• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★☆ The Incredibly Wandering Thread ☆★ [v5.0]

Years
    I used to live in a school and I think it would be perfect place for Phantump to live in. A true haunted school.

Slakoth would also work in real world, because it's basically a sloth.

Some favorites of mine are Flareon, Cinccino, Mareep, and Raichu.. only Cinccino and Raichu I feel like are feasible to own. Flareon can have a very high body temperature so I'm not sure it'd be safe to keep around all the time, fire types in general are risky. :x Mareep likely isn't something that can thrive indoors either and would probably live best with a lot of space and in a herd. Cinccino and Raichu seem like they'd do more okay as pets in a house, provided I am careful with the electricity.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I think I'd have problems with that. A lot of my favorites are undomesticateable ones. Celebi, for example, belongs in a forest and not an apartment. Phione is also a sea dweller so that's where it should stay.

I don't know any favorite atm that could easily live at home as a pet...maybe Espeon?
    Yes to all my favorites. I'd probably keep the smaller ones like the eeveelutions indoors, and the bigger ones like Aurorus outside. Though I'd need to make something to take shelter from the sun for it. I live in a rural area though, plenty of room!
    What if Aurorus comes with its Snow Warning ability? :3

I wouldn't mind some nice chilly hail when it's hot out =3

Ohh, good point. This is a good reason to keep an ice type around haha. But at the same time to keep them comfortable I'd need to run the aircon at a low temperature pretty much all day.. I think that would end up costing more than it would to just run the aircon when it's hot out, lol.

bez850

Professional Amateur
    Years
    • Seen May 22, 2023
    Yes!!! I'd have an Umbreon for sure. It's name would be Maleficent.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I could see all the eevee forms being decent pets.

Jolteon might be rough according to these dex entries

"It accumulates negative ions in the atmosphere to blast out 10000-volt lightning bolts."

"A sensitive Pokémon that easily becomes sad or angry. Every time its mood changes, it charges power."

Years
    booting this thread to the SV section!

we can have a little fun discussion about the upcoming games + everyone's thoughts on it so far. c:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    kinda hoping we get starter final forms and typings soon, that's all I really need at this point

Years
    I had positive feelings towards the games since they were revealed, but the newest trailer killed almost all interest I had in them. Out of three possible paths you can experience in the game, one is glorified fetch quest, one seems like generic base battles like in most Ubisoft games, and the final one is the regular Pokémon adventure. I have a bad feeling about this, especially if there is no level scaling.

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    I'll just say this then: I really hope that Pokémon Scarlet and Violet has my favorites, which includes my favorite starter Pokémon that barely get a chance to shine on the Nintendo Switch titles, that all my favorite legendaries would be included, including Reshiram, and that Pokémon such as Kyogre, if in the game, get nerfed. Drizzle combined with Water Spout and Kyogre's ridiculously high stats is still way too powerful, Game Freak. What were you thinking!? Shame on you!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Feels cautiously optimistic. Likes the freedom of choice. Depends how fleshed out the three paths are.

Also, will you be overpowered for the other paths if you focus on one? Hm. Potentially sidesteps the problem by raising three teams. Defeats the Champion with two from each team.

Years
    It's not particularly drawn me in with what's revealed so far, but I'm confident I'll still find some new favorites when I play it once it's released.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    As for general thoughts on gen9, had I not said it before, well, I'm very excited! The one thing previously that didn't excite me was hearing the leak that the starter I was gonna pick ending up with an atrocious typing.
    Spoiler:
    But what made me fine with it was the fact I know the game is guaranteed to be balls easy, because like Janp said, the multiple story paths and knowing The Pokemon Company I think there won't be any level scaling to speak of. Which is good because for a reason that even I'm unsure of why, I want these games to be easy.

Everything actually revealed so far, not bad. I'd like to wait until the games come out to actually form a real opinion, but I can imagine using some of these if they turn out to be interestinb in battle.

I… apologise that this didn't seem as interesting as I hoped. Let me throw in a statement that could make it better (and considering there is not much discussion here regarding the new villian team): am I the only one who is under the impression that the Team Star leader might possibly be non-binary?

Years
    I think a lot of the new ideas look pretty interesting, and a nice shake up for the series, but ultimately I hope they just learn a lot of the lessons they should have from Pokemon Legends: Arceus. PLA changed things up a lot and there are plenty of changes that were drastic and don't need to be permanent for some of the main entries in the series, but so much of what they did with that game breathed a lot of fresh air and new ideas into a franchise that frankly had been getting quite stale, especially after what has felt like a slow and awkward transition into 3D during the past decade. I think the exploration, sense of difficulty, and maybe even some of the battle adjustments could all be great changes present in Scarlet and Violet. Either way, I hope all of the new changes and risks they take in these new games aren't half-baked and add up to a more interesting experience than Sword & Shield was.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    I… apologise that this didn't seem as interesting as I hoped. Let me throw in a statement that could make it better (and considering there is not much discussion here regarding the new villian team): am I the only one who is under the impression that the Team Star leader might possibly be non-binary?

An interesting thought. Actually contains a lot of unclear gender signals in the current cast. Could be part of a more gender-neutral push, alongside the matching player character outfits. Doubts anything explicitly spelled out, but who knows?

Wonders a bit more about Team Star. Never looked closely. Says "Mela is the boss of Team Star's Fire crew, the Schedar Squad." on the official page. Implies crews of other types. Is Team Star a second set of (timed) gym leaders?

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    An interesting thought. Actually contains a lot of unclear gender signals in the current cast. Could be part of a more gender-neutral push, alongside the matching player character outfits. Doubts anything explicitly spelled out, but who knows?

She looks 100% female to me.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I didn't realize how close the release date was.

Feels like it should still be an eternity away rather than one month off.

Back