• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    My perspective is important too! ):

IN OTHER NEWS.

Britney Spears had gotten completely bald and got a couple of new tattoos. Of course, the world HAS to know about this "celebrity news." :/s

Persona

Banned
    Years
    IN OTHER NEWS.

Britney Spears had gotten completely bald and got a couple of new tattoos. Of course, the world HAS to know about this "celebrity news." :/s

Yes, and Britney Spear's reputation is apparently more important than actual news. So she shaved her head, got a few tattoos, and is claimed to be a psycho? Not anything of value to me.

Yeah...and Anna Nicole got embalmed yesterday. Yayz.

What bothers me is why more than one person is claiming to be a father of her daughter? I don't pay much attention to the news, and either my mother or father bother to tell me a bit about it.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    Hitsugaya Toushiro said:
    What bothers me is why more than one person is claiming to be a father of her daughter? I don't pay much attention to the news, and either my mother or father bother to tell me a bit about it.
    Oh, well one guy she used to date is claiming to be the father-then she left him and married some other guy and wanted him to be the father instead (if that even made sense).

I just heard about the Brittany Spears thing XD I don't think she's psycho either, I just think she needs to get out of the spotlight XP

Years
    Brittney Spears is okay, but not that great~
    And way TOO many people claim to be Anna Nicole's kid's father. It's gonna turn into a soap opera, just you wait. XD But you gotta admit, the fact that she married a 90-year old proves that she was desperate for fame and money. XD

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    ugh Britney Spears ain't great...

xD Kannouteki no Yami you're so right. She just wanted fame and money xD

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    "Pretty" are "beautiful" are exactly the same thing. Those adjectives describe a person's facial features. While words like "sexy" and "hot" incorporate a description of the entire body. Also, "sexyness" and "hotness" is also part of an attitude and the way a person presents themselves.

So, you can call someone "pretty" and still not think they're very "sexy."

Hangovers ftl.

You should publish these theories.

Krafty Quill

Banned
    Years
    But you gotta admit, the fact that she married a 90-year old proves that she was desperate for fame and money. XD

I thought that was the obvious bit. I'm sure her husband knew it too, but he was too old to give a damn. He just wanted some action. He literally wanted to go out with a bang. Anna Nicole's image wouldn't have been complete without the multiple possibilities of her child's father. Comes as no surprise to me, given the type of person she's made out to be.

Other rich people like Trump and Hefner practically buy their wives too. The catwalk must be Trump's favourite shopping spot. :P And now there's more news about Britney Spears, just when I thought I'd forgotten about her. Pleh, I'm going to try and turn a blind eye to her shenanigans.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Rich people always abuse thier power. Why can't they spend it on something benefitial? Money and fame...causes too much stress. Yeah we all wanna be rich, but I think living in the privacy of my own home, in a good-sized home, and living it like a normal person (saving money and not spending too much). :\

That news of Britney Spears shaving her head and gettin' a tattoo...I guess she's either gone crazy, or it's a publicity stunt, or both. And have they found out who the father is of Anna Nicole's daughter yet?

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Yeah we all wanna be rich, but I think living in the privacy of my own home, in a good-sized home, and living it like a normal person (saving money and not spending too much). :\

And have they found out who the father is of Anna Nicole's daughter yet?

I don't really care about being rich, as long as I'm not living down the streets begging for a living, then I'm fine.

Well, Kylie said it was the oldest male who gave her the fortune in the first place, but I'm not sure if she's correct. Nor am I sure. I didn't bother knowing more about the situation.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I don't understand why people are so wrapped up in Anna Nicole, or Britney Spears or any other celebrity for that matter. The Entertainment Tonight show on television always makes me laugh when I come across it. How can you have nothing better to do with your time than follow around celebrities and gossip about their lives? They're humans living life just like any of the rest of us. I really don't know what the big deal is...

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    It's all down to the media. Media glamorizes celebrity life and culture and actively encourages worship of these "better" people.

It's a crock of crap to me. I basically treat celebrity life as what not to if I ever get into a position like that. It seems that the media loves celebrities that display the least amount of common sense and level headedness. The -true- celebrity role models are rarely mentioned in day to day media, but idiots like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lyndsey Lohan make the news just for being blindly drunk. One of the few celebrities I have respect for is Will Smith, that's how a true celebrity should be.

Hitsugaya said:
    Well, Kylie said it was the oldest male who gave her the fortune in the first place, but I'm not sure if she's correct. Nor am I sure. I didn't bother knowing more about the situation.
    She never actually got that money, though. There was still a legal battle between her and the old dude's family about how his money should be shared, but she died before she even got to spend the money she had "earned" by doinking a relic.

She left everything to her baby in her will, so once the lawyers finally come to an agreement, her share of the money will go in to a trust fund for him.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    It's all down to the media. Media glamorizes celebrity life and culture and actively encourages worship of these "better" people.

It's a crock of crap to me. I basically treat celebrity life as what not to if I ever get into a position like that. It seems that the media loves celebrities that display the least amount of common sense and level headedness. The -true- celebrity role models are rarely mentioned in day to day media, but idiots like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton and Lyndsey Lohan make the news just for being blindly drunk. One of the few celebrities I have respect for is Will Smith, that's how a true celebrity should be.

Yeah, and there are actually people out there, believe it or not, that have so little common sense that they will buy into it and pay money to read about it or watch it or whatever. It's pretty sad with everything that is going on in the world today...all the war, terrorism, disease, political issues, economical issues, environmental issues...and Britney Spears' bald head is what we hear about first.

I'd have to agree, Will Smith is a pretty good role model. He's a pretty good musician and a great actor, followed by being a great family man. Pretty good combination if you ask me. And you don't hear about him out partying and such either.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Yeah, and there are actually people out there, believe it or not, that have so little common sense that they will buy into it and pay money to read about it or watch it or whatever. It's pretty sad with everything that is going on in the world today...all the war, terrorism, disease, political issues, economical issues, environmental issues...and Britney Spears' bald head is what we hear about first.
    I am well aware of that, sadly. I have quite a few female friends that talk about nothing but celebrities and their lives. The whole thing is just boring.

I don't care where work shy rich people go to get drunk. I don't care which actresses have cellulite. I don't care who's sleeping with who. And I definitely don't care which spoiled idiots are checking themselves into Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous because they can't control themselves.

Don't get me wrong, there's only so many terrorism and political stories I can take a day, but there are plenty of other stories that deserve recognition. Stories about normal people and their traumas and accomplishments (especially the latter, the news doesn't always have to be miserable) deserve to be more recognised, in my opinion. Instead, they get a tiny article in the corner of the newspaper while Britney's bald head adorns the front page and four full pages on two national newspapers. >_>

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Dawson said:
    I am well aware of that, sadly. I have quite a few female friends that talk about nothing but celebrities and their lives. The whole thing is just boring.

I don't care where work shy rich people go to get drunk. I don't care which actresses have cellulite. I don't care who's sleeping with who. And I definitely don't care which spoiled idiots are checking themselves into Alcoholics Anonymous or Narcotics Anonymous because they can't control themselves.

I agree completely. 'Nuff said.

Dawson said:
    Don't get me wrong, there's only so many terrorism and political stories I can take a day, but there are plenty of other stories that deserve recognition. Stories about normal people and their traumas and accomplishments (especially the latter, the news doesn't always have to be miserable) deserve to be more recognised, in my opinion. Instead, they get a tiny article in the corner of the newspaper while Britney's bald head adorns the front page and four full pages on two national newspapers. >_>

Sure, nobody enjoys picking up a newspaper and reading about the negative things going on in the world. We can't just ignore the problems though. My local news station here at college and at home tries to include stories about normal people, but most of the time it just ends up being ridiculous. I could care less about a groomer taking their dog to a dog show or a bunch of kids building a giant igloo out of snow. I could care less about someone who teaches a squirrel to water ski. A boy who goes undefeated in wrestling season with only one leg is something that actually impresses and interests me. The media really needs to learn where to draw the line.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Sure, nobody enjoys picking up a newspaper and reading about the negative things going on in the world. We can't just ignore the problems though. My local news station here at college and at home tries to include stories about normal people, but most of the time it just ends up being ridiculous. I could care less about a groomer taking their dog to a dog show or a bunch of kids building a giant igloo out of snow. I could care less about someone who teaches a squirrel to water ski. A boy who goes undefeated in wrestling season with only one leg is something that actually impresses and interests me. The media really needs to learn where to draw the line.
    Yeah, the stupid stories annoy me too. I just think it's the journalists/publishers being lazy, having space to fill and not wanting to go out and find some real stories.

As I said, there are plenty of people who have had some amazing achievements and accomplishments go virtually unknown just because they are given a tiny four inch column in a newspaper/magazine or a fleeting mention on TV/radio while unimportant stories dominate.

Take today's newspaper in England for the priorities of the media, I have one next to me. There are four stories divided over the front page.

2/3 of the page is dominated by "The real Coleen story - Exclusive: Pages 12 & 13" and is about a professional footballer's (soccer player) girlfriend vowing to marry him despite him having an affair with a 50something year old hooker.

Just under 1/3 of the page is Britney AGAIN, with "Full story, pages Four and Five."

In the top left corner is a small mention of a fight two soccer players had over a karaoke song.

And finally, crammed into the bottom left corner of the page is a small mention about the governments new plan to jail gun wielding youths for five years. That story got just about one square inch of the front page.

..I hate our media.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Yeah, the stupid stories annoy me too. I just think it's the journalists/publishers being lazy, having space to fill and not wanting to go out and find some real stories.

As I said, there are plenty of people who have had some amazing achievements and accomplishments go virtually unknown just because they are given a tiny four inch column in a newspaper/magazine or a fleeting mention on TV/radio while unimportant stories dominate.

Take today's newspaper in England for the priorities of the media, I have one next to me. There are four stories divided over the front page.

2/3 of the page is dominated by "The real Coleen story - Exclusive: Pages 12 & 13" and is about a professional footballer's (soccer player) girlfriend vowing to marry him despite him having an affair with a 50something year old hooker.

Just under 1/3 of the page is Britney AGAIN, with "Full story, pages Four and Five."

In the top left corner is a small mention of a fight two soccer players had over a karaoke song.

And finally, crammed into the bottom left corner of the page is a small mention about the governments new plan to jail gun wielding youths for five years. That story got just about one square inch of the front page.

..I hate our media.

Wow. o.O That seems worse than our newspapers here in America. There will always be one or two small questionable articles on the front page, but for the most part they get relatively important stuff on page uno. I should go grab a free paper from the basket down the hall and type up what we were presented with in today's news. XD

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    Our local newspapers are better, they focus solely on the events of the area, with the local politicians and local sports etc. Even then, though, we still get celebrity garbage in there. And those Hollywood "superstars" are thousands of miles away from our rundown city, so it's hardly "local."

And we get a lot of those stupid stories in the local papers too, like a guy who made a sculpture of his pet with sugar cubes. His next big ambition is to go and find a better hobby.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    And we get a lot of those stupid stories in the local papers too, like a guy who made a sculpture of his pet with sugar cubes. His next big ambition is to go and find a better hobby.

What's wrong with that?! I make sugar cube sculptures all the time. ;D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back