• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Orchid Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
I've been watching this hack for a while, and it looks quite impressive. I just downloaded it, and I'll probably play it today

Thanks for all the comments. Guess what? I've mapped the first half of Oasis City. Here's a few screenies:
Oasis City:
OasisCity1.png
OasisCity2.png
OasisCity3.png

Remember, everything in those screenies are subject to change. Anyway, I haven't scripted anything there yet and I'll work on the North half of Oasis later today. There'll be alot of surprises in store in the North half as well. Hope ya'll liked the screenies, see ya!

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
Nice the screens are looking great! Will we be able to get to that city in the next beta release? Are you going to keep the surprises secret so we see them ourselves when we play?

Batonelli

Shiny Elekid *
Years
  • Age 33
  • =$
  • Seen May 21, 2018
I like this game ALOT!
In the beginning I already encountered a shiny Snorunt.
Is this just luck by the way, or are the chances of encountering shiny Pokémon a bit higher?
Anyway, keep the good work up!

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Interesting new screen there. I find myself wondering what some of those building are, even if they're possibly only NPC houses. :paranoid:

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
few things, sorry if they've been mentioned before.
The team rocket guards at the safari zone look straight ahead no matter what. if you talk to them from the side, they still look straight ahead.
also the old man who appears at the safari zone after rockets leave doesn't say/do anything. just stands there.
my cyndaquil wouldn't evolve....
my game froze up a lot (gave me a black screen) and I'm almost positive it's not my ROM.

anyway, this is a GREAT hack. I'm truly impressed. it's got that 'new game' feel to it :)

Thanks for the comments, I'm just gonna answer a few questions here...
Will we be able to get to that city in the next beta release? Are you going to keep the surprises secret so we see them ourselves when we play?
You'll get there in the next beta. Of course I'm keeping the surprises secret silly! It'd ruin the "wow" element if I didn't.
Is this just luck by the way, or are the chances of encountering shiny Pokémon a bit higher?
To tell you the truth, I don't even know how to raise the chances of getting a shiny. So no, you just got lucky, and I envy you for it!

few things, sorry if they've been mentioned before.
The team rocket guards at the safari zone look straight ahead no matter what. if you talk to them from the side, they still look straight ahead.
also the old man who appears at the safari zone after rockets leave doesn't say/do anything. just stands there.
my cyndaquil wouldn't evolve....
my game froze up a lot (gave me a black screen) and I'm almost positive it's not my ROM.

anyway, this is a GREAT hack. I'm truly impressed. it's got that 'new game' feel to it :)
Every glitch there was reported and fixed for the next release. But, I'm curious, did you're game freeze with a black screen in Hailstone? Or did it do it someplace else? Can you be more specific? And to evolve your Cyndaquil, you must talk to the old man in front of the Magnet Station in Tropican City. He'll upgrade your PokeDex to the National Mode.
---------
I was scripting a bit of Oasis today, but I didn't really feel like mapping the other half. I've also just realized that if you've gone to Timber Town, you can't go back and get the National Dex upgrade! So, I'm creating an event in Oasis involving Prof. Yew's Aide to get it to you, (along with two other things...) If you already have the Dex, you, of course, won't get it again!

Anyway, I'm going away 'till next Wednesday and won't have any internet access... I think. The hotel we'll be staying at wasn't exactly clear on the computer thing so... yeah. So, if you have questions or concerns post them here and I'll answer when I get back! Right now I'm gonna try and get some work done before we go. I should be checking back on later this evening so you can catch me then. See ya!

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
sorry about the late response, but my game froze in several different places. it did happen in hailstone a couple times yes, but I believe it happened in the first city (can't remember the name right now, sorry) not counting the starter town

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
sorry about the late response, but my game froze in several different places. it did happen in hailstone a couple times yes, but I believe it happened in the first city (can't remember the name right now, sorry) not counting the starter town

Did your game froze when talking to someone or on always on a certain spot in the towns?

I ask, since the game freezing didnt happen to me and i also finshed this beta a month ago.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
Years
um...now that you mention it, I don't think it EVER froze while talking to someone...it always just seemed sorta random.

Uh Oh...

I have some good news and some bad news.

Good News: I've mapped the North District of Oasis City.

Bad News: My computer's sick. That's right, my poor computer's contracted a nasty virus that makes it so slow it's almost impossible to effectively hack anymore. Advance Map doesn't register what 've done until about 10 seconds later and then freezes. I get pop-ups when I'm not connected to the internet, the only thing that doesn't seem affected is my internet's speed. So, unfortunately, I'm forced to put Orchid on hold. I've looked at all my options, including quitting, and found this to be the best one. I'm moving in the beginning of the school-year, (September) and should have a new computer by January... hopefully. So, until then, no work will be done on this hack. I will continue to have ideas and write them down. And I'll attempt to improve my scripting. When this is all over, I promise it'll have been for the better and I'll have a better hack overall to show for it. So, I'd like to thank everyone for their support and look out for this hack to be revived in the beginning of next year. I'll PM a mod and have this closed. Again, thanks to everyone who supported this hack. You've made working on it much more enjoyable for me. Thank you.

Oh, and this is only being suspended, that means I'm coming back to it. It will get finished alright? I hope you'll have fun playing all the other great hacks while Orchid's gone!

SerenadeDS

Trainer
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 7, 2013
YAY!!! I thought you gave up!! No worries, Hope you get your computer fixed! I know what thats like >_>

Well... Good Luck!XD

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
Years
  • Age 32
  • Utah
  • Seen Dec 31, 2016
Oh man, that's horrible. This is one of my favorite hacks here. I'll look forward to January though, and keep your logo in my sig.

Maybe the virus can be gotten with an anti virus though, I don't know. Again, this is horrible.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Spyware is probably slowing down your PC and causing the popups.
Try Spybot Search and Destroy.
It finds every virus/keylooger/adware/spyware and deletes it.

Maybe after that, the computer will be back to normal again

yoshikiller995

Any thing but slow
Years
Sad to hear, but i'm still ging to report a glitch I found, after I beat the rocket admin in the jungle safari zone place, my screan went black, and it froze, the only weird thing that happened is that my cyndaquil tryed to evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back