• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
Years
  • Ariados is one of my favorite Pokemon. Because spiders, of course. ;P Although, I still wonder about the design choice. Also, it should be faster, as a matter of opinion. Spiders are REALLY quick.

Anywho, hello everyone. Long, unexpected hiatus was long.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I always found Ariados pretty disappointing honestly - for such a great looking Pokémon it can feel really weak and feeble to use :( I adore the design though and I think it follows the general scariness/threat-factor that you'd expect from a Poison-type like him. Poison-types are still definitely my favourite type despite not having posted here in ages, and I think Ariados' appearance is a good hint as to why haha.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Didn't we feature Ariados before at some point? This might only be me, though; maybe I'm seeing things, haha.

Anyway, I don't mind Ariados line in any way, personally. In my opinion, they seem to represent poison quite well, as well as bugs. There are spiders out there that, if they manage to land even a single scratch on you, could be very dangerous to your health; they are poisonous.

I'm a lot fond of Ariados' design, as it looks rather simplistic, and have enjoyed its anime-appearances as well (although it wasn't as active as some other Pokémon in this department).

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • Didn't we feature Ariados before at some point? This might only be me, though; maybe I'm seeing things, haha.

Anyway, I don't mind Ariados line in any way, personally. In my opinion, they seem to represent poison quite well, as well as bugs. There are spiders out there that, if they manage to land even a single scratch on you, could be very dangerous to your health; they are poisonous.

I'm a lot fond of Ariados' design, as it looks rather simplistic, and have enjoyed its anime-appearances as well (although it wasn't as active as some other Pokémon in this department).

You're the only one who noticed I guess :P It happened in the Bug-type club a few weeks back.

It's time for the next Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Nidoqueen!

Ruby/Sapphire Pokédex: Nidoqueen's body is encased in extremely hard scales. It is adept at sending foes flying with harsh tackles. This Pokémon is at its strongest when it is defending its young.

I'd like to fly, but not like that.

I like Nidoqueen's bulk, but I tend to not like defensive Pokémon a whole lot. Still, it's quite useful with it's very wide movepool and it can be utilized quite well.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Nidoqueen!
    Now honestly who whose Nidoking and who chose Nidoqueen? I chose Nidoking for looks but i always lost to my friends Nidoqueen haha. Cool to know its a great mother though! And i can see its hard scales and it definately impacts its high defense! Its does have a wide move pool and can learn a lot of different moves and for me its the same it doesnt have extremely high attack but can last a couple turns which i usually go for attackers over defenders but other than that Nidoqueen can drive someone insane with its bulk and unpredictable moves ,

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Pokemon of the Week: Nidoqueen​
    Nidoqueen oh a cute Pokemon ^^I have personally used Nidoqueen in many games because Nidoqueen has many powerful moves and has the ablility to poison the foes. i used to prefer to use Nidoqueen instead of Nidoking.Nidoqueen is sure to be bulky with all its stats managed equal.I consider Nidoqueen a Reptilian Pokemon.That is Why Nidoqueen is surely to be dual Poison type Pokemon :)

Years
  • The Nidos have always been among the more versatile Poison-types out there, because there's just so much they can do, and I always loved Nidoqueen more out of the two. I guess it's because of her evolution line's color scheme that I like her slightly better, but whatever.

I never really used Nidoqueen much in any playthroughs, but the versatility with her moves along with a balanced stat spread makes her a handy teammate in any situation. Being slightly more defensive while still having good offenses also gives her some advantages compared to Nidoking.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • I don't think I'm officially in this thread so:

Name: Snow Phoenix
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Muk <3 Venusaur
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Ran an Ice type gym on a showdown private server and was then assigned poison. Fell in love with the type and it's what I run now.
    Answer to current topic: Oh sheesh. This needs more than a space.

Nidoqueen is surprisingly good. A lot of people pass her up for the "superior" Nidoking *rolls eyes* They're both good, but at different things (Nidoking is probably better for those playing casually though). The difference is that Nidoking has 10 points higher in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed while Nidoqueen has those 10 points higher in Defense, Special Defense, and HP. Those 10 points are at just the right threshold to matter significantly. And so Nidoqueen makes a great tank capable of countering Talonflame and Scizor. While Nidoking is an effective killer, although, Nidoking could use a few more points in speed. I usually scarf mine because of this, but Nidoking works really well with Venomoth and Quiver Dance pass.

Years
  • I have used Nidoqueen and Nidoking in a couple playthroughs that i've done, the most notable one being last I was in Heart Gold when I was exploring Kanto. I also bred myself a pretty good HA NidoranM in White 2 that wouldn't be far off from perfect material, it had a Timid nature, Hustle (which became Sheer Force as a Nidoking) and 30/x/29/31/30/31 IVs or something like that. That was before XY even came out. Cool stuff.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Holy, wow... could I just say how much of an amazing artwork that is? I love how they'd put the piece together like this.

Anyhow, sadly, I've never used Nidoqueen all that much. Last time I had found myself utilizing this Pokémon was in my third or fourth run of FireRed version, which was long ago (seven to nine years back, maybe?).

Though, I am a fan of how they had designed Pokémon. While Nidoking, who is its male counterpart, looks tough and intimidating, Nidoqueen seems to be directly the opposite--easy-going and calm. It's a very unique concept, if you ask me!

Wicked3DS

Years
  • I don't think I'm officially in this thread so:

Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Ran an Ice type gym on a showdown private server and was then assigned poison. Fell in love with the type and it's what I run now.
    Answer to current topic: Oh sheesh. This needs more than a space.

Nidoqueen is surprisingly good. A lot of people pass her up for the "superior" Nidoking *rolls eyes* They're both good, but at different things (Nidoking is probably better for those playing casually though). The difference is that Nidoking has 10 points higher in Attack, Special Attack, and Speed while Nidoqueen has those 10 points higher in Defense, Special Defense, and HP. Those 10 points are at just the right threshold to matter significantly. And so Nidoqueen makes a great tank capable of countering Talonflame and Scizor. While Nidoking is an effective killer, although, Nidoking could use a few more points in speed. I usually scarf mine because of this, but Nidoking works really well with Venomoth and Quiver Dance pass.

Welcome! Hey, I like Nidoking! :P Nidoqueen is definitely a good wall, I'm just not into it because I am a more casual Pokémon player and I just don't enjoy using walls. I LOVE the games, don't get me wrong, but I'm not a competitive battler for the most part, so for that reason, I prefer Nidoking. Nidoqueen definitely has her perks though, I must say that.

milk!

oh yeah!
    Years
  • Name: Milk!
    Pick two Poison-type Partner Pokémon: Beedrill and Arbok
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Poison types are so cool and nasty, and can strike terror and fear into anyone! I like Pokemon like that. Using them makes me feel cool. Poison can kill, so in that regards some of the most dangerous Pokemon are in this type.

Answer to current topic: Nidoqueen? I've never really though much of her. I never really liked her design so I haven't used her much.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Name: Milk!
    Reason(s) for liking Poison-types: Poison types are so cool and nasty, and can strike terror and fear into anyone! I like Pokemon like that. Using them makes me feel cool. Poison can kill, so in that regards some of the most dangerous Pokemon are in this type.

Answer to current topic: Nidoqueen? I've never really though much of her. I never really liked her design so I haven't used her much.

Welcome! Poison-types definitely make you feel more powerful and dangerous. Also, I'm not totally into Nidoqueen's design either, Nidoking definitely has the better design.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I don't think I'm officially in this thread so:

Hiya, welcome to the club! I love your partner choices - Venusaur and Muk are some of my favourite poison types. How do you feel about Muk's Gen III counterpart Swalot though? It has this little mustache and everything, it's adorable. Both of them are pretty cool though.

Nidoqueen is surprisingly good. A lot of people pass her up for the "superior" Nidoking *rolls eyes*

Ayy, couldn't of said it better myself. I feel like people always go for Nidoking over Nidoqueen because it's the tougher looking out of the two. Sure it does live up to its title as a 'king pokemon' but rarely do I see people picking Nidoqueen when offered the option of either. As for stats, they're never really something I've cared for due to my interest in a pokemon's design / concept being the reason I use it but I can imagine Nidoqueen working great competitively too.

Name: Milk!

Hey Milk, welcome aboard! I like both Beedrill and Arbok though my opinion would probably change if I were to see either of them in real life.

You're right there! Poison types are probably one of the scariest, if not the scariest type out of all eighteen existing ones but that's what makes them really cool. Let's just say that I'm happy they don't exist in real life though! As awesome as they are, I'd rather not have six ft long snakes or man sized bees knocking down my front door.

That's also a really interesting point. In the pokemon world, how do trainers cope with the dangers of training or encountering a poison pokemon? Their pokemon can be treated with Antidotes obviously but would they have forms of anti-venom/medicine in the case that the trainer gets infected? Just something to think about.

But in regards to that, new topic! Based on the above, what poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

I'm thinking something that not only contains a high amount of toxins but also the ability to spread it fast and effectively. I imagine the speedier ones would be better at catching their prey but who do you guys think would be the most dangerous poison type to humans or pokemon?

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Based on the above, what poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

Wow, a tough question to ponder IMO. Weezing must get a vote because it can explode and that's deadly to anyone. I'd also say Beedrill because they travel in swarms and are relentless (the latter of which makes then one of my all-time favorites). Drapion would be pretty dangerous as well I imagine. It's pretty fast and is very strong.

Years
  • Oh, wow. Other than what's already been mentioned, anything with Poison Touch, something Muk and Toxicroak can have. Or Tentacruel, given that thing has 80 tentacles to use. There are plenty of possible answers to that question...

milk!

oh yeah!
    Years
  • What poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

Well, I was looking up poison Pokemon up on bulbapedia and found this lovely tidbit about Muk.

It is a living biohazard, leaking toxins that instantly kill all plant life it touches. Even it being in close proximity to plants will cause them to wilt and die. Extreme caution is advised in avoiding any contact with this Pokémon, as an accidental brush up can lead to severe sickness. The effects of this Pokémon can leave the landscape barren for three years.

Horrifying, right? Really makes you wonder how professor Oak isn't dead considering how affectionate his Muk is.

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
    I think Nidoking As its Tough claws can Poison any Pokemon/SomeWhat Trainers also :P.It has been Shown in the Anime That Nidoking's tail is able to constrict and break the bones of its prey.It's powerful and Rampaging charges and forces made Nidoking scariest and dangerous than ever!{D:} :(

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Hiya, welcome to the club! I love your partner choices - Venusaur and Muk are some of my favourite poison types. How do you feel about Muk's Gen III counterpart Swalot though? It has this little mustache and everything, it's adorable. Both of them are pretty cool though.

Ayy, couldn't of said it better myself. I feel like people always go for Nidoking over Nidoqueen because it's the tougher looking out of the two. Sure it does live up to its title as a 'king pokemon' but rarely do I see people picking Nidoqueen when offered the option of either. As for stats, they're never really something I've cared for due to my interest in a pokemon's design / concept being the reason I use it but I can imagine Nidoqueen working great competitively too.

Hey Milk, welcome aboard! I like both Beedrill and Arbok though my opinion would probably change if I were to see either of them in real life.

You're right there! Poison types are probably one of the scariest, if not the scariest type out of all eighteen existing ones but that's what makes them really cool. Let's just say that I'm happy they don't exist in real life though! As awesome as they are, I'd rather not have six ft long snakes or man sized bees knocking down my front door.

That's also a really interesting point. In the pokemon world, how do trainers cope with the dangers of training or encountering a poison pokemon? Their pokemon can be treated with Antidotes obviously but would they have forms of anti-venom/medicine in the case that the trainer gets infected? Just something to think about.

But in regards to that, new topic! Based on the above, what poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

I'm thinking something that not only contains a high amount of toxins but also the ability to spread it fast and effectively. I imagine the speedier ones would be better at catching their prey but who do you guys think would be the most dangerous poison type to humans or pokemon?

I like to think of Swalot as the French or gentleman equivalent of Muk. Muk is more tough, brutish, and almost even punk. This is why Muk winning a beauty contest is on my list of priorities xP Aesthetically, I actually like Swalot. It kind of has its own charm. But, Swalot will never beat out Muk. Muk is just one of my favorites. It's the tankier of the two (oddly enough) and my Muk has never lost against any Volcarona or Greninja (two of the most overused Pokemon). Muk has a great physical moveset consisting of Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Power-up Punch, Dynamic Punch, focus punch, Shadow Punch (that's half of the punching moves and the same amount as Toxicroak), Shadow Sneak, Rock Slide (surprises everyone for some reason), Gunk shot, Explosion, Payback, Brick Break, etc. I also like giving my Muk poison jab because it has a 60% chance of inflicting poison when using it due to its ability, Poison Touch (the upgraded form of Poison Point).

There's no harm in preferring Nidoking :3 But, just consider getting a shiny Nidoking.

maxresdefault.jpg

Years

Well, I was looking up poison Pokemon up on bulbapedia and found this lovely tidbit about Muk.

It is a living biohazard, leaking toxins that instantly kill all plant life it touches. Even it being in close proximity to plants will cause them to wilt and die. Extreme caution is advised in avoiding any contact with this Pokémon, as an accidental brush up can lead to severe sickness. The effects of this Pokémon can leave the landscape barren for three years.

Horrifying, right? Really makes you wonder how professor Oak isn't dead considering how affectionate his Muk is.

I remember in the Power Plant episode of the anime, when Ash caught that Muk, and at the very end Professor Oak was not pleased about a Muk coming into his custody. xP And there were scenes of Muk glomping Ash I think in the Pokémon League? It was somewhere...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back