• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] «Sword Art Online: Sanctuary» [OOC/SU][T]

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Well I'd intended for Hono to spend the night at the lone tree because of the Haiku messages from earlier, but that's where everyone apparently wanted to go/be.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
    Years
  • True Epicness Just post if you feel like it's taking too long. Robin seems to have send a message to Turnip and Kagome and Impossiperiod seems to have gone temporary inactive.

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Welcome back impossiperiod c:

There are a few who haven't posted lately, I'd like to ask those people to post soon. If it'll take another week then I'll have to give out warnings.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
  • Hey there, Pink and Shiny. I have time, now that it's Christmas break. I don't suppose I can join back up?

And a follow up. If the answer to asked question is yes, would it be possible for me to create a character that uses Hand-To-Hand solely?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • I've actually been considering that, because Godot was going to do Hand-to-Hand on a certain basis. Now, given that it's a secret skill, I don't think there are gauntlets or any fist-based weapons (especially considering that all the Arts related to it are Unarmed), and I'm also not sure how one would go about calculating the damage that it does. If I had to guess, though, I would think that it is (Unarmed Skill lvl + Strength/Speed)...or maybe (Unarmed Skill Lvl + [Strength/Speed * 2]).

That's just a guess, though, but since I've always been interested in Unarmed/Hand-to-Hand in games (Be they Action RPGs, Turn Based, Fighters, or pretty much any genre, since it's always interesting to see how the feature will be incorporated), Godot will be as well.

Though, do keep in mind that to unlock the Martial Arts skill, you have to complete a certain quest.

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

Years
  • Hey there, Pink and Shiny. I have time, now that it's Christmas break. I don't suppose I can join back up?

And a follow up. If the answer to asked question is yes, would it be possible for me to create a character that uses Hand-To-Hand solely?

Of course you can. Remember what I said though, If you join again I won't let you leave again.

Hand-to-hand is a secret skill that can only be unlocked by a quest made by me or SD. Since I don't plan on handing out unique and secret skills yet, the answer is no~

I would like it if you'd create a male character since we have more female players than male ones at the moment ^^

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
  • @SylveonStar: Don't worry, I kinda deserved it anyway. I made Riku offer Princess an out from interaction if you don't think you can maintain activity due to real life business or something.

@heretostay123: Great to have (potentially) you back! Taka is too awesome to discard. On the topic of hand-to-hand, it's an extra skill like Katanas, so I don't see why there can't be unarmed weapons. In fact, I had planned for Kouki to be an unarmed fighter and for Rikuto to give him a cestus for Christmas, but I guess I should have asked more about that first.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • On the topic of hand-to-hand, it's an extra skill like Katanas, so I don't see why there can't be unarmed weapons. In fact, I had planned for Kouki to be an unarmed fighter and for Rikuto to give him a cestus for Christmas, but I guess I should have asked more about that first.
    Well, apart from all of the known arts for Martial Arts being unarmed (which, technically speaking, could mean absolutely nothing), there's the fact that martial arts weapons are never seen in either the anime or the LN.

Now, it's not all too likely that there are no Unarmed weapons, and there's nothing to suggest that there aren't. Kirito never uses any of them, though that may largely be due to the fact that he's mainly a swordsman.

We could take this the other way as well. Given that it's named "Martial Arts" and not "Hand-to-Hand", the skill may well use the feet as well, and because of this, the damage calculation may not take weapons into consideration, but instead it would look at Attack, Defense (Provided by gloves/footwear), Speed, and Skill Level.

I've actually been thinking about this skill a lot, because this is one of the skills I'd originally planned for Godot to have (though, seeing as we hadn't gone past the first floor in the first month, that was impossible). Really, it could go either way the way I see it. Since the skill itself isn't all too elaborated on, it's completely up to the GMs (well, it'd be up to them anyway since this is non-canon).

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
    Years
  • machomuu & Turnip: The one speaking, you already know his weapon. The other two have a spear & axe. Your choice who you want to go against & bunny.

Back