• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
Thanks for the tip, Johnny18 :) That's what I was doing already but I still couldn't hit my seed in the first place...

I just figured what I was doing wrong: in the time finder, i had set the min and max frames on 8 and the encounter type on gift pokemon (because that's what i read on a tutorial: eggs, gift pokemons, and fossils' IV frames start on frame 8). Eventually, I tried setting the min and max IV frames on 1, encounter type as wild pokémon, and it worked!

I just got my flawless timid Panpour from the dreamyard lady :D

Nice! Congratz on a successful RNG! :D it becomes very addicting to get flawless pokemon espeicially if you are like me and love to battle as well! :D

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
213.gif
#213 Party Rock (Shuckle) ♂ Lv.49
009.png

OT: Dylan ♂ | ID: 35637
Jolly - Sturdy
IVs:31/31/31/31/31/31 70
17.png

Gastro Acid - Rollout - Power Trick - Bug Bite

"Every day we shucklelin'"

please note I feel gross referencing this song ~o~

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
It's time for my entry! ;)

Sophie, female, lvl 54, shiny
549.gif
Dive.png

Nature: Modest | Ability: Own Tempo | ID: Gonzo 00002
IVs: 31/10/30/31/30/30 HP Rock 70
Moveset: Quiver Dance | Teeter Dance | Rain Dance | Petal Dance​

I am kinda outdated, but I really love ballroom dance. Hitting the floor and boucing is not the most amusing thing to do, but I really love to dance with somebody. A party without at least ballroom dance is a bad party for me! Lilligant can learn 4 dance moves, three of them by lvl up, so it's obvious I'd chose her as my dance partner. Ability reflects her ability to keep tempo in dance, Hidden Power shows she has a wild side and can even do pogo dance! Her name is my mum's name. A small shout out for the person who seeded in me love to ballroom dance. Also, she's still a great dancer :)

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
EVERYTHING IS INVALID LILLIGANT WINS. ;___; <3 Be glad I'm not the judge. Soooo biased haha.

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
And here is my entry for the challenge! Scraggy!

004.png
559.gif
004.png

MC Edge
shiny.png
male.png
| Lv. 1
Jay Jay | 00041 | Gen V
Jolly | Moxie
31 | 31 | 31 |31 | 31 | 31

Dragon Dance | Ice Punch | Drain Punch | Low Kick

I'm not a big partier, but Scraggy & Scrafty are two Pokémon that I could easily see myself partying with when I did. Mostly just because of their design. Who doesn't like Scrafty's mohawk? This particular Scraggy, MC Edge likes to showcase his skills on the mic at any party he goes to. I also picture Scraggy/Scrafty enjoying the same music that I do. Which would mean, not only could we party, but we could to go the same concerts. Now that would be awesome!

Edit...Just RNG abused Reshiram.

004.png
643.gif
004.png

Reshiram | Lv. 50
Jay Jay | 00041 | Gen V
Timid | Turboblaze

DragonBreath | Slash | Extrasensory | Fusion Flare

Edit No. 2....My 3rd abuse for the day. I know I'm probably in the minority, but I really like Vanillite, Vanillish, and Vanilluxe.

007.png
582.gif
007.png

Vanillite
female.png
| Lv. 31
Jay Jay | 00041 | Gen V
Modest | Ice Body

Avalanche | Taunt | Mirror Shot | Acid Armor

Last edited:

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
007.png
582.gif
007.png

Vanillite
female.png
| Lv. 31
Jay Jay | 00041 | Gen V
Modest | Ice Body

Avalanche | Taunt | Mirror Shot | Acid Armor

I really like them too! I remember when B/W came out, I was like awesome an ice cream pokemon, it was funny to see Vanilluxe used in VGC 2011 as a choice scarfed pokemon, it was actually pretty sweet.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Awww, I love that Vanillite! It looks great with a Dive Ball. My first shiny flawless RNG was actually a Vanillite, so I'm a bit attached to them haha. But the shiny gets less and less pink as it evolves, so I think I'm not gonna bother evolving mine.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I was watching the anime and saw Ash's Cyndaquil and I though, eh why not? Name is because I remember seeing it under favourites on Syd's profile.

004.png
155.gif
004.png

Syd
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Modest | Blaze | 31 30 31 30 31 31 [HP: Grass 70]
Tackle, Leer, Quick Attack, Flamethrower
[Hatched at Skyarrow Bridge]

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Here's my challenge entry!! hope I'm not too late!

479-h.png

Rotom-H
Levitate|Timid|HP Grass 70
30|31|31|30|31|31
ThunderShock|Overheat|Hidden Power|Volt Switch
Hatched in Black city

You can't have a good fiesta without having a pokemon that prepares your food! I think Rotom would love parties, there's always a barbeque to haunt, and i think rotom is a real party animal! He also loves to prank others.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
wow nice entries everyone! :D I didn't get to do this one sadly, I have been focused on other things! Vappy! I love your Cynda! :D

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Here's my pick for this challenge. Dunno when the next challenge is posted. D:

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
GREAT JOB MAC! I told you I'd totally party with your Buizel. ;) Congrats! You deserve it. :)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Congrats, bro! I knew you'd win!

Sorry, but I couldn't get online earlier. Anyway, time to announce my next challenge:

The Haxx0r Challenge!
RNG a Pokemon that you find haxy. Either you get additional effects like parahax or confusion with it, or it abuses hax on your Pokemon everytime you battle it. Of course, explain in what way the chosen Pokemon abuses it's luck! Watch out for critical hits while catching your entry!

I love calling Mac haxx0r, but not because of his luck, khekhekhe... Anyway, this challenge is dedicated to him and I really want ti see his haXxXy entry ;D

Last edited:

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Here's my entry! I'm fast :3

468.png

Togekiss
Serene Grace|Calm
31|2|31|31|31|31
Aura Sphere|Air Slash|Nasty Plot|Thunder Wave

So this is the next big thing after Jirachi who I can't RNG :( Like Jirachi it has Serene Grace which doubles moves' secondary effects, so air slash gets a 60% chance to flinch, and coupled with Thunder Wave this makes for a very high chance to keep the enemy from attacking! Especially with Togekiss' high speed!

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Here's my entry! I'm fast :3

468.png

Togekiss
Serene Grace|Calm
31|2|31|31|31|31
Aura Sphere|Air Slash|Nasty Plot|Thunder Wave

So this is the next big thing after Jirachi who I can't RNG :( Like Jirachi it has Serene Grace which doubles moves' secondary effects, so air slash gets a 60% chance to flinch, and coupled with Thunder Wave this makes for a very high chance to keep the enemy from attacking! Especially with Togekiss' high speed!

Darn it. I was gonna do a Togekiss, because Serene Grace was first thing to come to mind.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
My challenge entry:

002.png
145.png
002.png

Zapdos (Zapdos) ♁ Lv. 50
OT: Luna | ID: 4440
Nature: Modest
Ability: Pressure
IVs: 30, 11, 31, 30, 31, 31 Grass 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Discharge, Heat Wave, Tailwind, Hidden Power
Non-Redis

I decided to do Zapdos because it always seems its Discharge paralyzes everything... even when it's on my side, if I forget to protect/wide guard, I always get paralyzed and usually critted. xD I love this 'mon but boy can it be haxy.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Here's my entry!

luxuryball.png
523.gif
luxuryball.png

haxxy / Zebstrika
female.png
lv. 29 @ Cheri Berry
Motor Drive | Jolly
Cedric | 26099
31/31/31/8/31/31
[ Wild Charge, Flame Charge, Pursuit, Volt Switch ]

I took a more in-game approach since I don't play competitively. But anyway, I hate this Pokemon. I really do. For one, that cry is annoying. And two, don't ever look for it on Tumblr. The days I liked it were short. When fighting one, it always seems to destroy me. Even with a weaker move like Flame Charge. It always gets crits, it NEVER dies, and did I mention its cry is annoying? Because it is. I know it's Jolly, but I went ahead and taught it Volt Switch because that's annoying as well, no matter what the nature. Oh. And when I used this Pokemon, it sucked. Mine always died and when it went to the E4 for my Hall of Fame Challenge, it made the record as the Pokemon that KO'd nothing and didn't gain a level. It's tied with Garbodor, who likes to hax me in Battle Subway. That was my second choice. So yeah. Annoying ass zebra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back