• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    It's not that I dislike them, I've just had unpleasant encounters with large dogs before.

Dawson, I'm familiar with a few of Stephan Lynch's works, although I reckon I spelt his first name wrong. No wait, spelt it right ^_^b

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    I'd describe him as a singing comedian. Basically, he writes and plays songs that are designed to make people laugh as well as be enjoyable to listen to. I've linked a few videos in that spoiler tag but please not, they aren't suitable for everybody.

Heh, here's one about the devil that should be okay for all. Here you go. I'm currently in the process of worshipping the guy.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I always like "If I were gay" which was one of those songs I actually liked to listen to and laugh at XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Sherlock said:
    I always like "If I were gay" which was one of those songs I actually liked to listen to and laugh at XD
    Yeah, that was the first one I ever listened to. One of my favourite ones though is one of his performances of "Priest" but I can't link to that one since it's potentially offensive to religious people and, well, that kind of stuff is quite taboo anyway. XD

Another awesome one is..I think called "Talk to Me", the one about his dad catching him in the act of..getting in touch with himself, for lack of a more appropriate phrase. And D&D, whilst not the funniest song of his, is an awesome song just to listen to.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Just listened to special Ed, amazing song.
    Speaking of amazing, I saw Hot Fuzz tonight, probably the best film I've seen at the cinema for months.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Sherlock said:
    Just listened to special Ed, amazing song.
    Speaking of amazing, I saw Hot Fuzz tonight, probably the best film I've seen at the cinema for months.
    Yeah, it looks pretty funny. I plan to download it since I'm currently low on funds and I don't want to waste £10 on one movie. The fact that Bill Bailey is in it just makes me wanna see it even more. Bill Bailey's stand up shows are hilarious, and it'd be cool to see him in a movie.

And yeah, Special Ed is cool.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I only paid £4 to get in, but yeah, it's well worth downloading. The first half is quite average, it has it's funny parts, but nothing too brilliant, the second half however, real side splitter.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Sherlock said:
    I only paid £4 to get in, but yeah, it's well worth downloading. The first half is quite average, it has it's funny parts, but nothing too brilliant, the second half however, real side splitter.
    £4 is cheap. It costs £8 here, and because the cinema is in the city centre, it costs £2 just to get there.

Good to know, because I'm quite impatient with films. So if it seems quite dull in the first half an hour, I won't normally sit through the rest of the movie. I'll make the effort if that happens with this, then.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Good to know, because I'm quite impatient with films. So if it seems quite dull in the first half an hour, I won't normally sit through the rest of the movie. I'll make the effort if that happens with this, then.

I'm sort of the same, but except if it's really slow for the first few minutes (10-15 minutes XD) I get bored and go to do something else.

Have you ever seen that film "Eternal Sunshine"? It's probably the most confusing film I've ever seen in my life. XD

Cinemas around where I live charge about £5, I dont really go to the cinema much, if I do it's usually with friends.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    Hehe, you contradict yourself thar, laddie! :P Being first was always fun because everyone got caught up in it! It was banned as a topic, but yeah, it was always a bit amusing watching Kura, Alex, Simon, and Drummerpuff try to outlast eachother.
    Wow, please stop calling me that name now. I've asked you so many times to stop, and you haven't. I find it annoying and disrespectful, so yeah...
    Yeah, Matt and I wanted that top spot a lot, but I didn't really care if I got it or not.
    You didn't care? Why don't you just admit you did care about the top spot like everyone else did at the time? <<;
    Cinemas around where I live charge about £5, I dont really go to the cinema much, if I do it's usually with friends.
    Only £5? Really? Cinema around here cost a lot more than that. I think it's around £8, which is ridiculous for one person to see a film. And yeah, like you, I don't go to the cinema unless it's with friends... I think the last time I went was in December. I might be doing something during half-term with my friends, which will likely be going to the cinema. There are a few good movies I want to see.

Years
    £4 is cheap. It costs £8 here, and because the cinema is in the city centre, it costs £2 just to get there.

£10? That's about $20 these days, isn't it? Damn, that's expensive. I could probably get a ticket and some popcorn with that. x_X;;

Apparently movie tickets on base are $3.50, but that's AAFES super-cheap tickets. In the States, it's more like $5-8, depending on when and where it shows. I wouldn't be surprised if you had to pay $10 just for the ticket in some theaters. And then there's the food, which has ALWAYS been expensive as crap. That's what you get for convenience.

I hardly get bored, but it happens. I watch a whole film in a theater; if I or someone else has coughed up the money to see it, I'm not going to waste it by leaving. If it's at home, I'm more likely to get up and go on the computer or something. x3;

I'm not much for movies these days though. I'm not sure why, they just don't appeal these days.

Only £5? Really? Cinema around here cost a lot more than that. I think it's around £8, which is ridiculous for one person to see a film. And yeah, like you, I don't go to the cinema unless it's with friends... I think the last time I went was in December. I might be doing something during half-term with my friends, which will likely be going to the cinema. There are a few good movies I want to see.

That is, if you ask me. I think $8 is crazy enough.

I like going with others too. It's nice.
    I think I've only gone to a movie alone once... and that was a Pokémon movie. XD;; I was such a geek then. I wanted to see it so bad I went alone, which was a big thing for me. I'm shy and I hate going to places alone. I wouldn't order food on my own for ages. But like I said... I'm was a super Pokémon geek then, and I needed my Pokémon fix.

I hope you go. ^^ You should have some fun every once in awhile~

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Rain said:
    I'm sort of the same, but except if it's really slow for the first few minutes (10-15 minutes XD) I get bored and go to do something else.

Have you ever seen that film "Eternal Sunshine"? It's probably the most confusing film I've ever seen in my life. XD

That's the film with Jim Carey, right? If so, yeah. I actually quite liked that film. XD Have you ever seen the Guy Ritchie film, Revolver? OMG, that film completely messed itself up. The first half of it was quite enjoyable, a little similar to Lock, Stock and Snatch. But the second half just starts going all weird and confusing, and just ended up being completely long winded and I was glad when it finally ended. What a crappy way to end a decent film.

£10? That's about $20 these days, isn't it? Damn, that's expensive. I could probably get a ticket and some popcorn with that. x_X;;
    £10 works out to something like $18, yeah. And refreshments and snacks are sold at extortionate prices too. They're usually sold at 2-2.5x the price they're sold at normal stores.

I rarely go to the cinema with friends, and I've never been by myself. XD I only ever use the cinema as a place to have a date, really.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012

Yup, £5. XD The last time I went to the Cinema with friends was in the Summer holidays last year I think.

The evil guy said:
    That's the film with Jim Carey, right? If so, yeah. I actually quite liked that film. XD Have you ever seen the Guy Ritchie film, Revolver? OMG, that film completely messed itself up. The first half of it was quite enjoyable, a little similar to Lock, Stock and Snatch. But the second half just starts going all weird and confusing, and just ended up being completely long winded and I was glad when it finally ended. What a crappy way to end a decent film.

Yeah, the one with Jim Carey in. XD I couldn't keep up with that film. XD;

Oh! I think I've seen that one, I think halfway through the film I gave up watching it and done something else. XD

I think the only film I watched in the Cinema on my own was War of the Worlds (not the old one XD) which was a year and something ago... I think.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Rain said:
    Yup, £5. XD The last time I went to the Cinema with friends was in the Summer holidays last year I think.

Yeah, the one with Jim Carey in. XD I couldn't keep up with that film. XD;

Oh! I think I've seen that one, I think halfway through the film I gave up watching it and done something else. XD

I think the only film I watched in the Cinema on my own was War of the Worlds (not the old one XD) which was a year and something ago... I think.
    Is the £5 a junior price though, because a lot of places have two prices for under-16s and over-16s. And the over-16s have to pay nearly twice the price. >_>

You were smart then, because the film just declined rapidly from there, culminating in a ten minute monologue that seemed like it was ripped straight out of Shakespeare.

Have you seen Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith? I've been wanting to see that for a while now but I still can't find a torrent of it.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    Is the £5 a junior price though, because a lot of places have two prices for under-16s and over-16s. And the over-16s have to pay nearly twice the price. >_>

You were smart then, because the film just declined rapidly from there, culminating in a ten minute monologue that seemed like it was ripped straight out of Shakespeare.

Have you seen Pursuit of Happyness with Will Smith? I've been wanting to see that for a while now but I still can't find a torrent of it.

Yeah, £5 is the Junior price. But the adult price isn't really much of a difference, it's £6 for an adult.

Yay, I'm smart. XD

I haven't seen Persuit of Happyness yet. Torrents don't like me D;

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I use the magic of Orange Wednesdays. The all round price at Hollywood cinema is £4, most other places is about £6-£8 for 16+, which is silly, because if 16 was supposed to be adult i;d be able to buy alcoholics beverages without having to lie to the clerk.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Rain said:
    Yeah, £5 is the Junior price. But the adult price isn't really much of a difference, it's £6 for an adult.

Yay, I'm smart. XD

I haven't seen Persuit of Happyness yet. Torrents don't like me D;
    Maybe I shouldn't have used the word "smart" for you, then. XD

I love torrents. I download torrents of Lost and Scrubs from America every week, the episodes only take an hour or so to download, couldn't really ask for more.
    Sherlock said:
    I use the magic of Orange Wednesdays. The all round price at Hollywood cinema is £4, most other places is about £6-£8 for 16+, which is silly, because if 16 was supposed to be adult i;d be able to buy alcoholics beverages without having to lie to the clerk.
    Don't you have to be on an Orange network for that, though? Because I'm on sucky Vodafone.

Yeah, that's always annoyed me. You're classed as an adult when it comes to paying prices for everything, but you're still a child for a while longer before you're classed as an adult for the fun stuff like drinking and gambling.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Yeah, ya gotta be on orange, you could always get a friend tot ext in, then forward the text to you, like my friend Josh does though.

Age restrictions are annoying, if they;re gonna make you a legal adult at 18 then surely that means for everything? If not they might aswell take it down to 16.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Sherlock said:
    Yeah, ya gotta be on orange, you could always get a friend tot ext in, then forward the text to you, like my friend Josh does though.

Age restrictions are annoying, if they;re gonna make you a legal adult at 18 then surely that means for everything? If not they might aswell take it down to 16.
    I'll tell you what's really annoying, buying train tickets. Because they used to require age verification to prove that you are under the age of 16. And if you had no proof of your age (how many 14 and 15 year olds carry around a photo ID anyway?) then you had to pay the adult prices. Yet the very same people needed ID to buy cigarettes too. They just like to screw around with teenagers. That's my conclusion about the prices of things and stuff.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Thank god for cheap off-license stores, the one near me served me alcohol when i was 15 and in school uniform XD The train conductor believed me when i said I was 15, even tough I had a beard at the time and a few bottles of booze in a plastic bag next to me (T'was heading to a small get together in Gourlston, near Gt Yarmouth) Funnily enough, the booze was brought at the train station XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back