• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: ••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••

Status
Not open for further replies.

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I made a support banner.

••• Pokémon Green Tree Edition •••

Code:
    https://img261.imageshack.us/img261/7066/greentreeeditional2.png

Remember, I am in your team, so I can make graphics for the front page ;).

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
    Years
    love the banner crashlink, and i was gonna ask for a venasaur sig just b4 i saw the banner lol....

well i guess my novelty text banners r gonna die out soon now ;P

Mew88

Flamethrower!
    Years
    Wow, good idea. I just might do that. Thanks! ^^

Oh, and we finally got the new tiles and palettes! Now I gotta give you a screenshot, right?

Ignore the text, as I have not edited yet.

Wow really? I hope you do, ive really wanted to put that beginning into a hack but im no use at scripting!

Also the new trees are really good! Are you planning on using the house tiles or you going to change those?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Even though the new font certainly means a change and it makes the hack look more original, I don't know, I think after a while people may start getting annoyed with how it looks... Makes the game's text look as if it were done by a 5 years old kid... O.o

The new palettes are fine, however, I always have a problem with that patch of grass around the signpost. I would have gone for something with a palette variation there.

[EDIT]: The problem is just that it uses the same palettes as the main grass, if you can make it with a different palette, it'll add variation to the maps (variation makes the game better)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    Really..? but those grasses looks fine for me, well, at least for me...

And the text, well, I think I can stick with those letters. :P

SilentWing

クロバット
    Years
    The text does look a bit jumpy. It's a way of adding some variation to the text system, but too much variation contributes to a jumbled effect.

The grass looks great, but could use a slightly different shade of green.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    *sigh* Where do I start? OK... let's start with the thing that Zel said about the grass.

Grass
    I changed the grass palettes and everything! Now it blends in with the colors of the trees more than the ground.

Font
    Yeah, I did them by mistake. If there is anyone willing to change the font to make it closer to FR's, then that would be awesome!

New Tiles?
    That's right, we didn't get new palettes, but tiles! Thanks to *Neos* for the tree tiles. :D
    Here's a screenshot:

Other News
    Well, thanks, Crashink for the wonderful banner! I'll credit you and put it in the main thread. :)

Oh and I might be in a good mood and give you guys an Alpha/Pre-Alpha by the end of 2007 or the beginning of 2008.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Thanks, PokéHacker Omega.
    Currently, Crashink is fixing the tiles and palettes for me, as these ones are fairly glitchy.

Trust me, they look fine in the screenshots I show you, but they are very glitchy if I were to go out in the Routes and stuff. xD

Last edited:

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hey!
    Hows it going?
    looks great!
    Ahhh...
    Can't wait for the Beta!
    So how much progress have you made(If I may ask)?
    And about the font....I kinda like it....!
    Well,
    I wish you the best of luck!

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Pretty good, Blaziken. Yeah, the beta won't come for maybe another 1-3 months, but the Pre-Alpha/Alpha might come by the end of 2007 or beginning of 2008, as it can be a New Year's/Christmas present to the whole (Hacks Showcase) community, huh?

Anyways, I'll have to wait for Crashink to be done, which won't be until tomorrow or maybe even after. While we're all waiting, I'll create some sprites that will go in the game to improvise. :D

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    sprites, ei..?
    heh.., since you're an amazing spriter, it'll be looking great then. Can't wait to see them. :D

and a Christmas/New Year present, wow, thanks in advance. :D

best of luck~

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    I don't think I can have the gym done, though the PC Mart and Houses I can..

Sorry :S.

edit:

The tiles aren't going to work out, I inserted them and changed the palettes but they don't match.. Sorry.

(Thats why I hate working with Kyledove Tiles..)

Last edited:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Esmas, don't rush it. You've just started with the project, and you are still trying to find the best palettes and tiles. If you try to make a very early release, then people will misjudge your work. So, keep working till the alpha/beta is at a good level (and specially, try to put some scripts before any release... Else, it'll just be Ruby...)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
    Crashink said:
    The tiles aren't going to work out, I inserted them and changed the palettes but they don't match.. Sorry.
    No problem, no problem. I didn't really need them, I just wanted them to be a little addition. So it's okay. :D

zel said:
    Esmas, don't rush it. You've just started with the project, and you are still trying to find the best palettes and tiles. If you try to make a very early release, then people will misjudge your work. So, keep working till the alpha/beta is at a good level (and specially, try to put some scripts before any release... Else, it'll just be Ruby...)
    Thanks for the good criticism, Zel. But, the only reason I wanted to give an early release by about the end of 2007 or the beginning of 2008 is because I just wanted to give the public a little taste of how the graphics will feel; and obviously, I will add some new scripts.

Okay, I've got a little update...
    The player will now start in the player's room! It is still a bit glitched, but if anyone has some experiences with completely copying the default player's room to be the truck, then tell me. Here are the problems I am having:

1. When you start, the truck will shake (like normal, I know it is impossible to change), and then that clicking noise (which opens the door to the right) will go, but instead of that a tile on the map will change (a door tile, I believe).

2. The border block is purple. :3 (I'd like it black :P)

If anyone can help out, reply to this message!

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    It is very simple to change the border blocks unto black.
    Use the second black tile for the border here...
    Spoiler:

And I do think the moving truck animation can't be removed...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back