• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I'm sorry, but I was out of town and I had issues with Internet connection. I'm also upset that we had so few entries :<

Anyways, the winner is:
Spoiler:

Nidoqueen is an excellent choice, if I may say so myself! It was one of the Pokemon that I had in mind besides Kanghaskhan for this challenge, so I'm glad to see someone else thought along the same lines. I really like your description :D
Nidoqueen is the worst choice, IMO. You can't breed Nidoqueen... How an unbreedable pokemon can be a good mother? Not buying it :P

*thinks of his entry*

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
You know what Gonzo? Nidoqueen IS the best choice. You say she can't breed so she's not motherly? Well you don't know what she does for her children do you? Nidorina only breed once in their lives, they lay several eggs and then go around their burrows to find a Moon Stone. Using this moonsone they Evolve into Nidoqueen, so as to better defend her children from harm. She sacrifices her current form, her breeding capabilities, just so that she can defend her babies. That's motherly to me. (Also Nidoqueen was shown to be able to breed in one of the movies and her pokedex entries speak of her children so whatever)

I wanted to show you guys the mon I did for the Mystery Gift! It was sent off to Meganium90!

252.png

Treecko
Overgrow|Timid|HP Rock 70
31|7|30|31|30|30
Leer|Synthesis|Solarbeam|Hidden Power

Also here is not so exciting darkrai

491.png

cherishball.png
Darkrai
Bad Dreams|lvl. 50|Modest
31|22|31|31|31|31
Dark Void|Ominous Wind|Faint Attack|Nightmare

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
You know what Gonzo? Nidoqueen IS the best choice. You say she can't breed so she's not motherly? Well you don't know what she does for her children do you? Nidorina only breed once in their lives, they lay several eggs and then go around their burrows to find a Moon Stone.
Nidorina can't breed as well. ^__^
(Also Nidoqueen was shown to be able to breed in one of the movies and her pokedex entries speak of her children so whatever)
Refering to dex entries, Kingdra can make whirlpools but it actually can't learn Whirlpool. Its yawns can destroy small ships, but we all know well how "powerful" Yawn is, so whatever.

I wanted to show you guys the mon I did for the Mystery Gift! It was sent off to Meganium90!

252.png

Treecko
Overgrow|Timid|HP Rock 70
31|7|30|31|30|30
Leer|Synthesis|Solarbeam|Hidden Power

I wuv this one! <3

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Spr_5b_115.png

Mary | Kangaskhan Lv.57 ♀
Bag_Luxury_Ball_Sprite.png

Scrappy | Adamant
Marina | 14534
31|31|31|0|31|31
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
[Dizzy Punch | Sucker Punch | Outrage | Earthquake]
Caught on Route 15

The ultimate mother Pokemon. I decided to make this Kangaskhan much like my mother. Tough as nails and not taking crap from anyone. Which is why she has such a powerful move set for protecting those she loves. This especially applies to her children. Despite her fearsome appearance and fierce battling style she would never raise a hand to her children in any manner. She isn't afraid to get stern with her children however and the threat of her immense strength is enough to keep them out of trouble. I named her after my mama and she is Level 57 much like my mother is 57 years old. She was a tough one to RNG since she is rare on her route but I love it. <3

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
My motherly entry :3
and my first one too
.........................................................................................
440.gif
Bag_Oval_Stone_Sprite.png
-->
242.gif

Happiny (f) lv. 1
004.png

Natural Cure| Bold
Bruce |
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Softboiled, Aromatherapy, Heal Pulse, Toxic]
Hatched in Nuvema town

Being a mother doesn't mean you will only care for your children. Blissey is an extremely compassionate Pokemon by nature. . If she encounter a sick Pokémon, she will attempt to nurse the injured Pokémon back to health. "Blissey's fluffy fur allows her to sense feelings of sadness. Upon sensing any sadness, this Pokémon will race to the source of the sadness, no matter the distance, and share her egg of happiness that instantly makes a person smile". As her pokedex entry says. This Pokemon will never fail to show her tender loving care to everyone.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
You know what Gonzo? Nidoqueen IS the best choice. You say she can't breed so she's not motherly? Well you don't know what she does for her children do you? Nidorina only breed once in their lives, they lay several eggs and then go around their burrows to find a Moon Stone.

Nidoqueen was actually my first choice for the challenge, but it was already done, plus I wanted to base mine off my mother instead. But the reason I wanted to do Nidoqueen is because every Mother's Day (except this one lol) I go to my mimi's church and the pastor always has a touching ceremony. He puts red roses in a vase for mothers, then white roses for mothers that have passed, and then pink roses for those that want to be mothers, but cannot (being infertile, etc). And I think the actual want and desire to be a mother is one of the most motherly things of all. So even though Nidoqueen and Nidorina can't breed, they're the beautiful pink roses of motherhood. :)

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
My motherly entry :3
and my first one too
.........................................................................................
440.gif
Bag_Oval_Stone_Sprite.png
-->
242.gif

Happiny (f) lv. 1
004.png

Natural Cure| Bold
Bruce |
31/31/31/31/31/31
[ Softboiled, Aromatherapy, Seismic Toss, Toxic]
Hatched in Nuvema town

Being a mother doesn't mean you will only care for your children. Blissey is an extremely compassionate Pokemon by nature. . If she encounter a sick Pokémon, she will attempt to nurse the injured Pokémon back to health. "Blissey's fluffy fur allows her to sense feelings of sadness. Upon sensing any sadness, this Pokémon will race to the source of the sadness, no matter the distance, and share her egg of happiness that instantly makes a person smile". As her pokedex entry says. This Pokemon will never fail to show her tender loving care to everyone.
:O
How the heck you can get ST in Chansey?

Years
  • Seen Jun 3, 2021
Oh maybe after i bred it with roserade i thought ST was in Blissey's learn set. my bad ill fix it now.. thanks for that

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Oh maybe after i bred it with roserade i thought ST was in Blissey's learn set. my bad ill fix it now.. thanks for that

Haxx0r, ekhekhekhekhe.

Chansey can learn Seismic Toss only via tutor in Emerald and XD (idk if in FRLG as well, but those two for sure).

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

004.png
594.gif
004.png

Barbara
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Careful | Healer | 31 31 31 31 31 31 | HP: Dark 70
Helping Hand, Heal Pulse, Aqua Jet, Protect.
[Hatched at Skyarrow Bridge]

For my Mother's Day challenged I RNGed an Alomomola because it is the Caring Pokémon, just like my and many other mothers, not to mention "Alomomola". I named her after my mother. She has a careful nature, because I think my mother is a very careful woman. She has Healer as her ability because my mum has nursed me back to health many times in the past. That is also why she knows Heal Pulse. She knows Helping Hand because, despite what I am thinking now out of anger, I know she'll always be there to lend a helping hand. I also know that she and all mothers will Protect their children. Also my mum's favourite colour is purple. :3

Now I have to RNG that Darkrai event and can someone please make me some CSS so I can have a pretty trade thread :3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wow, nice abuses everyone ^^ I'm a bit busy with my in-laws being in town, so I haven't had a chance to update the leaderboard just yet because that requires sitting down in excel/photoshop at home. I have done my abuse for this challenge, just need to transfer it ^^

EDIT: My entry!

012.png
105.png
012.png

Traci (Marowak) ♀ Lv. 46
OT: Luna | ID: 4440
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 0 Ice 54
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/6 SDf
Moves: ThunderPunch, Snore, Sleep Talk, Rest
Non-Redis

So I present my mom, Traci! I picked a Marowak because it dies for its children, Cubone, which is something my mom would definitely do. She's very brave (note the nature) and strong (she's holding Thick Club). The level is 46 because my mom is 46 xD I chose Rock Head because my mom is known for having a hard, heavy head xD It's pretty funny. The speed is 0 because my mom is slow when she runs now because of an old knee injury. The EVs are mainly something that could be seen on a TR set, so I thought that was pretty neat to go with. The moves are appropriate as well. ThunderPunch because my mom hits really hard (just ask my Dad if he makes an inappropriate comment). Snore, Sleep Talk, and Rest all tie in because my mom sleeps like a rock, snores, and talks in her sleep. \o/ I hope she never sees this xD

By the way, the challenge ends now on the 17th, not tonight.

Last edited:

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Wow, nice abuses everyone ^^ I'm a bit busy with my in-laws being in town, so I haven't had a chance to update the leaderboard just yet because that requires sitting down in excel/photoshop at home. I have done my abuse for this challenge, just need to transfer it ^^

EDIT: My entry!

012.png
105.png
012.png

Traci (Marowak) ♀ Lv. 46
OT: Luna | ID: 4440
Nature: Brave
Ability: Rock Head
IVs: 31, 31, 31, 13, 31, 0 Ice 54
EVs: 252 HP/252 Att/6 SDf
Moves: ThunderPunch, Snore, Sleep Talk, Rest
Non-Redis

So I present my mom, Traci! I picked a Marowak because it dies for its children, Cubone, which is something my mom would definitely do. She's very brave (note the nature) and strong (she's holding Thick Club). The level is 46 because my mom is 46 xD I chose Rock Head because my mom is known for having a hard, heavy head xD It's pretty funny. The speed is 0 because my mom is slow when she runs now because of an old knee injury. The EVs are mainly something that could be seen on a TR set, so I thought that was pretty neat to go with. The moves are appropriate as well. ThunderPunch because my mom hits really hard (just ask my Dad if he makes an inappropriate comment). Snore, Sleep Talk, and Rest all tie in because my mom sleeps like a rock, snores, and talks in her sleep. \o/ I hope she never sees this xD

By the way, the challenge ends now on the 17th, not tonight.

I might give it a go. I love your description. Very cute. :>

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
When I take the time to breed a team, I often try to have a theme for it. The following RNG projects form a team of seafaring Pokemon that I have meticulously RNG'd for about a month in my breaks from playing Emerald again. In this instance I plan on playing a file where you awaken in a dry room in the Abyssal Ruins in a coma. You find yourself surrounded by powerful, strange Pokemon who have been reborn at the same time as you. They seem ready to follow your every command...

First we have the strategist of the group...
Spoiler:

Next is the ancient sage who seeks to return you to you apparent former glory...
Spoiler:

Next is the court dancer with an affinity for battle...
Spoiler:

The brutish knight of the group who is quick to anger...
Spoiler:

The shaman of the group who hopes to be able to summon rain one day...
Spoiler:

A mystic dragon that was tamed by you in your former life...
Spoiler:

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Abused this cute little guy :) Not for any challenge, more so for being an awesome future BPer.

EggMS.png
175.png
EggMS.png

Togepi | Calm | Serene Grace
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 31
Growl, Charm, Nasty Plot
Brobee | 59398 (White Version)​

And this one :D Accidentally switched in the wrong Pokémon on a cloyster, and it swept my team, so I bred one

EggMS.png
90.png
EggMS.png

Shellder | Jolly | Skill Link
Tackle, Icicle Spear, Rock Blast

Last edited:

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
Just a quick two RNGs, I wish Nasty Plot wasn't an egg move...

007.png
605.gif
007.png

Elgyem
shiny.png
female.png
| Level 27
Aaron | 06293 | White
Quiet | Synchronise | 31 31 31 31 31 0 | HP: Ice 64
Psybeam, Headbutt, Hidden Power, Imprison.
[Caught at Celestial Tower]

004.png
013.gif
004.png

Weedle
shiny.png
male.png
| Level 1
Aaron | 06293 | White
Adamant | Shield Dust | 31 31 31 8 31 31 | HP: Electric 59
Poison Sting, String Shot.
[Hatched at Pinwheel Forest]

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Cute team, Luke! Will you be training them soon? Vappy that Elygem reminds me of when I accidentally RNG'd one lol.

Jolteon*

Super Boss Trainer
Years
Rngd this guy to replace the above Togepi. Can pass better stat boosts unto more Pokémon you know.

EggMS.png
366.png
EggMS.png

Clamperl | Calm | Shell Armor
Water Gun, Whirlpool, Iron Defense, Aqua Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back