• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orchid Version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the comments! I'm very glad. EarthsVisitor, thanks so much for the complements. My motto for routes, forests and caves is, "If it looks man-made, start over." So I really do spend alot of time on my mapping. Thank you again.

Latieon, spamming is bad. Even worse when you demean someones hard work by just posting, "Oh, THIS ROX!!!!111!!!1!". It hurts the hackers when you couldn't think up a better comment and it hurts PokeCommunity staff that have to put up with it. I'm asking you as a fellow member, please don't do it again.

Anyway, I'm currently fixing up the Whistlewind Woods event. I got through with scripting it and it worked fine but I decided on a whole different storyline for it to follow and had to start over! Silly me right? I should be done with that by tomorrow because, to be honest, I'm exhausted! I think I'm gonna hit the sack after this. Thanks again!

EDIT: Oh man! I missed the banner part in your post EarthsVisitor! Thanks for attempting it! Honestly, I have no idea what the flower of an orchid looks like! They don't grow where I live so I've never seen a real one looks like! Again, thank you so much for spending your time trying to make it. I'm sure it would've been a hit! (How many exclamation points am I gonna use today?)

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
Years
ScriptEd of course!
-----
Anyway, I mapped the route coming up to Hailstone. I have some screenies of what I'd like to call Chilly Canyon:

ChillyCanyon3.png
ChillyCanyon2.png
ChillyCanyon1.png

It has some not-so-powerful-but-useful Ice types wild in there. I'd say it's pretty good!

Now about those events. I'm halfway through the first one in Tropican City. I haven't even mapped where the second one's gonna take place yet though. If I have time, I'll attempt to finish the first event, (Man! I hate scripting!) and then move on to map and try out the second event. After that, I beta test, patch up any glitches and we'll have a beta! Don't expect it too soon though. I have one more surprise I'd like to throw in before it goes public. Well, see ya!

so when should we be expecting a beta? i know that it might take a long time,but you made everything so far in just a short time,didnt you?and it still looks really good. maybe we could have a beta by this friday? june 6th? (june 2nd today) anyway,everything is lookin pretty cool,especially the ice route and i like the idea of having an ice pokemon available early in the game! your awesome at hacking really fast.

Good Luck ~Alex~

Well, right now I'm beta-testing. I've fixed quite a lot of minor glitches and grammatical errors already! A beta will probably be available by the end of the week. I just want to go through the beta atleast twice before releasing it. Thanks for all your support!

I hope I've answered your question rei173!

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
I don't usaully offer my help, as I'm often busy with my own hack, but I will in your case.

If you ever need anything just ask.
I can do mapping, scripting, graphics, basically anything besides spriting.

:)

Screenshots look nice, but I couldn't help but notice how in the 1st (Magnet Train) screenshot, it's so empty. Might want to add some stuff. Also, the sign is peculiarly placed.

Nevertheless, keep up the good work.

Lash

Years
Like anyone else, I can't wait to play the Beta1. You have been doing really great on the hack so far :D
And of course upon playing the Beta1, I will find many great Banner Ideas.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
The mapping looks fine, are you planning on changing tiles, or you will stick to FR's style? (With a good mapping there wouldn't be a need for tile changing)

Well, keep scripting then. Good luck with that! ^^

Thanks for all the comments guys.

zel, I plan to stick to Firered's style. Some tileset changes will be necessary but I want to stick as close to Firered's tileset as possible.

Also, the sign is peculiarly placed.
How so? Where do you think it should be? I'm open to suggestions. And thank you so much for offering to help me, if I need anything, I'll PM you about it.

I'm gonna finish my first runthrough of the game today and start another when I'm finished. I'm thinking about lowering the difficulty level though. By the time I finished the first gym, my Bayleef was at level 17! All because I had to train so hard to beat her! I haven't decided yet and I'll probably release the beta and ask for your opinions before doing anything that drastic. Well, I'm off!

Last edited:
Is Tide Town called that because of the water tiles?

Yes, y'know tides. High tide and low tide. That's what I named it for.
-----
I've finished my first runthrough the beta.

EDIT: Devastating glitch fixed thanks to zel, he's the one who told me how to fix it. Anyway, I'm just gonna go through again one last time and make sure everything's all right before releasing the beta. Who knows? If everything's perfect, you could have it by tomorrow! Maybe... Well, see ya!

Last edited:

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Well, I hope all goes well with the Beta.

If you don't mind me asking, how did you fix the glitch, because I might need it for future reference. (Seriously).

Anyways, keep up the good work.
;)

If you don't mind me asking, how did you fix the glitch, because I might need it for future reference. (Seriously).
zel told me that it's caused by the "Look Down" movement in Advance Map. Changing it to "No Movement" is the same as "Look Down" and fixes the glitch. Oh, and thanks for... y'know.
-----
Now, I have to announce something to everyone. I finished my second runthrough and found a fatal glitch I cannot fix. So, I quit...

Not! Actually, I have the beta ready. It's more an Alpha then a Beta because you can only really get an hour or two in it if you really train. Anyway, if anyone finds any glitches, grammatical errors, spelling errors, etc. Please post them with a screenie if possible. I just want to let everyone know I did not edit the following.

The Titlescreen
Prof. Oak's Intro Sprite
Male Hero's Intro and Backsprites
Female Hero
Anything past Timber Town

You want me to shutup now right? "Just give us the Alpha!" you say. Well, it's at the bottom of the post. I want feedback! Tell me if the difficulty level is too high. If everyone agrees (including me) I'll release a new patch with a lower difficulty level. Have fun!

Attachments

• PokemonOrchidAlpha.ips
    107.6 KB · Views: 93

$_$

?????????
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Oct 4, 2016
Hey I love the new alpha.I'm still playing it.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
Deo, my friend.
You need to fade screen, after defeating the rocket in front of the Tropican Safari thing.

Why?
Because, after you beat them once, if you don't fade the screen, or reload the map, she'll stay there and you can keep fighting her.

Deo, my friend.
You need to fade screen, after defeating the rocket in front of the Tropican Safari thing.

Why?
Because, after you beat them once, if you don't fade the screen, or reload the map, she'll stay there and you can keep fighting her.

She's supposed to move... Lemme see...

It worked when I tested it in my runthroughs but there was a scripting error when I looked at it. Please use this and patch it to a clean ROM to fix that problem. You can even use your saves if you rename it to the same thing as before and put it in the same folder!

Attachments

• PokemonOrchidAlpha.ips
    107.6 KB · Views: 25

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
She's supposed to move... Lemme see...

It worked when I tested it in my runthroughs but there was a scripting error when I looked at it. Please use this and patch it to a clean ROM to fix that problem. You can even use your saves if you rename it to the same thing as before and put it in the same folder!

Oh, I got past her fine, she didn't move, but she did dissapear if you went into a building and came back, you obviously had the person ID correct.

I found 3 more glitches will I will post soon, very minor.

Ahem:
I just encountered a Major Glitch.
I went to Hailstone City, bought a Repel, used it, and after exiting my menu, the screen went black.
Now, I'm too lazy to restart.
:P

bleu_cheese

Pastry Chef
Years
  • Seen Aug 28, 2010
I just started, and I think it's great! Just a few things I noticed, however, all very minor.

1. Tide Town looks like an island, you should add something to make it look like it's connected to the jungle route.
2. The above mentioned repeat battle, which you fixed.
3. After the old man teaches you how to catch pokemon, if you talk to him again, he'll say "Oh, you're the trainer I helped bef...."
It should be before.

Other than that, great hack, I can't wait for future updates.

EarthsVisitor

Jolly Good
Years
1. After beating the Elite Dude, in front of the tree, if you go back to the Safari, there is a man in front of the door, but he won't talk to you.

2. What's that Rocket doing up there?
Orchid.png

3. See that Rock underneath the Tree, right in front of me? I can jump over it like a ledge! wee!
Orchid2.png

I just encountered a Major Glitch.
I went to Hailstone City, bought a Repel, used it, and after exiting my menu, the screen went black.
Now, I'm too lazy to restart.
:P
I've tested that repel glitch in the mart, three places around Hailstone, and three places in Chilly Canyon and I didn't encounter that glitch at all. Bad ROM maybe? Has anyone else encountered this?
1. Tide Town looks like an island, you should add something to make it look like it's connected to the jungle route.
2. The above mentioned repeat battle, which you fixed.
3. After the old man teaches you how to catch pokemon, if you talk to him again, he'll say "Oh, you're the trainer I helped bef...."
It should be before.
1. I'd have to expand the map for that, and I will later. It will be fixed for the next beta. I honestly thought no one would notice, good eye.
2.Like you said, fixed.
3. Needed to put an \l command before the word "before" 'cuz I ran outta space in the box. Fixed for next beta.

1. After beating the Elite Dude, in front of the tree, if you go back to the Safari, there is a man in front of the door, but he won't talk to you.

2. What's that Rocket doing up there?
Orchid.png

3. See that Rock underneath the Tree, right in front of me? I can jump over it like a ledge! wee!
Orchid2.png
1. Oh! I promised myself I'd script that after my runthroughs but completely forgot! Fixed for next beta.
2. Didn't put him far enough away from the walkable spaces, fixed for next beta.
3. Ahh! I didn't see that one coming! I didn't even know that would happen! Fixed for next beta.

If there's enough little glitches, I'll post a bug-fix alpha, keep 'em coming, I appreciate it!

Has anyone finished it yet? Or have any comments about the difficulty level? Constructive critism is encouraged here!

Lash

Years
The Beta looks really great!
And nice job on all the amount of encounters in the Forest area before the battle with the chick who got her brother taken by the mirror xD
But I used an Escape Rope to get out of the place, and I edned up infront of the Timber Town Pokemart.

The Beta looks really great!
And nice job on all the amount of encounters in the Forest area before the battle with the chick who got her brother taken by the mirror xD
But I used an Escape Rope to get out of the place, and I edned up infront of the Timber Town Pokemart.
Umm... not sure how to fix that. Well, you ended up in Timber Town so that's good. Maybe later I'll delve deeper into that glitch. Thanks for the complement. When I beta tested, I thought Whistlewind Woods was evil! So long and twisty but, most forests are like that so, yeah. I'm glad you liked it Hiro Scout. Now that you have the beta, will you follow up on your banner promise? I could use a few more banners and credit will be given to you of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back