• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] ☆ A Tale of Heroes (M)[OOC]

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Just an update post:

Nathan said he has been busy with work and will post when he's got time, Challenger went on an unexpected vacation and will be back this weekend, DreamorDestruction has been having computer problems but has given me the go on just having his character fight for a little. And Judge I think has been having a little writer's block. So all in all, it kind of looks like things will pick up soon (hopefully).

I think that just leaves Monster Guy, Yamagi, and me for the time being :/ Would you guys mind if I made a post? I thought I may as well, so when the others come back, things will be a little bit more ahead.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
  • I finished my finals yesterday. You may expect a post later today or tomorrow :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    No worries Yamagi. Sucks to see ya go, but I understand. I shall update the character list in the main post.

Once those prisoners are gone, we are out of the undergrounds. I am determined to get through this lol

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    Yay, RP of the Week! Thanks a lot guys! (I think this is the first time lol)

And it looks like all the prisoners are down for the count! We shall move on once a few more posts get in maybe. Otherwise, I have a pretty massive post that will get us out 0.0

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Hey there again, Jegretis! Nice to see that your RP is alive here.

I see on the first page that there are empty spots open. Would you like to have me as a player once again? :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Rayzen: Hey, what's up! Yeah, we have a few available spots so go ahead and create an SU and we can work from there. If you got any questions feel free to let me know!

Reyzadren

Arid trainer
    Years
  • Jegretis said:
    For example, some guns are allowed as weapons in this RP, as long as they make sense, and it isn't a machine gun or something (make sure you go by me first before making a gun, this is an absolute MUST). Also, instead of actual bullets, the guns will be using the user's mana as ammo.

Well, my character will be using a pistol gun or rifle, definitely with mana bullets, but might be a little magitech when coupled with skills, so I'm just checking with you first, of course.

Also, as I have my previous (unposted) SU, do I still write that I am "headed to the Galvez prison"? Because, you know, the players here seem to be already out of the prison, heh.

EDIT: Vm'ed. SU below.

Sign-Up

Name: Rayzen

Element: Earth

Appearance: Rayzen has black hair that is combed to the side, black eyes, a goatee accompanied with some facial hair and a scruffy look foretelling his age at somewhere around 28 years. Although he has fair skin, it is slightly darker in tone. His height is 1.68m, and his weight is 61kg, so his body size is just below average. He wears a gray hooded vest, red trousers and black shoes. Sheathed on his leather belt is his weapon, a gun that looks like a scepter, and while he keeps a knife inside his pocket, one cannot be entirely sure how he actually uses them.

Spoiler:

Personality: Stubborn, cold, hot-headed. That's 3 words to easily describe Rayzen. He is quiet and loud, as he does not actively talk to others, but will respond when talked to. He prefers to do things his own way and does not like nonsense. He often does not think before he act or say, which causes others to think he is rude. He is neither a leader nor a team-player. He strives to be a better person, which to him, is being more hardworking and honest.

Hometown: As stated below, Rayzen does not subscribe to the idea of hometown, and would rather think of his most recent long-term residence as a home. It is a mining settlement deployed by the Xedge Guild, somewhere in the east. As of now, that location is locally known as the Abandoned Xedge Mine.

History: Rather than caring about where he was from, Rayzen thinks more highly of the present, and not the past. He ascribes his home to some sort of brotherhood, named Xedge Guild. In synchrony with the movement of the world, Xedge is known to be a regularly shifting non-stationary organisation, with some establishments scattered across continents. Prior to this, Rayzen learnt some of his magic skills through interacting with other members while at Xedge gatherings. Xedge is known to have a few chambers dedicated to weaponry, magic, and even mystical artifacts from lost generations. In Rayzen's case, he was involved in only a small part of the Xedge routine. He worked for Xedge in one of their mines.

Xedge had known about this mine where the soils taint red. The place was mined for a steady supply of ore, crystals and gems, but there was more. It was not uncommon to find gemstones that have magical essence in them. Each gemstone grants different magic, and each magic user can harness the power from within a gemstone that they choose. Xedge is also known to be working on a way to better extract magic from crystals to be infused to weapons, as part of their other endeavours. Not much else is known about Xedge as it is not a large organisation. Their true intention and involvement in the Salos-Grandora war is not clear.

The mine had many raids from criminals. They not only terrorised the workers of the mine, both Xedge members and non-members, but also folks who live in the village nearby. Some of these villagers are part of a rebellion group against Grandora. In situations that happened commonly, the rebels used the gemstones to fight off criminals, thus defending the mine. One night, however, the rebellion upstaged a violent takeover of the mining area. Most of the mine workers decided to flee, but there were some who stayed behind, like Rayzen did. They were told by the Salos loyalists that the Grandora army didn't usually come out this far, further east than Anthax, in the hunt for this group.

The next morning, Rayzen and some others who remained were blackmailed and framed by the rebels, and thus they were captured by Grandora, sending them to the Galvez prison. It turns out that not everyone in the rebellion group are all good as they seem, perhaps they were becoming desperate, or they could've banded with the criminals, or maybe they were willing to do whatever they felt necessary to overthrow Diaz, and there is probably more to this side of the story.

Weapon: A gun that looks like a scepter. Xedge forges customised weapons for their members upon request, including modified guns like this one. It is possible to buy and obtain such guns at some rowdy shady marketplace, if you know the right contact.

Magic:

1. Shatter shard [EARTH]: Instantly creates a shard for a target. When the target takes the next hit, the shard shatters and the damage is negated. Then, the rifts carve an earth damage attack towards the origin damage source. If not shattered, the shard stays for 8 seconds.

2. Corrosion projectile [EARTH]: Shoots a sharp bladed projectile that causes earth damage and is disruptive to a target for 1 second. Its disruption is to either corrode weapons to reduce damage, or weaken efficiency when latched onto a magic user.

3. Arid wasteland [EARTH]: Shadowsteps to a nearby location (~7 steps), then corrupting the land stepped onto, turning it into barren ground which causes long-ranged attacks and spells to fail as they enter the area (~5x5 steps). This tormented landscape lasts for 2 seconds.

Other: Rayzen does not like the usage of last names that much. If you would like to find out what his is, why don't you ask him next time by the campfire?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @Rayzen: Alrighty, you are accepted! I have put your character in the list in the OP.

I'll send you a quick run-down of what has happened so far, and where/when your character comes in.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    I'm dead...I just finished that monster of a post. I apologize if it may be confusing, as I'm sure it is, but I tried my best to get us out. But alas, I am still going to sum up what happened (so read this first if you want to understand the post better):

- Ace takes out hostile, and then Artus alerts him of one more going after Tim

- Tim throws rock at hostile. He chases Tim, and then Lucifer takes out hostile to save him

- The group hears a growl, and the old man signals the group to start running to get away. Meanwhile, Biff and Langdon notice that they start fleeing, so they follow, running past the hostile that was confronting them, leaving him to be killed by the beast.

-The group reaches the door/gate/node, and try to figure out a way to open it. Biff suggests they use a key of sorts, and they find out that the engravings on the torch correspond with the gate itself, allowing a second opening to be created.

-The opening is big enough for people to go through one at a time, and the beast has finally found the group, killing off whoever doesn't make it through the door in time before it closes, or those who are too slow.

So yeah, that's pretty much it! I also didn't mention this in the IC post, but the door has led the group into a storage room of sorts, with various junk. There are shelves with boxes, and some random low-quality weapons around. This is where your characters are going to get their weapons, and get ready for the fight ahead.

@Rayzen: I'll let you know when your character comes in and when you can post.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2015
    There are still two spots open correct? If so I wouldn't mind applying and joining in a little late.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    TheGDeer: of course you can sign-up! Just let me know if you need help with your SU.

On that note, how's everyone doing with posts? If there's something confusing let me know.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2015
    Name: Azram Berus

Element: Dark

Appearance: Extremely tall and bulky standing at 7'0. With the build of a professional body builder his size is something to behold. He has paler skin due to his time stuck indoors but if given the chance can have a healthy tan skin color. His body is covered in scars and with black tattoos stretching from his torso up onto his arms and back . He has long, brown hair, with a matching unkempt beard. His eyes are hazel and under different light they seem to shift to being slightly more green or brown. Usually wears basic clothing but since being put in Galvez Prison he has opted for nothing more than foot wraps and and leather kilt.

Personality: Azrams personality in general can be described as rough or unrefined. He disagrees w/, ignores social standards and so he comes off as rude or wild because of this. Though his moral compass is still askew, he is honorable. He would never kill someone who is unarmed, but still fights with no remorse. Because of the way he acts and his look few people would be brave enough to approach him, and while cold at first, he would have no issue befriending someone that doesn't ask too many questions.
    He is generally good natured, but when angered he can quickly become a storm of violence and destruction. So keep away when temperatures rise. His favorite pastime would be drinking and eating and he feels most comfortable in the bar of a tavern or inn.

Hometown: Novo- a small farming village on the southern peninsula of Salos

History: Azram Berus was born to Landon and Idina Berus. Landon who was Azrams father, owned a small farm which Azram grew up on. As he grew older he experienced a huge growth spurt and paired with work on the farm he would end up being quite large and strong. He lived a quiet lifestyle on the farm and while he was safe and warm, but he wished to do more.

At the age of 17 he left his family's farm and began his journey to experience life. He would live life on the road traveling between towns doing odd jobs to pay for food and other necessity. Eventually he found himself pressed into the service of Grandora as a soldier. He would gain prowess as a warrior on the battlefield but his time as a hero was cut short when there was an issue with Azrams Commander. Azram ended up being court martialed and sent away to Galvez Prison at the age of 22. He has since spent his time in prison in solitude with numerous failed escape attempts behind him.

Weapon: Whatever is available to him, but prefers something large and heavy.

Magic:
    1. Dark Healing [Dark]: Burns mana to regenerate and heal himself at a constant rate. Used during all combat to keep himself in peak condition and is what almost all of his mana is used on.
    2. Reach [Dark]: Uses tendrils of physical darkness for longer reach and attack
    3. Exhale [Dark] Expends all mana stored to release a large burst of dark mana to injure and push back all within range.

Other: Loves to fight but acknowledges and agrees that war is wrong, a bit of a hypocrite.

Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2023
    @TheGDeer: rather nice SU, you are of course accepted. I'm just about to head off to sleep, so once I get up I will give you the run-down of what has happened so far in the RP and when your character can jump in.

Back