• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
  • Mega-Beedrill needs to happen!! It would make Beedrill a lot more viable for battle, Technician and Skill Link seem like good choices

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • My vote goes to Technician for sure. Skill Link wouldn't do much for it I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • My vote goes to Technician for sure. Skill Link wouldn't do much for it I don't think, correct me if I'm wrong.
    Fury Attack (and then Pin Missile) is the number one reason to be afraid of Beedrill, usually, so I think Skill Link would be nice. If it didn't have to hold onto a mega stone, imagine Skill Link and Metronome :)

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Hmm...
    Pin Missile is definitely a reason to have that, but Technician gives Aerial Ace a nice boost, which I like using on Beedrill. It's also much more appealing than Fury Attack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Mega Beedrill were to exist, I'd really like its ability to be Moxie, to be honest. xD;; That way, it would never have to worry about using Swords Dance or any other stats-boosting moves, and it would also make up for its lack of Speed. As soon as it takes down an opposing Pokémon, its Attack would get raised, making it all set for sweeping.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Hmm...
    Pin Missile is definitely a reason to have that, but Technician gives Aerial Ace a nice boost, which I like using on Beedrill. It's also much more appealing than Fury Attack.
    It's not Flying-type though, so at best you'd be pumping your Aerial Ace power to 80, whereas Skill Link would ensure a lot more damage.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Moxie, eh? That's an interesting concept. Although it only boosts attack, so if you want more speed, wouldn't you still need Agility?

Aerial Ace would become 90 power, while Fury Attack would get 75 with Skill Link and it doesn't hit anything for double.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Moxie, eh? That's an interesting concept. Although it only boosts attack, so if you want more speed, wouldn't you still need Agility?
    Could still be nice on a Trick Room team... can Beedrill learn Sticky Web? *checks*

EDIT: Oh wow... what Beedrill really needs are some freakin' egg moves!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • That'd be fine except Caterpie and Weedle are both notorious for not being able to learn ANYTHING. Except Bug Bite, which is pretty good with Technician boost. They won't get egg moves.

Fun fact: Upon further research, I discovered Araidos learns Megahorn through breeding. Tell me how something as tiny as Spinarak is going to use that?!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I guess so, but it still seems strange to me, especially since spiders aren't known for using horns. That's why it's Pokémon! :P

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • dart-frog.jpg

So, how about an Electric/Poison type? Seems strong. No clue what it could be based on though. Frogs are always a good catch-all for Poison-type... maybe an Dart Frog?

Could learn Mist, Haze, Rain Dance, Camouflage to represent living in a rain forest.

Learn attack moves similar to Lickitung - Lick, Wring Out, Wrap.

Would probably need a signature move though... maybe a tongue attack that could paralyze or poison.

Ability.... I'm thinking Effect Spore (since contact poison is a thing with rain forest frogs).

4x effective:
    Ground

2x effective:
    Psychic

1/2 effective:
    Electric, Grass, Fight, Flying, Bug, Steel, Fairy

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • An Electric/Poison type sounds really cool, although im having trouble thinking of what it would look like myself.
    The Frog idea works great for the poison typing, but electric?? Maybe if it had a yellow/purple design?
    Camouflage would be a cool move on it, and a signature move is a must.
    Probably some kind of lick attack that is poison type but has a chance of paralyzing?

And HOLY CRAP that Skuntank looks dangerous!!
    Seems like a cool idea though, but i would change his design a bit more, because it looks too much like the regular one

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I was thinking more about it on the way home from work. Electric/Poison could easily be covered by a new Rotom form (maybe showing it a barrel of toxic ooze lol). It might be the new Rotom Wash though... with immunity to Ground-type attacks, its only remaining weakness would be Psychic.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hmm a new Rotom form, another very interesting concept!
    Maybe it would possess some lab appliance? Toxic Waste tank just sounds so non-pokemon xD

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Hmm, an Electric/Poison-type sounds really cool. I've never been huge on Frog Pokémon though, but I could definitely get behind the typing. It definitely sounds like some sort of Rotom form, but not sure how they'd go about that.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Hmm a new Rotom form, another very interesting concept!
    Maybe it would possess some lab appliance? Toxic Waste tank just sounds so non-pokemon xD
    Well, some compounds only activate with electricity.... so whatever a machine that deals with that is called, would work.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back