• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
  • Ahh, that was after I helped dominated it with one of the orignal groups of the eairly 2005 era. Those where the days.
    I think you meant early 2006 era. Since the first half of 2005 was the original DCC and the Spring DCC, and I really don't remember you guys posting much, if at all, back then and the DCC was dominated by about 7 staff members at the time. Whereas, I wasn't here during most of 2006, so that very well could've been your "time."

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I got the idea from one time in the DCC thread, forgotten when though XD

I'd search for it, but bah!

The DCC inspired something..I must've started posting in the DCC after that because I don't recall any previous procrastination chats.

Ullion

[color=#00cc99][i]Simic Synthesis[/i][/color]
    Years
  • Please, do tell. XD

I procrastinate quite a bit, and it's not something I'm proud of. XD

Same, but i AM proud of it! XD

Adn Dawson, why'd did you/others switch the DCC to being monthly instead of season..ly.. >.>

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • There's something about the DCC that's amazing. Know what it is?
    I'll take a wild guess..

The amazing thing about the DCC is the most common topic is the DCC itself.

I don't know anybody that isn't guilty of procrastination at some point or other. I'm sure most of us procrastinate daily, I know I do. There's always some small things that I need to do that I'll put off for as long as possible.

Killer-Swift said:
    Adn Dawson, why'd did you/others switch the DCC to being monthly instead of season..ly.. >.>
    It was switched to monthly installments for convenience purposes. The reason given was that it made it easier for members to be able to search back and find old conversations they had in there. It also apparently made it easier for staff to search through posts when handing out warnings.

I don't like it being monthly, I actually requested it being switched to seasonal again, but I was given the reasons stated above as to why that wouldn't happen.

Although, in its current state, I don't think PC could handle the size of a seasonal DCC without lagging badly.

Last edited:

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • It was switched to monthly installments for convenience purposes. The reason given was that it made it easier for members to be able to search back and find old conversations they had in there. It also apparently made it easier for staff to search through posts when handing out warnings.

I don't like it being monthly, I actually requested it being switched to seasonal again, but I was given the reasons stated above as to why that wouldn't happen.

Although, in its current state, I don't think PC could handle the size of a seasonal DCC without lagging badly.

I like it monthly, only because it's easier to keep up with. And not having to worry when a new DCC will be made, you know when it will now. XD

I remember in November '05, I started posting in it when it was still "Fall Daily Chit Chat" and then it became "November Daily Chit Chat." I wasn't all that affected though, since it was my first DCC. XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I like it monthly, only because it's easier to keep up with. And not having to worry when a new DCC will be made, you know when it will now. XD

I remember in November '05, I started posting in it when it was still "Fall Daily Chit Chat" and then it became "November Daily Chit Chat." I wasn't all that affected though, since it was my first DCC. XD
    Meh, I left just after the Fall 2005 DCC was made, and it was December 2006 DCC when I came back, so it was hardly like I had a problem adjusting to it.

The main problem with the monthly DCCs seemed to be a bunch of people desperately wanting to be the highest poster for that month, like it was actually a crowning achievement or something. Though, I seem to have cut that out in the past month or so.

I was an a-hole around my first DCC. Spamming and such, you name it. Seasonal DCCs always worried me. XD
    Don't worry, dude, everybody spammed in the DCCs way back then. Which is why they were always so active.

Dawg 2005

The original Dawg 2005
    Years
  • Meh, I left just after the Fall 2005 DCC was made, and it was December 2006 DCC when I came back, so it was hardly like I had a problem adjusting to it.

The main problem with the monthly DCCs seemed to be a bunch of people desperately wanting to be the highest poster for that month, like it was actually a crowning achievement or something. Though, I seem to have cut that out in the past month or so.
    Yeah, Matt and I wanted that top spot a lot, but I didn't really care if I got it or not.

Don't worry, dude, everybody spammed in the DCCs way back then. Which is why they were always so active.

Yep yep, and it could be a reason why no one posts in them now.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Yeah, Matt and I wanted that top spot a lot, but I didn't really care if I got it or not.

Hehe, you contradict yourself thar, laddie! :P Being first was always fun because everyone got caught up in it! It was banned as a topic, but yeah, it was always a bit amusing watching Kura, Alex, Simon, and Drummerpuff try to outlast eachother.

Yep yep, and it could be a reason why no one posts in them now.
    Well, I don't post in the DCC much anymore because of school now; highschool's gotten pretty tough now x.x; I also don't post here because the old friends I used to have tons of fun chatting with have either left, been banned, or just disappeared out of thin air Kaga...;;. Well, nowadays really, 'topics' are more of statements and less of a fun and casual question open for opinions, comments, fluffs, or rants. Meh, I'm just not feeling the creativity in topics anymore!

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I just love how the DCC topic half the time is discussing how much better the DCC used to be or how dead it is.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • That's what was the difference between the older DCCs, someone did something about that :x

Yeah, and I'm reminded constantly that those someones are gone now. Boo hoo.

Eh. I'm watching Fever Pitch while I'm waiting for my laundry to finish. Not a huge fan of Drew Barrymore, but I really like her in this movie. And of course, Jimmy Fallon is the man. XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • Has anybody had the pleasure of coming across videos/songs of the awesome Stephen Lynch? He's a singer/songwriter/comedian and he's currently my idol. I'd link a few videos here now but most of them aren't age appropriate for PC. If you wanna check him out though, there's loads of videos on YouTube.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Yeah, and I'm reminded constantly that those someones are gone now. Boo hoo.

-sigh- Forget I said anything at all...-.-;;
    Eh. I'm watching Fever Pitch while I'm waiting for my laundry to finish. Not a huge fan of Drew Barrymore, but I really like her in this movie. And of course, Jimmy Fallon is the man. XD

I'm going to watch American Idol soon ^-^
    I've heard of Stephen Lynch, never seen or heard his talents, though. What kind of genre would you put him under?

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    There's something about the DCC that's amazing. Know what it is?
    Me?

Anyways all, what's being happening today?
    I got involved in an argument with some chavs who brought a big dog in the park, which wasn't a major convenience as I have a phobia of large dogs.

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • Me?

Anyways all, what's being happening today?
    I got involved in an argument with some chavs who brought a big dog in the park, which wasn't a major convenience as I have a phobia of large dogs.

I do think chavs is now the new DCC word here...XD;
    I love all dogs <3

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • Has anybody had the pleasure of coming across videos/songs of the awesome Stephen Lynch? He's a singer/songwriter/comedian and he's currently my idol. I'd link a few videos here now but most of them aren't age appropriate for PC. If you wanna check him out though, there's loads of videos on YouTube.

I've heard the name, but never seen anything from him. I'll be sure to check him out on YouTube. ;D

-sigh- Forget I said anything at all...-.-;;

I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. It just gets old hearing that stuff, if you know what I mean.

Chibi-chan said:
    ]I'm going to watch American Idol soon ^-^

Not a big American Idol fan. Not a big reality television fan as a whole though. I do watch Survivor though. Up until the last season I don't think I missed a single show in all like....15 seasons. I like watching the first few weeks of American Idol. When all the terrible people get cut. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back