Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks
Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 20th, 2007, 08:50 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Code:
#org 0xPokéCommunity 
= NOTICE: \v\h01! The first release is out! Download it either at the end of this post or the first post of the third page!
Pokemon Orchid

.:Title:.
Pokemon Orchid

.:Hack of:.

Firered

.:Storyline:.
You are a young Trainer starting your journey in a peninsula called Tide Town. You get your first Pokemon and are off on your quest. Along the way, you find you face many rivals and challenges, the infamous Team Rocket being one of them. Can you stop this threat and become a full-fledged Pokemon Master? How many lives will you affect along the way? And what is this green forest Pokemon that's being pursued? Play and find out!

.:Features:.
New Region
New Storyline
Johto Starters
New Heros
New and Various Rivals
New Gym Leaders
My Little Green Time-Traveling Friend Catchable!
...And much, much more!

.:Glitches in Current release:.
No! Not my Hall of Fame!
When I say "fixed" it means for the next release, not the current one.
  • You can jump into the snowbanks under the trees in Chilly Canyon. *fixed*
  • Blossom gives you Rock Tomb instead of Bullet Seed. *fixed*
  • Some people's text is cut off. *fixed*
  • Major Glitch! Please read! Do not open the menu in Hailstone City. It will cause the game to freeze and you may lose data. Save when you enter to minimize your risk of losing data.
  • When using an Escape Rope in Whistlewind Woods, you end up in front of the Timber Town Mart instead of in front of the forest.
  • Tide Town's an Island instead of a peninsula. *fixed*
  • There's a Rocket in the middle of nowhere near the Pokemon Center in Tropican City. *fixed*
  • After you defeat the Rocket Admin in the Tropican Jungle Safari Zone, a man appears inside the building you used to enter it. He won't talk to you. *fixed*

.:Screenshots:.
Beware, screenshots are my thing...
Tide Town:

Tropican City:

Chilly Canyon:

Timber Town:

Whistlewind Woods:

Oasis City:

.:Credits:.
-Coronis for a Caterpie overworld.

.:Banners:.
\v\h01 used HELPING HAND! \v\h01 is ready to help Pokemon Orchid!

Code:
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p219/tuscontripfile123/Orchidfinal1.gif
^credit to Hiro Scout for this great banner.

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/1162/pokemonorchidbanneronekh4.gif

Code:
http://img54.imageshack.us/img54/2240/pokemonorchidbannertwouj1.png

Code:
http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5881/pokemonorchidbannerthreqn6.gif
^Credit goes to Barker for the three awesome banners!

.:Releases:.
Alpha's length: Up to the third town. Includes 1 Gym, 2 forests/caves, 3 routes, and 2 major events.
Attached Files
File Type: ips PokemonOrchidAlpha.ips‎ (107.6 KB, 1264 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Last edited by Deokishisu; July 23rd, 2007 at 07:29 AM.
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Myzou
Lost and Confused xD

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Myzou Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Myzou Send a message via Yahoo to Myzou
First Post =P

Anyways, Looks Promising, The overworld of the main hero may annoy me after some time, but eh, that's just me ^.~

Is that the tileset you will stay with the entire time, or will u probably change it? (Just curious =P)

Old June 20th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
Is that the tileset you will stay with the entire time, or will u probably change it? (Just curious =P)
I know that minor tileset changes will be necessary somewhere down the line but I'm trying to stay closer to Firered's tiles and palletes for now. However, I did take the liberty of changing the Pokemon Center and Mart's roof tiles. Taking a closer look at one of the screenshots on the first post will reveal that. :P
-----------
I think I'll give everyone a teaser of the third town. It's my favorite so far and took a little while to map. Better yet, the roof tile changes are more visible. I tried to give it a more D/P look while still keeping the GBA feel.

Yep, that's Hailstone City. Do ya like it?
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Barker
I'm drifting in deep waters..

Nature: Quiet
Looks good.

The though of a Jungle, instead of a Forest, is intriguing. I haven't seen that before.

But I don't get out much, so that just might be me.
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:24 AM
SilentWing
クロバット

Oh wow, 3 towns done in an hour and a half... If you keep up at this pace, you'll be the fastest hacker ever!

Seriously though, I like it a lot. Is it going to feature complex (zel-like) scripts? I hear that's the hardest thing in the world for some [most] people. Well, keep it up (maybe you'll update in another hour or two XD), and try to get those nice snow effects working for Hailstone. You know, like modified soot in Ruby, something like that, yeah. From the looks of things, it's also shaping out to be a grammatically correct hack. Nice.

PS: I like your PorygonHacks banner. Very stylish, I must say!

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Team Poison
<-<=Arbok is a Kobra!

Nature: Hardy
From a fellow hacker to another I welcome you to the world of hacking so keep up the good work!
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:31 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskura_80211b View Post
Oh wow, 3 towns done in an hour and a half... If you keep up at this pace, you'll be the fastest hacker ever!

Seriously though, I like it a lot. Is it going to feature complex (zel-like) scripts? I hear that's the hardest thing in the world for some [most] people. Well, keep it up (maybe you'll update in another hour or two XD), and try to get those nice snow effects working for Hailstone. You know, like modified soot in Ruby, something like that, yeah. From the looks of things, it's also shaping out to be a grammatically correct hack. Nice.

PS: I like your PorygonHacks banner. Very stylish, I must say!
Actually Sakura, I've been working on this hack for a couple of weeks now. I was getting it ready to be presented here. I have the three snowflakes weather effect going on in Hailstone. I just didn't want it to snow all the time, it didn't look right to me. I'm sooo glad you noticed how I used correct grammar! I'm a grammar freak when it comes to something important!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Poison View Post
From a fellow hacker to another I welcome you to the world of hacking so keep up the good work!
Thank you!
-------------
I need to script some relatively important events that I'll need some help with so you'll probably be seeing me in the Script Requests thread. I actually only have to map Quadrant 1 of the 4 Quadrant Tropican Jungle Safari Zone and a forest and I have all the maps for the beta! My Safari Zone'll be about... Let's see... 4 TIMES the size of Hoenn's. After the major letdown I'll call the Great Marsh failure (Nintendo I'm talking to you!) we need a good Safari Zone!

Last edited by Deokishisu; June 20th, 2007 at 10:37 AM.
Old June 20th, 2007, 10:50 AM
SilentWing
クロバット

Hehe, sorry for jumping to conclusions. A steady work speed is usually better than a sporadic one, I always say.

UGH, Great Marsh.
YAY, Safari Zone!
I think that just about wraps it up. :D

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Old June 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Went
Blue

Send a message via Skype™ to Went
This game is promising... You changed the tiles of the roof of the PC! O.o Good luck and finish it!
"Your loyalties... are they clear?"

"Yes sir. They are."

Old June 20th, 2007, 11:44 AM
LCKay
A Hacker of the Future

Looks like your off to a good start! Lets see where this one goes. Good Luck!
Friend Code: 1848 7943 9507
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:10 PM
duncanrcook
Excellent!

maps look good, but to many flowers. you should make a different hero too.
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Captain Arcane
spoon full o'peanut butter
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
As quick as this has arrived, this hack seems very promising. I glady support this hack.

Keep up the good work.
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:19 PM
BlackDragonite
Austrian Pokémon Expert

OMG, why always Johto?
I like your Hack, but why does it always have to be Johto starters? (I´ve never liked G/S/C)

But; I like hailstone town

Wanna adopt one too? Just come to my adoption-thread!!! (It got closed, so if you want one PM me)

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:31 PM
EkshtrimSama

Nature: Adamant
Looks cool,GL with this hack
Old June 20th, 2007, 12:46 PM
Midnight Beat
elit resu motsuc

Looks really promising, good luck.

BTW I really like those trees.

<<--Life isn’t measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away- Unknown-->>
Old June 20th, 2007, 03:10 PM
Varimathas
Beginning Trainer

it looks cool man the hail town =)
This signature has been disabled.
50 pixels too tall.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 20th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Wow! I've been getting alot of support!

Anyway, I just got home from work so I haven't gotten much done since I posted last. Hopefully, I'll have plenty of time tomorrow to map and script. Eventually I'll tie up the loose ends, beta test, and release a hopefully bug-free beta to you guys! Depending on alot of things, it could happen this week or maybe the end of the month. I'm really not sure, guessing release dates has never been my thing!

Thank you to everyone for your comments, especially about Hailstone City. You'll be able to like the whole thing when the beta comes out. Oh and Zach805, those are Firered's Safari Zone trees, I decided to make a tropical town, I needed tropical trees.

Well, I've gotta go. I'll map and attempt to script the two major events I plan for the first beta. I even have a little sprite surprise planned for y'all! See ya!
Old June 20th, 2007, 07:48 PM
birthofdna
Togepi

Will there be music hacking involved?

FAVORITE POKEMON:
DEOXYS, the DNA POKEMON (hence my username)
Old June 21st, 2007, 12:28 AM
zephern
Finishing up school, hacking

Nice tilesets! Looks like a good hack to be.

"Qué carajo estas haciendo aquí? ¡Largate, cabron!"

Spoiler:

After my return to PC, I've planned on starting a new project.
The end results will be shocking, nonetheless..
Old June 21st, 2007, 05:06 AM
errero
Beginning Trainer

the hack is very good but if you change some tiles and the mini it will be best
Old June 21st, 2007, 06:10 AM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

Quote:
Originally Posted by birthofdna View Post
Will there be music hacking involved?
Nope. I really don't know how to music hack to tell you the truth. I've heard that Fr/Lg has all the R/S songs in it so I'm hoping to run into them along the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errero View Post
the hack is very good but if you change some tiles and the mini it will be best
Like I said before, minor tileset changes are always needed, but I want to stay close to Firered's tilesets for now. Mini? You mean the overworld? I might change them more, we'll see.

Well, I just got up so, back to hacking!
Old June 21st, 2007, 02:26 PM
Varimathas
Beginning Trainer

it coming out nicely man good luck
This signature has been disabled.
50 pixels too tall.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 21st, 2007, 04:14 PM
Erimgard
Rocket's Revenge

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Erimgard
looks promising.
I like the diversity in climate (normal trees, rain forest trees, wintery tileset)
Proud supporter of Second Gen Hacking

Temple of Theorizing: A great online community to discuss the mysteries of the Zelda series
Old June 21st, 2007, 06:21 PM
Lash

Nature: Calm
Hey Deokishisu, I made a banner for the hack. Tell me if you like it or not in a PM or something.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...chidfinal1.gif
RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan
Feb 10th, 1981 - Dec 28th, 2009

"Jimmy you are forever in our hearts"

And **** you 2009 for taking him from us.
Old June 22nd, 2007, 12:56 PM
Deokishisu
Mr. Magius

I've made some progress on the Team Rocket event I have planned but I haven't got a reply to the question I posted in the Script Help thread. I can't do anything more today 'cause I'm going somewhere, but I did map Quadrant 1 of the Tropican Safari! I plan to map a forest used for later in the beta and an extra route I should've put in in the first place! Well, last day of school was today so now I can focus more on the hack. Ciao!

P.S. I love the banner. I've already sent you a PM about it Hiro Scout.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here