• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo-EX's TCard Program Official Thread

What do you think of the Program? Did it work for you? (select one from each letter)

• Total voters

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
Years
  • Massive Update!
    Added support for Gold, Sliver, Emerald, FireRed and LeafGreen sprites! This is on top of the already included Ruby and Sapphire sprites. I should be able to get Red, Blue and Yellow sprites in soon.

Also added a nice GUI for selecting the card you want to work on. Simply hit the Up arrow anywhere in the program.

Next on the plan, start programming a standard pin-up design. It will be limited, as it will only include sprites from one game (Reply telling me which one it should be: RS, Emerald, FRLG), but should be quite easy to do. This design will NOT BE WATERMARKED! Anyone will be able to use it to publish cards!

EDIT: Due to upload limits, I've had to make the sprites external. From now on, please download both ZIP files, one contains the program and the other contains all the sprites as well as two music files.

Last edited:

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Hmm...I see that the program runs (you were able to make a card). What sort of error do you get? Does it say "Some external files appear to be missing"? If so, then try extracting the ZIP file again. To actually use the different sprites, simply Right Click on the pokemon sprite and choose the game you want to use.

Also, if you'd like me to remove the watermarks, send me a PM with the M2X file and I'll remove it for you. You do realize that you don't have to use Pink? (center click anywhere on the card)

Last edited:

Dragon Leader-Shadow

Dragons are Kewl
    Years
  • mewtwo-EX said:
    Hmm...I see that the program runs (you were able to make a card). What sort of error do you get? Does it say "Some external files appear to be missing"? If so, then try extracting the ZIP file again. To actually use the different sprites, simply Right Click on the pokemon sprite and choose the game you want to use.

Also, if you'd like me to remove the watermarks, send me a PM with the M2X file and I'll remove it for you.
    First what's a M2X file. It says that Some external files appear to be missing. I found out about right clicking to use diffrent sprites but it can't use them,a message pops up saying it can't find those specific sprites

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Er...ok.
    Question 1: What is a M2X File?
    Answer 1: A M2X file stores the trainer card data. It can be created by clicking Save, then Both or Pokemon. With this file I can easily disable watermarks, make changes, etc.

Question 2 (implied): Why can't it open the external sprites?
    Answer 2: To gain an answer, you need to answer some questions:

1, In the folder where you placed the TCard_Maker_Reduced_v_2006_06_30.exe, are there also files called sprite_normal_em.gif, sprite_shiny.gif, etc?
    2, Have you tried all the different sprite sets in the list when you right click? 3, If so, do they all complain about missing files?

If you answered No, Yes, Yes, try downloading and extracting TCard_External_Files_v_2006_06_30.zip to the same folder (I would suggest one on the desktop)
    If you answered Yes, No, No, try to find a sprite set that works. Even if you do, you should probably re-download the External Files.

Hope this helps. If it doesn't work after you try this, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the complete version via YouSendIt.

----------
    In other news...
    I've started programming the Pinup design. This will be included in a future version of TCard_Maker, and will be free to use with no evil disclamer text. Here's what I have done so far:

The pokemon have a semi-transparent background. Therefore, if the bright purple was replaced with a picture, you could see the picture behind the pokemon. Something the ATCM can't do as of yet.

Depending on how much time I can put in tomorrow, there should be a demo or a complete working version in tomorrow's program update. Look forward to it!

Last edited:

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • UPDATE! TCard Public has been completed! This allows you to make standard Pin-up cards with photoshop-like features in an easy-to-use interface. See the readme for full details, but here's what it can do:

- 6 Pokemon with semi-transparent backgrounds (50% transparency)
    - Hide-able trainer sprite (Sprites from Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen included)
    - 8 Hoenn badges (Click to hide/show)
    - Completely choosable card color (Several presets, and the ability to enter a RGB number)
    - Ability to add a background image of any size, and set it's transparency (Can open any BMP, JPG or GIF image file)

zac_efron_fan1: ...you can't see anything??? When you double click the program, does a little image pop up with a green and purple load bar? When it goes away, the program should open up. Check your computer and make sure you have DirectX 8 or higher installed. I think there's a link to the DirectX website in post 1. If that doesn't work, reply again with simptoms.

someone1939

Just Plain Awesome
    Years
  • Niiiice

Nice job! It takes a little getting used to, but once you've got the hang of it, you can make some seriously awesome stuff! Keep up the good work, Mewtwo-EX!!!!

Rikster101

~Wandering Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    Awesome

Is that last t-card "P" supposed to use the national dex instead of the hoen dex numbering system?

Last edited:

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • I couldn't find out how to use shiny sprites? Did you download the External Files and unzip them to the program's location? If so, simply right click on the standard pokemon and a drop down will appear with lots of options.

Also is there somewhere in the program that lists the pokemon/trainer numbers? There should be an Excel sheet in the External Files than shows every pokemon's National, Hoenn and Alphabetical number, as well as an incomplete listing of the trainer numbers.

Overall I say that that was an awesome program. Thank you!

p.s. I've never done an animation type thing(such as the teamdex) , could help me out or link somewhere? I'm working on a tutorial, and if you're interested, I'll put more effort into it. It will be in my TCard FAQ, so you should check it out. Animation requires a program, so also look online for such a GIF editor. The tutorial will guide you through using Game Maker 6.1 and Photoshop/ImageReady. GM6.1 is free to download, use google to find it.

PS: If you're trying to use shiny sprites in the TCard Public, I don't have any at the moment. I'll probably make them into an external file at some point.

Also, don't forget: You can change background colors by clicking the wheel of your mouse. (If you don't have a wheel, clicking both buttons together may work)

Rikster101

~Wandering Trainer~
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2009
    Sorry about that mewtwo-EX i only read the second paragraph,so ill take the passkey3

I realized that ALPHA PKMN was a document(my computer read it as a EXE)

also here is a card I made with Artful GIF Animator

SephirothX

a.k.a. Shadomew
    Years
  • M2EX, you are amazing! =3 If you want constructive criticism, I've got a little. The program is grat, but I think it would be better if people could use a similar color chooser to that of MS Paint, instead of typing in decimal rgb codes @_@. Also, I think it would help a lot is you had an alphabetical list of Pokémon/Trainers and what their numbers are. Other than that (and the watermarks), your TCMaker is PERFECT! Thank you so much!

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2006
    This is awesome !
    I use gamemaker too but never had such an idea before the new template rules
    anyway can those trainer cards be distributed when they are activated via passkey ?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • PowerPokemon: I PMed you something similar, but it was wrong. It should have read:
    Again, do not give this code to anyone and do not use the program as part of a shop without permission. Exception: You are allowed to make cards for people on other communities (just not PokeCommunity). If you do so, you must give credit back to me in the form of a link to the program's thread.
    So, yes, you can distribute them, just not here.

Dark_Lucario
    : I'll think about a color chooser, but it would be somewhat hard. Included in the External Files is an Excel sheet that contains the alphabetical pokemon list with National and Hoenn numbers. Some of the trainers are listed as well. The watermarks can be disabled. Be sure to read about how to get passkeys in Post 1.

Thank you for your excellent comment. You have enough points to get the TCard 3 passkey. Add to that the free-to-use TCard Public, and you have 2 out of the 4 designs unlocked!

Last edited:

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
  • yo Mewtow ex i really lyke ur tainer card and i was wondering how do u make those cards!?

mewtwo-EX

The original EX
    Years
  • Well, first I design the template in Photoshop. Then I populate it (put the pokemon, trainer, etc) using Game Maker. That way I can easily change things. Have you downloaded the program yet? You can get an idea as to how my process works. Also, check out my request thread and TCard FAQ, both linked in my sig.

Back