• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Hmm i guess you have a point, although im not a big fan of Normal/X Pokemon :P
    Poison Point makes a lot of sense, Roush skin could work too!

Maybe give him a poison type multi-hit attack??
    The strengths/weaknesses of Normal/Poison is actually pretty good.

x2 effective - Ground, Psychic

1/2 effective - Grass, Poison, Bug, Fairy

Immune - Ghost

A good signature move for a porcupine would probably be a Poison-type version of Pin Missile (which Poison Sting *should* have been). Quill Cannon or similar.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If I were to have a poison-type team of only three Pokémon, it would most likely include Toxicroak, Breloom, and Venusaur. Toxicroak would be a physical sweeper; after one Swords Dance, it could start causing some major havoc. Breloom would be a sweeper as well. As for Venusaur, it would act as a wall. :] Its defenses are pretty big, so it shouldn't have any issue when it comes to that.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Leafy seadragon? Ok, I give, that's pretty cool. But shoudn't said Pokémon be Water/Grass instead of Poison/Dragon? Meh, whatever.

Also, a porcupine is cool, but like Zorogami, I'm not afan of Normal/X Pokémon either. Quill Cannon sounds like a really cool move as well.

Hey I'd love to join (: Can this beauty be my partner?
    ★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club
    ~ Roserade is my absolutely favourite Poison type ^^

If you had a Poison-type only team of at least three Pokémon, what Pokémon would you use and what moves would you give them?

I'd use Roserade ~ Using Mega drain, Toxic, Magical Leaf and Petal Dance, Tentacruel with Bubblebeam, Ice Beam, Toxic and Surf

And

Seviper with Crunch, Poison Fang, Earthquake and Iron Tail ^^

Welcome! Roserade, eh? I've never been a fan, but it's still pretty cool. Do you want a 2nd partner? Usually members have 2 partners. Also, that's a pretty good team right there. I'm especially a fan of Tentacruel.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Yes, it's good to have more than one partner, but to me (in previous moments), would prefer a sole partner, aka the favorite.

So, it's not bad to have a single partner. ;P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Gengar is a must-have in almost all poison-type teams. xD;; Its Special Attack stat is huge, and it has pretty good Speed, too. Plus, it's got a range of moves in its arsenal, which really adds to the touch. When I was a kid, I honestly thought Gengar was a legendary.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Time for a new topic, which might be the last one I have before Tiara gets back. So...

If you could create a Poison-type Pokémon, what would it be based on?

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • If you could create a Poison-type Pokémon, what would it be based on?

I already answered this one :)

Normal/Poison - Porcupine

Nakala Pri

Hey guys, thanks for keeping my club afloat and getting it so many damn posts! :o YOU'RE THE BEST! <3

Anyway, if Alex wants to, he can keep the club for a bit. c:

AND I STARTED A NEW TEAM ON POKEMON X AND I'VE GOT A WHIRLPEDE! :D

Wicked3DS

Years
  • WOOT WOOT

Nice, Scolipede is awesome. I'm still using my toxic FireRed team btw.

Porcupine - awesome. Normal-type - meh. I guess it makes sense since porcupines would probably fall under Normal-types anyway, but I'm still hesitant.

Nakala Pri

I know, I used him for a bit on Pokemon Black and it was epic! :o

A porcupine would fall under normal buuut maybe it's evolution could be poison? :D

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I like dual-type Pokemon though, and if you dig back through the posts, you'll find that Normal/Poison gets some very interesting resistances and weaknesses.

Also, some moves are typed Normal that getting STAB for would make sense on a porcupine. I think for my design, the ability would change when it evolved, but the typing remain the same.

Ah! I see where you are coming from though... perhaps an evolution like Bunnelby?

Nakala Pri

My dream team is kinda crappy but what'evs, early days. C:

Next toxic Ima getting is NIDORINAAAAAA!! <3

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If you could create a Poison-type Pokémon, what would it be based on?
    Maybe platypus. Some of these animals are said to be venomous in real life (maybe all?), so why not? For typing, I would make a combination of poison and water. If that's overdone, then poison/normal work. I'd imagine its body to be sort of bulky, and its defensive stats would be large. It would be able to make a great tank. d:

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • If you could create a Poison-type Pokémon, what would it be based on?

Definitely a salamander of some sort. Or, possibly a lizard. They're very interesting, and while I'm more of a fan towards the limbless wonders, I would be fairly interested in seeing some sort of salamander Pokemon.

Besides, there aren't very many reptiles in the Poison department. I'm not complaining as I have Seviper, but... again, it would be fairly interesting.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back