• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ → The Leave/Absence Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2023
    Weird, to me......

OK, my upcoming & final test is English & because I always get high marks for English, my parents allowed me to use the computer. Yay, now I'm able to post again.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Hello people, I'm leaving PC for at least 2-5 days cause of monthly tests & they're finally over next week. I posted this because some members might get the wrong idea (not to be rude or insulting to Meganium90, in other words, no offense). I'm lucky just to post this here now. See ya all in 2-5 days.

Why would this be rude to me? xD I completely understand about school & everything. You go deal with that, and I'll see you when you get back! Study, study, study!

TY

Im off for a week due to some occasional events at my school (aka stuff i must participate in and i dont want to...)
    So no ShadowExcadrill in the trivia sector and much other stuff...

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Ok might as well come right out and say it.

I'll be taking a break/absence from my forums for a while starting in the morning. I'll be on for the rest of tonight but as soon as I log out and go to bed I'm gone. I have correspondence course that I need to do in order to get into a college. I'd told myself I'd get it done by the end of this school year. Seeing that it's almost May, I need to focus on that more than anything else. I'll be gone for about a week or two and may check a couple times or it may just be a full break. I asked AlexOzzyCake to watch my Dark Type club while I'm gone to keep it active so hopefully he responds soon.

Years
    Ok might as well come right out and say it.

I'll be taking a break/absence from my forums for a while starting in the morning. I'll be on for the rest of tonight but as soon as I log out and go to bed I'm gone. I have correspondence course that I need to do in order to get into a college. I'd told myself I'd get it done by the end of this school year. Seeing that it's almost May, I need to focus on that more than anything else. I'll be gone for about a week or two and may check a couple times or it may just be a full break. I asked AlexOzzyCake to watch my Dark Type club while I'm gone to keep it active so hopefully he responds soon.

I'm gonna miss you Aaron, good luck with your exams and whatnot.

Hoping you come back in a few months...

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2012
    I will be officially leaving PC. As in really leaving.. I'm not gonna be online here anymore because I've been more active on other TCG forums than the ones here. But don't get me wrong, I loved how you all welcomed me when I was still new and I'm going to miss all of that. :( Goodbye, PC...:(

Years
    It's very rare I see someone calling it quits after only 2 months.

Well, good luck with your future careers and your departure marks the end of a friendly friendship.

You will be dearly missed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Wow. I haven't been here in like forever. So I thought, maybe I should come back and see what's going on around here.

I think most of ya won't know my name around here, but I hope to become active again. *crosses fingers*

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Oh hey! You're that one person from the PC IRC!

Welcome back :3 Be sure to reread the rules & such and you'll be fine! Hope to see ya around, and hope you be a little active :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2013
    Oh hey! You're that one person from the PC IRC!

Welcome back :3 Be sure to reread the rules & such and you'll be fine! Hope to see ya around, and hope you be a little active :3

Yeah! I didn't know PC had an IRC so I decided to pop on.

And had a dumb moment. Totally didn't realize this thread was only for leaving. XD

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Nonononono that's okay! You can also use this thread announcing your return. Though a thread sounds quite convenient. You don't really have to make one... you already announced your return anyways. xD

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Not leaving but just saying I'm going on LOA cause of exams the next three weeks, not completely away but just a lottt less ;((

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    Well, I've decided I've done enough of the correspondence course and being on break doesn't help much.

So I'm back for now.

I won't be as active because of the course though, since I'm still working on it. Also my iPod broke so I can only get on when I use my computer. My computer is a family computer so I share it with my two brothers and my dad. But I'll try to be sort of active.

So in conclusion I have returned. ^_^

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I did something terrible.

Very rarely is the world painted in clear black and white and you find yourself in a situation where you can finally tell good from bad without second guessing yourself. That's what I was telling myself the last time I was active here and I used it to justify attacking everyone. Looking back it's a bit weird because, though I can sort of understand why I reached that conclusion, I don't understand how I decided the best response to that train of thought would be to undermine relationships I've made here and cut off ties from people I actually cared about. But that's what I did. I guess people are good at plunging into self-destructive fits of outward loathing and introspective hate. And maybe, just maybe it's natural for us to sometimes go crazy thanks to the hormones messing with our bodies - but that doesn't make it right. That doesn't mean I shouldn't have taken a step back, gone out for a walk and returned, mulling over whether or not this was the right path to take. It doesn't mean I should have unknowingly manipulated my friends into taking advantage of me. It doesn't mean I should have fought against something I've been fighting for - for so long.

What I did wasn't right and for that I apologise. Hopefully each and every one of you (even those who I've never spoken to before) will be able to find it in your hearts to forgive me or if that's too dramatic for your taste, will be able to move on with me.

I didn't know what it was about this forum that kept making me come back, from when I was a power-hungry thirteen-year-old to a socially frustrated fourteen-year-old to a hating machine. I figured it was just part of the magic of an internet addiction. Does that mean every poster here is addicted? I thought so. I don't anymore. Now I realise (cue soft, emotional acoustic guitar music) that the magic was right in front of me but maybe I just wasn't old enough to understand that the integrity of a community is what pulls a forum forward. In retrospect, I was fighting the one thing I wished I could understand.

I've never been good at apologising. It's not a position I usually find myself in. I went through my own personal version of a living purgatory a few months ago though and my conscious has been nibbling away at me, telling me to make right what I did wrong. I've been doing that as best I can and I figure the next best step is to set this issue straight here. There are some people I hurt pretty bad when I went crazy and if you never want to see me again, well, I understand. Throw me on your ignore list, I won't judge you for it. Hey, I'm unsure whether I'd let me go, if I was in your positions. But I really am sorry. I shouldn't have done that. I was just another teenager in a sea of a hundred thousand anonymous internet IDs trying to find some sense of validation.

So, eh, yeah. I don't even know if I'm back for good or just this. I guess it depends on how all of you feel. I can't think of a cool finishing line. I'm going to stop writing now.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    Das cool Rekky, welcome home! I didn't have a whole lot to do with you but I definitely remember you and your... ways haha.

Anyway, stick around for a while. I think enough time's passed now that everybody can forget and move on. :)

Years
    Hey guys, I will be less active here due to studies and duties on other forums.

I will still post, but I won't be as constantly active as I used to be.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Well Rekky, as you can see, I don't know who you are and who you've ever been so if nobody else accepts you I'll give you a chance! Although I'm sure we're already over whatever you did.

Fireworks, I don't think RH will ever be the same again without you. Actually...WERE you in RH? I dun remember.

And Hikari, three forums is enough. Please don't mod any more forums...just a tip. :P

Years
    Well Rekky, as you can see, I don't know who you are and who you've ever been so if nobody else accepts you I'll give you a chance! Although I'm sure we're already over whatever you did.

Fireworks, I don't think RH will ever be the same again without you. Actually...WERE you in RH? I dun remember.

And Hikari, three forums is enough. Please don't mod any more forums...just a tip. :P

I actually mod two forums, I'm actually an admin on both those forums.

And just keep in mind I won't be as active as I used to cos I have studies for most of the week. I am pretty active on certain days, not telling which ones.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back