• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

† Sinnoh Victors † - The Fourth Generation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
    Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2022
    I have officially fallen in love with Lopunny :O

That is SOOOO beautiful. The eyes!! xD
    Guess that crosses Leafeon/Glaceon/Froslass off the list of the most beautiful 4th Generation Pokemon for me! Actually, I still think Leafeon's more beautifuler haha
    Leafeon is awesome too, but I like Lopunny better. ;D

Between Leafeon and Glaceon, I think Glaceon is the better of the two. :P

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
    Why all the hate for Probopass?

Who am I kidding? Looking back at the list of all Gen IV pokemon, I realized that probopass is certainly my least favorite of the bunch. Horrid design, failure of a mustache, SUPER MARIO RIP-OFF, no movepool. Yeah, sucks to be him really.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Miaa I couldn't agree with you more, the Lopunny/Buneary family is the best! x] I think Dawn having one kind of helps though x]

Ownership has been transferred to Olli97!

Enjoy! :)

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years

New topic: 'Which is your least favourite Gen IV Pokemon?'

As you can probably tell from above, mines Spiritomb! I have no real problem with it's abilities as a Pokemon, I just think the concept and design are awful x]
    I have to agree with you on Spiritomb. The first thing I thought about it was how horrid its design was, it actually just seems like a quick mashup because of a lack of creativity and ideas.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    My least favorite gen IV pokemon???
    RE-GI-GI-GAS
    It's so.... fat and ugly.
    I don't like any of the Regi's... but thats just me.
    At least Pyrobopass had a nose!

miltankRancher

Years
    My least favorite gen IV pokemon???
    RE-GI-GI-GAS
    It's so.... fat and ugly.
    I don't like any of the Regi's... but thats just me.
    At least Pyrobopass had a nose!

Regigigas actually appeals to me. So far, he is the only Regi I took a liking too. But his... uhmm... bulkiness kind of fail. He's not that cute compared tp bulky snorllax or blissey.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
    Ugggh.. I hate you Arceus. I hate hate hate hate you. Your a goat that's stuck in a hoop, and you stole Mews job as god.
    %#^{}[#{€£~¥

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    Ugggh.. I hate you Arceus. I hate hate hate hate you. Your a goat that's stuck in a hoop, and you stole Mews job as god.
    %#^{}[#{€£~¥

This too...the only thing I like about it is it's ability to look like it's on psychedelic drugs... with all the color changing you know.
    I too, am kind of upset with it stealing Mews thunder.

Olli

Years
    I honestly felt like it stole Mewtwo's fame more than any other's, as Mewtwo was famous for being the strongest, most powerful Pokémon in all of the world, though suddenly the Pokémon world recieves a god and he loses all his fame. Mew was never really any type of god, more an extinct Pokémon which of there were only a few left, yet the fact that it was so rare was what made it earn that reputation, so I honestly picture it as a little god myself.

I also hated the design of Arceus. It's design is just so plain ugly and I can't seem to find out whether it was a lack of creativity or just a bad designer who came up with that idea, 'cause it doesn't look like a god at all imo.

miltankRancher

Years
    Arceus. He does not look like a god either. he looks like a horse, about to take a dump. i mean, its design sucks. I LIEK MEWTWO WAY BETTER.

anyway, I made a userbar.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Arceus. He does not look like a god either. he looks like a horse, about to take a dump. i mean, its design sucks. I LIEK MEWTWO WAY BETTER.

Look more as a goat than a horse to me..and love the userbar!

Yes, Mewtwo over Arceus anyday. Arceus is just.....overrated with its stats. 120 in all of them? It needs to give some to Phione so we have more Pokemon with 100's other than the extinct ones that we already have xD

Kidding..but seriously. Arceus doesn't really bother me. I would just NOT use it at all if it bugged me. Storyline for the Anime is overrated anyway, they don't keep things lined up properly. Mew/Mewtwo is my Pokemon God :)

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Feb 1, 2016
    For me Arceus is god because it looks like god and Mewtwo is just strong Mew clone.

Last edited:

Olli

Years

Very nice userbar, mR. I'll add it to the list in a second n_n

@Xeberos
    I honestly don't see what it is that makes Arceus look like a god. There's not really anything that makes it stand out from any other legendary Pokémon, except for the uncreative design. Mewtwo seems closer to a god than any other Pokémon, even though it isn't a legit Pokémon. This also leads to a new topic, so here goes.

Do you think Arceus deserves the title of Pokémon God?
    Please include reasons to why he should/shouldn't and if not, which other Pokémon do you think should've been a God?

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
    Years
    @Xeberos
    I honestly don't see what it is that makes Arceus look like a god. There's not really anything that makes it stand out from any other legendary Pokémon, except for the uncreative design. Mewtwo seems closer to a god than any other Pokémon, even though it isn't a legit Pokémon. This also leads to a new topic, so here goes.
    Mewtwo does not look like a god to me and I do not know what it is uncreative about Arceus. >.<

Olli

Years
    That's exactly it, neither Arceus or Mewtwo looks like a god, though I just see Mewtwo as more of a god because it was the original strongest Pokémon, though Arceus ruined its fame, so I don't like Arceus that much. As for Arceus design, you're right, it's not downright uncreative, though isn't exactly creative either. When they're making a Pokémon that's supposed to be the god of the world, they should at least put a lot of time into making its design. I find it hard to believe that that much time has been spent on Arceus' design. :I

BZW Golem

Conspirator~
    Years
    Name: BZW Golem
    Partner Pokemon: Linu the Shinx
    Reason for Joining: Generation IV is not ma favourite one.. but It has a bunch of awesome pokemon :D
    And It was the first one with WiFi, so the first one that got me into "OMG, online playing!!".
    So I have some sentiment for It because of that XD

About Arceus... I really don't like the idea of a "Pokemon God".
    Mostly because after they made a god I was sure that It was the end of pokemon, that nothing more could be made O,o
    After they have made a next gen, I felt like this god was not "absolute" enough :<

miltankRancher

Years
    Do you think Arceus deserves the title of Pokémon God?
    Please include reasons to why he should/shouldn't and if not, which other Pokémon do you think should've been a God?

Even though I hate to say it, I think he deserves the title. Wait hear me out!

No matter how much we complain (I mean, I complain) how crappy he looks, how Mewtwo is the far better legendary, and how overrated he is, we cannot deny the fact that he created the world. Time, Spacem anti-matter, emotions, knowledge, willpower; everything can be traced back to him. We cannot deny that, no matter how we criticize him. We could, should, at least give him credit for all that, so I think he deserves it.

But Mewtwo is still the better legendary. If only he has all this mystic lore behind him, then the Pokemon World will be a better place.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
    NO, ARCEUS DOES NOT DESERVE IT!!!
    I swear the world has gone crazy. They think that this thing is actually a good Pokemon. Mew is the rightful god of Pokemon. The only reason people disagree with this is because of all the folklore that Arceus has behind him, like Miltank said. The reason why Mew and Mewtwo dont have that is because Gen 1 was so simple. That's what makes it so special. Today we're stuck with Pokemon that are so overcomplicated that they don't even make sense, like Yamask and Musharna. What are they?! In Gen 1, it was so basic. Ekans was a snake, Geodude was a rock and Arcanine was a dog. Since it was so simple they didnt need folklore for Mew. It just made sense.

Olli

Years
    Well I personally don't think he deserves the title at all, no matter what his background is, because of course Gamefreak decided that they wanted a God and gave him a story and stuff, though he was introduced 4 generations in. If they ever wanted to make a Pokémon God, they should've done it if they chose to end the series of games. Now it'll be harder to make up legendaries who stand up to his level, which will just result in getting desperate results of legendaries. I know B/W did pretty well, but we can't expect that to hold up, which is why I don't think he deserves the title of god.
    And as Golem said, I don't think the Pokémon world should have a God, as it just kind of ruins the concept of all the other legendaries, making them seem much more worthless :<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back