• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

»» February Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    It wouldn't be if you guys stopped pointing out the same message. XD

Well, people tend to repeat themselves from time to time, mainly just to get their message through, or along those lines. :\

Twilight Sky said:
    Let's talk about profiles and stuff.

Profiles? You mean online. Nothing too interesting there - just have a look at mine, and that's that. Well, profiles online aren't always true, but it gives an idea of what we're like, just by reading how we 'profile' ourselves.

Where do they keep the permanent records of people anyways? :nervous:

EDIT: Darn I post too slow! >.<

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
    Well, people tend to repeat themselves from time to time, mainly just to get their message through, or along those lines. :\

Profiles? You mean online. Nothing too interesting there - just have a look at mine, and that's that. Well, profiles online aren't always true, but it gives an idea of what we're like, just by reading how we 'profile' ourselves.

Where do they keep the permanent records of people anyways? :nervous:

EDIT: Darn I post too slow! >.<

I don't think they keep permanent records on the internet...it would cause high leveled hackers to get into the system. If it involves school records...most people don't even try to hack into them. At least not from what I hear because you dont hear much about hacking into the school's system.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well that's how many you used in that post. Quite a lot, to be honest.

But I'm sure you've been told, like most people have, that what the media says isn't always true. Your views aren't up-to-date... one question though-- does your mother stay at home and tidy up all the time? Is your dad a lazy lay about who does all the work, comes home, and demands a dirty plate? I doubt it.

It doesn't? Well can you give me a definition of what you think 'good looking' is and what 'pretty' is? Thanks.

That is alot..hmm, I'll try something then.

I don't live with my mum or dad.

Good looking is hawt, and pretty is beautiful.

Profiles to me are advanced signatures..just there to add more data.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    You don't live with your parents Nica? Is that a bad thing? :\

Anyways, I think kawaii is adorable, hawt is sexy, beautiful is bliss and handsome is what I am! :P

To think people have records of us...I don't feel comfortable. :( I hope I don't grow up living in a world where everyone's movements are being monitored...that would suck! D:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It could be. Depends whether I feel they were nessacary. But normally, no, I don't like/need them.

Your handsome? XDDD. Funniest thing I've heard today..um no second funniest. Though I can't really judge because I don't know how you look.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    Well, by the time I'm out enough, I'll be off, but I'll visit my mother whenever I can. :\

You DON'T want to see me IRL!! :P Well, maybe my crush, BUT DEFINATELY NOT ME!! >.< Kidding, kidding. But seriously, posting a picture of myself IRL online would be a terrible breech to the protocol of privacy.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't understand one bit of the first part you said. Or maybe I just don't understand anything.

Um..okay, I was just saying, sheesh, you don't have to get all like that. I don't care........much. XD
    But I look worse on the internet than I do IRL.

Drummershuff

Ultimate Blargification
    Years
    That is alot..hmm, I'll try something then.

I don't live with my mum or dad.

Good looking is hawt, and pretty is beautiful.

Profiles to me are advanced signatures..just there to add more data.
    Okay, but do you live with an adult male and female? And even if you don't, I'm sure one of your friends do, and I'm sure you won't be able to say that the mum does all the cleaning and stuff, and that dad is lazy etc.

Pretty and beautiful are two different things. O_o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Um, Even though I don't live with my parents..That's what happens, because my mum lives with my half-brothers and cooks and cleans, and my dad lives with someone else as he's as lazy as. The house is messy too.

Well the what would you call pretty then?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
    "Pretty" are "beautiful" are exactly the same thing. Those adjectives describe a person's facial features. While words like "sexy" and "hot" incorporate a description of the entire body. Also, "sexyness" and "hotness" is also part of an attitude and the way a person presents themselves.

So, you can call someone "pretty" and still not think they're very "sexy."

Hangovers ftl.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    "Pretty" are "beautiful" are exactly the same thing. Those adjectives describe a person's facial features. While words like "sexy" and "hot" incorporate a description of the entire body. Also, "sexyness" and "hotness" is also part of an attitude and the way a person presents themselves.

So, you can call someone "pretty" and still not think they're very "sexy."

Hangovers ftl.

To me, "pretty" and "beautiful" are different. Being beautiful means that you are more attractive than being pretty, and being beautiful, to me, should only be used to describe the person as a whole, and not just their physical looks.
    When someone says "You are beautiful," I think of it as being used to describe the person as a whole.. because "beautiful" is a very powerful word, in my opinion.

And yeah, to me, "hotness" is used to describe a person's looks as a whole: Their face and body. And "pretty" is just used to describe their facial attrativeness~
    "Sexy" is both action and attitude, in my opinion, but there's a line between "sexy" and "whorish"~ Because someone who thinks they're sexy could in fact just be whorish ._. But that's just my opinion~
    ._. So neh~~

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    To me, "pretty" and "beautiful" are different. Being beautiful means that you are more attractive than being pretty, and being beautiful, to me, should only be used to describe the person as a whole, and not just their physical looks.
    When someone says "You are beautiful," I think of it as being used to describe the person as a whole.. because "beautiful" is a very powerful word, in my opinion.

And yeah, to me, "hotness" is used to describe a person's looks as a whole: Their face and body. And "pretty" is just used to describe their facial attrativeness~
    "Sexy" is both action and attitude, in my opinion, but there's a line between "sexy" and "whorish"~ Because someone who thinks they're sexy could in fact just be whorish ._. But that's just my opinion~
    ._. So neh~~

Indeed, well said Kura. 'Beautiful' is definitely a more powerful word than 'pretty'. 'Pretty' and 'sexy' are terms that are more associated with physical features, whereas 'beautiful' is a more encompassing term.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    Indeed, well said Kura. 'Beautiful' is definitely a more powerful word than 'pretty'. 'Pretty' and 'sexy' are terms that are more associated with physical features, whereas 'beautiful' is a more encompassing term.

X3 Ah, well thanks MegaFuz~ :3 It's nice that there's someone who can relate to what I'm saying~
    @@ But yeah.. that's just how I feel about it o.o;;~

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    From the way I heard "pretty" and "beautiful" being used, I say that "pretty" is described more towards a young person, possibly a teenager or young adult. "Beautiful" probably more to a fully matured adult. So I believe they're separate adjectives, but a little close.

"Pretty" can also be used as and adverb, describing something as fair and moderate. "Beautiful" seems to be more of a stronger and more meaningful adjective than "pretty." Somewhat more so sophisticated.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back