• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

“Naruto Shippûden” to air on Disney XD

Vernikova

Banned
Years
  • Holy. ****.

The Hollywood Reporter reported that Disney XD will air the next series in the Naruto franchise. Too bad not many homes receive this channel but contact your local provider for more information. Anyway, Disney XD has aired some PG-V movies in the past so the edits might not be plentyful. Too bad most people aren't going to read that last sentence, just read the title, and over-react. Maybe they'll pick up One Piece too.

Notes:
    • This is to start airing on Oct. 28 with 4 episodes on the premiere. The 4 episodes have yet to be confirmed though so that is something to look forward to.
    • It will air weekly on Wednesdays.
    • Disney Channel isn't Disney XD. They're two different channels so don't get confused.

Last edited:

Usagi-Chan~

What are you doing my love?
    Years
    • Age 26
    • US
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    Baka Viz

They better not censor the heck out of it or I shall go into Angry Naruto Fanboy mode!

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • Pardon me but what in the bloody hell....?
    Actually I half don't mind this. I'm having mixed emotions.

And yes I did read that last sentence, and I had to delete my comment towards Viz I was just about to make. :p

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I had to do a double take on this. This is unexpected! I was thinking it probably won't be on tv and be on DVD only. Dang, this is pretty good news. I really don't care if Disney edit some stuff out from the anime. As long they don't take out arcs like 4Kids did with One Piece. Make it consistent. But I have a feeling it won't get edited too much. Which it is good. Well looking forward to see if Disney can make Shippuuden a success on tv. ^_^

You buried your own grave CN. That is what you get! Now you are eating your own words...lol. Open mouth and insert foot.

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Well, this is unexpected. I'd trust Disney over CN any day, though, so I think it'll turn out well good for Naruto fans.

Bagel

Live Long, laugh forever
    Years
  • OMG no way!!

Yays a reason to watch disney! that would be awsome, hope it doesnt air like super late at night though.

THey better not cesnor it that much, naruto's language is half the fun. ;)

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • I'm glad that the American youth of today will get to know about Shippuden. It's not the best show in the world, but I think it's much better than the stuff they show on CN. Adult Swim doesn't count. >.>

On the other hand, they are totally going to ruin Hidan! D:<

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    NARUTO ON DISNEY!!
    WTF!?!!!
    O____O
    THIS IS BLASPHEMY!
    THIS IS MADNESS!

THIS IS..... A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!

He has said it all xD
    but yeah, i watch the subbed versions as i prefer them, so this wont affect me much. Plus i don't have Disney XD.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I'm glad that the American youth of today will get to know about Shippuden. It's not the best show in the world, but I think it's much better than the stuff they show on CN. Adult Swim doesn't count. >.>

On the other hand, they are totally going to ruin Hidan! D:<

Man, I never thought about that. They really are going ruin Hidan.
    That's a shame too. Such a epic scene where Shikamaru's all like "I am your god" or whatever.

;_;

Bay

Years
  • Haha, I think that would happen too. Hidan's dirty mouth is what everyone loves about him. D:

Anyways, don't think that would affect me that much either since I don't have Disney XD and also I prefer the sub version.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I think everyone is overreacting just a tad. It hasn't come on yet and people are already complaining about it. x.x Well in other forums and message boards I came across. It is total insanity! I have Disney XD because I have digital cable. If you have digital cable you are most likely have Disney XD. I am going to watch it when I get a chance to. Unlike some people who are already criticizing it, I am not. I am going to watch it and see it for myself. I have a feeling it isn't going to get edited a lot. Only a little bit. We shall see. Maybe Disney changed for the better...

And these are the same people who complained that Shippuuden needed to be on tv. And now they are complaining that it is in the wrong channel! They should be happy that it is coming on tv! Dang!

Last edited:

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I think everyone is overreacting just a tad. It hasn't come on yet and people are already complaining about it. x.x Well in other forums and message boards. It is total insanity! I have Disney XD because I have digital cable. If you have digital cable you are most likely have Disney XD. I am going to watch it when I get a chance to. Unlike some people who are already criticizing it, I am not. I am going to watch it and see it for myself. I have a feeling it isn't going to get edited a lot. Only a little bit. We shall see. Maybe Disney changed for the better...

And these are the same people who complained that Shippuuden needed to be on tv. And now they are complaining that it is in the wrong channel! They should be happy that it is coming on tv! Dang!

That channel is only available on digital cable? :(
    I think i'mma have to call time warner to see what they can hook me up with. As embarrassing as that's going to be, nineteen year old male wanting disney XD.

I've seen some of the subbed version of shippuden, and it's kinda of dissapointing. It's very low-brow seeing as an episode is thrown together in a week. I'd still be interested in seeing it, though. I miss watching it on Toonami back in the day.

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah it is available digital cable and maybe satellite. I am not so sure. Yeah anyone who have basic cable won't have it. D: I feel sorry for everyone who are looking forward of watching it on tv, but they don't have the channel. ;; That isn't fair, but I guess that is where the DVDs come in. Or try calling your cable provider to get the channel.

Some people are giving it a chance while others are complaining and being mad about it. Sheesh...let the madness end! Til at least you watched the first few episodes. Then you can complain all you like. Those people in those message boards and forums need to calm down! I am glad everyone is calm here. ^_^

I do miss watching Naruto back in Toonami too. And I usually will watch the sub version anyway. But I would love to watch the dub version. ^^

Sonata.EXE

Net navi
    Years
  • My Op and I have been wondering...whys did they stop showing it on cartoonnetwork? I remember cartoon network still showed the naruto movie *the 3rds one* a few weeks ago...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I think maybe CN still have the rights to air the movie. That is what I been hearing. I would like to know why they stopped showing Naruto though. The last episode they aired was 209. Well it is their loss. They had Shippuuden in their grasp, but Disney XD took it away from them. That is what they get. I have a feeling it will do well in Disney XD. Probably not like Naruto in CN, but it will do.

Back