Converting Passkeys" instructions. Anyone obtaining passkeys for the first time will receive the new ones!

Help me keep the thread alive! If you download the program, please reply telling me if it worked, what you liked, didn't like or needs improvement. This also allows me to post again letting you know of new updates.

-------------

How to Use:
The intention of this program is to allow users to create high quality cards in very little time, without the need for expensive / complex image editing programs. Everything (except opening the design menu) can be controlled with the mouse. In general, everything that looks clickable, is clickable in one way or another.

This program requires a 3 button mouse. Most mice today have two buttons, plus a scroll wheel. This scroll wheel can be pushed down to act as a third button. If you are on a laptop, clicking both buttons together can act as a center click. See the mouse settings in Window's Control Panel.

Left Clicking on things usually allows you to edit what they show. You Left Click if you want to choose the sprite/trainer to display, enter user information, etc.

Right Clicking allows you to change what sprite set things use. You Right Click if you want to change the game that the sprites are taken from. It is also used for a few misc options (see controls).

Center Clicking allows you to change background colors. Many people seem to miss this fact, yet it adds a lot of life and individuality to the cards.

Pressing the Up Arrow opens the card selection menu. Once it is open, you can use the mouse to select templates. Press Enter or click on the card you want to go to it. Press the Up Arrow again to close the menu without selecting anything.

All of this is outlined in the Readme. Press F1 when the program is running to read it.

-------------

About the Program
This is a program I developed to speed up the creation process for TCard artists. It involves quite a bit of overhead time, but once a template is programmed in, the throughput is increased dramatically.

Please download and use the TCard program. Examples of what it can do are shown below. All the cards that I've made since 2006/02/11 have been created using the program. See my request thread for even more examples.

Make sure to read the help file, by pressing F1 anywhere in the program. If you have questions after reading it, feel free to PM.

Soon to be added to the program:
- Shiny pinup sprites
- Diamond / Pearl versions of pinup sprites
- Carry screen size and other options over between runs
- Open requests for templates (Some limitations may apply. This would allow artists to contact me with their design, and I would add it to the program.)

PM / Reply telling me that you want this completed.

Currently in the program:

- Templates 3, 4, 4.5, 5 (passkey protected)
- Free to use Public Templates 1 and 2

- Multiple colors for each template
- 1-493 Regular Pokemon Sprites from Green, RBY, GS, RSE, FL, DP
- 1-493 Mini Pokemon Sprites (National numbered)
- 1-386 Shiny Pokemon Sprites from RSE, FL
- 1-386 Regular Pinup Sprites from Emerald
- 1-201 Regular Pinup Sprites from Pinball Ruby & Sapphire
- All (I think) of the Pokeball Sprites
- A few custom Pokemon, Shadow Lugia
- Trainer sprites from R/S/E, F/L
- Ability to add custom Pokemon, Avatars / Trainers and Mini Pokemon
- Ability to save both an image and a program data version of cards

Program Requirements: (Estimated)
- Windows 98SE or better
- 500 MHz processor
- 128 MB RAM, 256 Suggested under WinXP
- 16 MB 3D Graphics Card
- 640x480 Screen Resolution
- DirectX 8.0 compatible Sound Card
- DirectX 8.0 or higher Installed (get it from here: [ Link ])
- 10 MB Free hard disk space, 100 MB Suggested for Windows Swap file

Credits:

Please see the in-program Readme (F1) for program credits.

Change Log:

2006-10-31 Fixed sprite errors between Male and Female Shinou sprites. Used Registry Keys to save the screen state between runs. If in windowed mode, the size of the screen is also saved. Thanks to OmastarMaster for suggesting this!
2006-11-07 Enabled Shiny Emerald sprites, which were not programmed for some reason.
2006-11-09 Found out why Shiny Emerald sprites weren't programmed by trying to use them. Added Shiny Emerald sprites. Used registry keys to save passkeys, music and external file settings. Also added a default folder feature.
2006-11-10 Fixed a programming error. Thanks OmastarMaster!
2006-11-11 Added a new loading screen.
2006-12-01 Made the selected save directory remain even after loading a save that used a different default directory.
-------------

Converting passkeys
Note, that the passkeys could change at any time. It will not be often, and I will make a note in the thread telling you of this. When the passkeys change, you can continue using your old version, or request new passkeys. PM me (subject "New Passkeys") with as many old passkeys as you know.

Obtaining Passkeys

As stated at the beginning of the readme, you can only make cards for other people if you obtain a passkey for the design. Once you do, you can make cards for people on other communities (as well as yourself :) ). Simply follow one or more of the methods below.

Method 1
1 - Download the program.
2 - Test the program and see how it works.
3 - Create a post here telling me something you liked or didn't like about the program.
(60)
4 - In your post, embed or attach a sample that you have made. It can be one that says "Unofficial". (40)
5 - When 1-4 have been completed, you should have 100 points.

Method 2
1 - Download the program
2 - Run the program. If a message appears, press OK and skip to step 4.
3 - Press F1 when the Welcome screen appears.
4 - Read the help file and look for small blocks of text.
5 - Follow the text's instruction.
6 - Once you complete the instructions, you should get 100 points.

Method 3
1a- Take part in surveys (varies)
1b- Inform me of errors in programming (100 for large or 100/3 for small)
1c- Inform me of sprite transparency errors (20 each)
1d- Inform me of missing/wrong order sprites (50 for missing, 20 for each wrong order pair or 10 for each pokemon in the wrong order)
1e- Inform me of wrong orders in the Excel sheet (10 for each wrong order pair or 5 for each pokemon in the wrong order)

2 - To inform me of any error, PM me through the community, or post in the Program's thread. Be sure to state what the problem is, the sprite number and set (if applicable), etc. I will check on the errors. If they are found to be true, you will get credit towards a passkey.

When you have acquired 100 points, send me a PM with the subject. "PasskeyX" where X is the design you want. I will reply with a disclaimer, and the passkey!
---------------

Examples:
All of these have been created using the program!
mewtwoex2nt.jpg
mewtwoex22cd.jpg

Passkey Designs

tcp7zr.png
tcp2nu0.png

Public Designs
(Background by Bebi-Vegeta)

Extra
- Optional: ctrainer, custom and minic can and should be edited by you!
- Some sprites may have transparency problems (they may have colors missing). If you find one of these sprites, please tell me what the number and sprite name is. If you find three of these, you get a passkey of your choice! PM me to claim it.
- Easily make Pinup sprites for use in TCard Public with this official M2EX Utility :P: [ Attached below. Be sure to read the Readme carefully to avoid overwriting images! Download "sprite.gif" for Diamond/Pearl sprites to use in the program. Reply to the thread to request any other set; I have them all. ]

Templates
Do you want to have your card added to the TCard Program? If you run a card shop, this could make your life much easier! Simply PM me with an example of your design, and we will see what can be arranged. Your templates will be secure! I will not use them, and only you will get the passkey.

Addition Jobs: (1 spot open)
RequestName - Salamence#1Fan
Description - Add 4 similar designs.
JobAction - Complete
Est.Date - 2007/01/18

Important! Please Post if you download the Program!
Think of it as a form of payment.

Last edited:

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
Years
Okay, I just downloaded the program, and I had a little go.
I came up with a little result. Not the best you've ever seen, but I'm sure if I actually had spent a bit more time on it, it would look a lot better.

The program is really easy to use. Nice simple layout with simple intructions on what to do. Just, as you know I had a bit of a problem finding the save button, but that was because I hadn't read the intructions. So, overall a good program. I'll have another go at making some more later...

My Result

card17un.png

Last edited:

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Point Tracker

I've changed the point system around, so all points have been cleared. They are much easier to get however, so everyone should be able to get 2 passkeys with no trouble!

Points------------- Description

+000
------ Demonta
+500 ------------- Huge feedback
-500 ------------- Cashed in for Master Passkey

+050 ------- DragonMaster131
+050 ------------- Found sprite issue on Shinou Female

+033 ------- OmastarMaster
+033 ------------- Found numbering issue for pinup sprites

Spoiler denotes people with Zero points
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
Mewtwo-EX i tried both. it keeps saying "A required .DLL file, DDRAW.DLL, was not found" whats that supposed to mean?

anyways can i use the TC on another Forum like serebii.net?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Ah...that means your graphics card is either not installed properly, or not compatible with the program. Can you tell me your computer make and model? Since the program was made in Game Maker 6.1, you need a 3D card with 16 MB of RAM, and DirectX 8.0. You could try updating your drivers.

About the TCard, you may use the one I made for you on any forum or site you like, just make sure to give credit.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
i got it, but its confusing

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Confusing? What??? heh...yes, it is slightly confusing, but so is any program when you open it for the first time. Just skim the help file and it will probably begin to make sense. Mainly you just click on stuff and see what happens (try all three buttons on your mouse). Everything should be described in the help file, but if not, please tell me.

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
That would be your virus protection yelling at you. I assure you there is no virus, maybe you could disable it when you extract the file.

In other news, the program has been updated yet again. Even though the file name is the same, it's a new version. I've also attached the Readme file so you can get an idea of how it works without actually downloading the 5MB file.

Last edited:

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
can you even use a custom trainer?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Yup. Just make sure it's a GIF file, and name it "sprite_ctrainer.gif" (without quotes). Then place this file in the same directory as the TCard Program. When you open the program, Right Click on the large purple T and select Custom. Your trainer should show up.

Jake

Pearly White Dream
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 4, 2012
uh...ok, but can u change the colors? and can u have custom pokemon?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
Program Updated! Download newest version in Post 1 :).

Jake: Changing colors...do you mean of the background? You need to be a bit more explicit of what you are asking. The background colors are changeable. Everything is told in the Readme, but all you do is Center Click anywhere on the card and a dropdown appears with color options. Custom pokemon are done the same way as custom trainers. Please read the readme! I've included the portion of it that you want below.

Powerpoke: You can use the passkey "Mewtwo" to disable the watermarks, but it also disables saving. You can only get the good passwords by showing me what you can do with the program. If you're good enough, I will give you passkeys to make cards for other forums. PM me to discuss this.

Rayquaza95: I don't know what's wrong. Other people seem to be able to use it. Try using it on a computer running Windows XP (school, library, friend's, etc)

-----------

Adding Custom Materials: GIF Files
Currently the program only allows you to add your own sprites, not your own templates. You are able to choose custom sprites for Regular Sized Pokemon, Mini Pokemon and Trainers. Regular Sized Pokemon should be 64x64 pixels, and placed in a GIF file called "sprite_custom.gif". Mini Pokemon should be less than 32x32 pixels and placed in a GIF file called "sprite_minic.gif". Trainers should be 94x94 pixels, and placed in a GIF called "sprite_ctrainer.gif".

The first image in the GIF file is only used on startup, and should not be an image that needs to be used. I suggest a spacer, such as a large C for Custom, but it can be anything you want. Notice how my spacers are a Questionmark bubble. If you only have one image in the GIF, a spacer is not needed.

Transparency is measured using the lower left pixel. Whatever color that is, that's the color that is removed from the image. Make sure this is a color that is not used in the sprite, otherwise holes will appear in your sprite. Each GIF frame has its own transparency pixel.

Adding Custom Materials: Music Files
Custom background music should be named "musicX.mid" or "musicX.mp3". X is a number between 0 and 4. If both are present, MP3 will be played. Up to 5 different custom music selections can be played.

Adding Custom Materials: General Notes
All custom files should be placed in the same directory as the EXE file.

Last edited:
Back