• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★ Toxic to the Touch ★ Poison Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Based on the above, what poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

Wow, a tough question to ponder IMO. Weezing must get a vote because it can explode and that's deadly to anyone. I'd also say Beedrill because they travel in swarms and are relentless (the latter of which makes then one of my all-time favorites). Drapion would be pretty dangerous as well I imagine. It's pretty fast and is very strong.

That's interesting you brought Explosion up. It's kind of an iffy move in the sense of 'how do pokemon not die from exploding themselves?' They faint but it doesn't make sense that they're able to survive blowing themselves up to bits. Unless they just expel energy in one huge burst or something. I agree with you though, I think Weezing would definitely pose as a threat to people based off this entry:

"Weezing alternately shrinks and inflates its twin bodies to mix together toxic gases inside. The more the gases are mixed, the more powerful the toxins become. The Pokémon also becomes more putrid." - Alpha Sapphire

I think its other dex entries mention something about it lurking in people's garbages and living in dirty unkempt homes. Either way, I definitely wouldn't want to see one of these around.

I agree that Beedrill would be the most dangerous to humans. Though Muk is a living biohazard, I think people would be more fearful of being attacked by a swarm of Beedrill. Depending on how poisonous their sting is and how many of them travel together, loads of trainers would be at risk to their fast and effective way of spreading venom. And if we're gonna be honest, I think if bees like the Japanese Hornet are already causing problems in the real world, imagine people trying to deal with Beedrill.

What poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

It is a living biohazard, leaking toxins that instantly kill all plant life it touches. Even it being in close proximity to plants will cause them to wilt and die. Extreme caution is advised in avoiding any contact with this Pokémon, as an accidental brush up can lead to severe sickness. The effects of this Pokémon can leave the landscape barren for three years.

Horrifying, right? Really makes you wonder how professor Oak isn't dead considering how affectionate his Muk is.

Well Professor Oak's certainly an exception to a lot of things! It really does make me wonder how tough he is though.

I think Muk's definitely one of the most serious problems environment wise though If its able to move around at the rate a human walks than it can strip forests and other habitats rather quickly. If the need of oxygen from plants isn't an issue, the design of nature itself is ruined too. Poor Muk though, I'd find it sad if everything I touched turned grey and lifeless. :(

What poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?
    I think Nidoking As its Tough claws can Poison any Pokemon/SomeWhat Trainers also :P.It has been Shown in the Anime That Nidoking's tail is able to constrict and break the bones of its prey.It's powerful and Rampaging charges and forces made Nidoking scariest and dangerous than ever!{D:} :(

Definitely, Nidoking's one of the strongest poison types at dueling prey. Imagine if they behaved like rampaging bulls and charged at trainers though. That'd be scary! I'm not surprised that Nidoking's tail is able to constrict and break bones though, seeing as its whole title as 'king' makes it seem more powerful than any opponent it challenges.

I like to think of Swalot as the French or gentleman equivalent of Muk.

Well apparently it can also be Mexican as well! ;]

Spoiler:

Haha, that's an awesome way to think about it though! I agree that Swalot looks like the more pompous and higher class version of Muk. Moustache, a pouting look on its face, what more could you want?

Muk has a great physical moveset consisting of Fire Punch, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch, Power-up Punch, Dynamic Punch, focus punch, Shadow Punch (that's half of the punching moves and the same amount as Toxicroak).

Y'know, it's kinda interesting that Muk is able to learn so many punching moves. Sure it has huge blobby arms though where does it get the power to use fire, ice and thunder? Does it absorb it through the environment or its prey or what? That's pretty cool that it has as many punches as a kung fu toad though. :]

I remember in the Power Plant episode of the anime, when Ash caught that Muk, and at the very end Professor Oak was not pleased about a Muk coming into his custody. xP And there were scenes of Muk glomping Ash I think in the Pokémon League? It was somewhere...

tumblr_mr08vur3hK1swdfc0o1_500.gif

Aw that looks adorable actually! Though based on the pokedex entry that milk! just gave, I'm not sure how Ash managed to survive Muk's weight, let alone its millions of toxins. Then again, Team Rocket manages to survive blasting off to space throughout the whole anime so I guess it isn'tthat bad in terms of 'what is logic pokemon plz'.

Anyway I think I agree with everyone's answers! As for myself I don't really know but I'd say something like Beedrill in terms of being able to strike terror and panic amongst the pokeverse and Muk as a threat environment-wise.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Well apparently it can also be Mexican as well! ;]

Spoiler:

Haha, that's an awesome way to think about it though! I agree that Swalot looks like the more pompous and higher class version of Muk. Moustache, a pouting look on its face, what more could you want?

tumblr_mr08vur3hK1swdfc0o1_500.gif

Aw that looks adorable actually! Though based on the pokedex entry that milk! just gave, I'm not sure how Ash managed to survive Muk's weight, let alone its millions of toxins. Then again, Team Rocket manages to survive blasting off to space throughout the whole anime so I guess it isn'tthat bad in terms of 'what is logic pokemon plz'.

Anyway I think I agree with everyone's answers! As for myself I don't really know but I'd say something like Beedrill in terms of being able to strike terror and panic amongst the pokeverse and Muk as a threat environment-wise.

I love your pics. Bwahaha. That mustache on Swalot is great. I don't even think it actually makes any sense, but that's ok.

I didn't see this though:

Based on the above, what poison type do you think would be the most deadly to trainers? Why?

Muk pokedex entries:

Smells so awful, it can cause fainting. Through degeneration, it lost its sense of smell.

Its body is made of a powerful poison. Touching it accidentally will cause a fever that requires bed rest.

As it moves, a very strong poison leaks from it, making the ground there barren for three years.

And then these two from Grimer:

Sludge that was transformed when exposed to X-rays from the moon. Loves sludge, industrial waste and other refuse.

As it moves, it loses bits of its body from which new Grimer emerge. This worsens the stench around it.

So Professor Oak must have had a lot of bed rest...

But, that last Grimer dex entry is the really bothersome one. Basically Grimer's reproduce by walking and leaving behind other Grimers which then begin to feed. Potential Grimer/Muk overthrow right there.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I didn't realize it's been this long, but here's another Pokémon of the Week!

Spoiler:

Stunky!

Black/White Pokédex: It sprays a foul fluid from its rear. Its stench spreads over a mile radius, driving Pokémon away.

*holding nose* I have to do this for a mile?

Stunky is...a weird Pokémon. Granted, it's a skunk, so it is what it is I suppose, but it's still weird nonetheless. Skuntank isn't all that great of a Pokémon either if you ask me, so I'm just not a big fan honestly.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    But, that last Grimer dex entry is the really bothersome one. Basically Grimer's reproduce by walking and leaving behind other Grimers which then begin to feed. Potential Grimer/Muk overthrow right there.

Overpopulation of Grimer and Muk could certainly pose as a serious hazard to the pokeverse. Perhaps even an apocalyptic scenario with Grimer and Muk replacing the zombies you see in the movies! Wouldn't that be something?

I agree though, I think it's bothersome that Grimers can basically go about their own business and be able to reproduce little Grimers just by walking. Sounds like people could run into an issue with pollution as well, seeing that Muk would probably release toxins and damage the ground.

@ Stunky:

I love Stunky! It's my partner pokemon here and I feel like as a whole, it's a really underrated poison type. I know that stunks aren't the most appealing creatures but I've just grown to appreciate how well they can defend themselves. If that's not good then how adorable is Stunky? As eyebrow raising as it is, I've always found Stunky to be one of the more adorable poison types next to Gulpin and a great pokemon overall.

As for using one, nope! I never did finish Diamond and it wasn't available in Platinum so I didn't get the chance to use one. Its poison/dark typing's rather unique though so it makes it all the better. :]

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
    Years
  • Pokemon Of The Week: Skuntank

Skuntank Pokemon is not too great Pokemon in my opinion.But it's is very useful in Pokemon games As it has high attack and Speed stats(Not including Defense stats as these stats are low in this Pokemon).This Pokemon Appearence is quite amazing as It's purple fur made its cute than ever.Overall This Pokemon is Cute, Strong and awesome Though.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I very much like their designs, although the fact they're used so often in Galactic amd the Skuntank in PMD2(including the wild ones) just kinda messed them up for me. XD They're something I have yet to try in battle, but based off my fights with them I think I should try using one.

Years
  • Stunky? That's a Pokémon i've never used seriously, due to it only really being in one game that most people don't play anymore. ...Okay, it's available in XY, but I don't believe i've ever used it there, either. And I too do know of people who have been screwed over by Jupiter's hacked one, too.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • POTW Stunky
    Firstly id like to say i am a fan of the line cause we never had a skunk line and its kinda fitting and accurate in my opinion with his typing and look and all.
    Butttttttttttttt......he is terrible in game just terrible atleast for me if you play a pokemon fangame or a pokemon game thats actually a challenge he is kinda useless which stinks cause Stunky is a cool poke! I wish the line was more powerful for one though!

But ya great poke great designs and great idea along with moveset buttttt the line is pretty weak just doesnt help in game sadly at all haha but since poke games are easier you can use him with ease but if you do a challenge no Stunky haha.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Sorry for the delay guys, I was sick this week and got a big behind. Here's the next Pokémon of the Week:

Spoiler:

Haunter!

Silver Pokédex: Its tongue is made of gas. If licked, its victim starts shaking constantly until death eventually comes.

Creepypasta fans rejoice.

Haunter and it's line are some of my all-time favorite Pokémon. They look cool, they're great battlers, and they're just downright awesome in terms of being creepy and also mischievous. It was fun to watch in the anime as well, especially when it "beat" Sabrina.

Return

Years
  • Haunter? Really a Cute Pokemon.Haunter is not Much Useful in the Games(lower attack,defense,special defense,speed,Hp etc).But Taking View from the Anime It is Very Good and quite make funs a bit and sometimes Sad to(As It Major Appearences Showed Haunter to be sad,Making Fun,Attacking other Pokemon,Difficulty etc).So This Pokemon is Mix Combo :P

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Although Haunter himself isnt that useful his evolution definately is though haha im glad the line got a mega to hehe!
    But as for Haunter i never saw him as cute more creepy lol and hes kinda powerful now that hes onky week to ghost dark and psychic and he doesn't take a 4x weakness from psychic so with levitate hes pretty useful! I like the dex decription about his tongue being made of gas and what a upbeat and positive end to anyone who gets licked although i feel bad for ash he got licked atleast 7 times by his Haunter when he had it guess we are just waiting for the end lol.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • i feel bad for ash he got licked atleast 7 times by his Haunter when he had it guess we are just waiting for the end lol.

That's a good point, how come nothing happened to Ash? C'mon anime writers get it together. That's actually what put him in the coma.

Years
  • That was such a weird part from the anime... I remember how disastrous it looked like things were going to turn out for Ash not once, but twice. And in the end I remember him letting Sabrina keep Haunter or something like that? The Kanto arc had a lot of badges that Ash won not by battle, if I recall.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • Time for a new Pokémon!

Spoiler:

Budew!

Pearl Pokédex: It lives alongside clear ponds. It scatters pollen that induces harsh sneezing and runny noses.

The perfect Pokémon to celebrate the beginning of...allergy season! :(

Budew is a pretty cute Pokémon and it evolves into Roselia and then Roserade which are both pretty good Pokémon. Personally, I like Budew better though in terms of design.

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years
  • I very much like Roserade, and Budew is super cute, but I have pretty bad feelings concerning both, because I thought Roserade was Gen III and tried to get one in Sapphire. When I found out it was Gen IV, I tried many different methods of trying to breed for a Budew. I was clearly disappointed lol.

Years
  • Aw, Budew is so cute ^^

That said, I have used its evolution line a couple times before, mainly in B2W2 and XY. It got a nice boost in those games with moves like Venoshock and a 120 power Petal Dance. Not in Platinum to my recollection though, it's definitely a cool Pokémon and Roserade has that whipped cream-like hair and flower hands.

Years
  • Budew is like one of the cutest Poison-types, as well as Grass-types, ever. The Roselia line happens to be one of my fave evolution lines ever, especially as far as every dual Grass/Poison line is concerned.

The line always got significantly buffed with each new generation, such as gaining a stronger Petal Dance, Roserade being able to learn Weather Ball, new supportive and offensive moves, and now Fairy-type introduction makes its Poison-type more relevant than it has ever been.

Return

Years
  • Budew.....A very cute Pokemon.Just as Hikamaru said It is the one of the cutest poison types ever.Budew is a bit useful in games(balanced stats).It Evolved forms(Roselia and Roserade) are not so cute.Moreover,in Anime It's Adorable Vine and cute grin bib makes budew a cool baby Pokemon.

Wicked3DS

Years
  • My last round ended up being a post and go due to a lack of activity lately, but I have another Pokémon for us this week!

Spoiler:

Foongus!

Black Pokédex: It lures people in with its Poké Ball pattern, then releases poison spores. Why it resembles a Poké Ball is unknown.

I'll step on you, brat.

I know nothing about this Pokémon, but it's kind of goofy and I kind of like it for that reason alone honestly. Its stats really aren't all that good at all so I'd probably never use this Pokémon on a team, especially since it's terribly slow.

Years
  • Hmm another dual Grass/Poison-type, and one I find pretty hilarious at times.

I kinda laugh at the Poke Ball pattern on Foongus and Amoonguss, and how they can randomly attack you when inspecting items a la Voltorb/Electrode in previous generations. Amoonguss is also pretty good competitively as well, and while speed is its main downside it does have good defensive capabilities and learns tons of handy support moves like Spore and various healing moves. Having Regenerator as its hidden ability makes it even more of a really good spammer of recovery and I had some great success using one in a Monotype Random where I had a Poison team up against a Rock team and my Amoonguss ended up taking out four of my opponent's Pokemon, and the useful status moves I had in the moveset really helped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back