• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♥ Eevee and Eeveelution Club ♥

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Flareon is apparently the worst Eeveelution in terms of competitive battling. So I was wondering, what move set/stats/ability/etc could we give to it that would make it a little better? o:
Some kind of priority fire move would definitely set Flareon apart from the other Eeveelutions. Having a 50% burn rate (similar to Poison Fang) would be amazing. Call it... Heat Flash? 40 power, Fire-type, +1 priority, 50% to burn.

Prankster could be a decent hidden ability (since Guts doesn't really work any more). Use it to Will-O-Wisp and take some reduced physical damage from Earthquake always helps a Fire-type. Actually, Prankster would be amazing since Eevee can get Charm as an egg move. Charm or Will-O-Wisp + a naturally high Special Defense could make a Flareon pretty darn viable.

Flare Blitz is already a good STAB finisher, so it just needs the support in place to last long enough to use it.

EDIT: Bumping up the base HP would also be a good place to start.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
I just noticed my old Eevee club has been suspended (I've been gone for a long while...) ;___;

Username: AzuPazu
Partner: Leafeon
Favorite Eeveelution and why: Leafeon obviously since I'm totally in love with grass types and their abilities to heal themselves by damaging others. Though I have to say I would be happy with any Eeveelution (except maybe Vaporeon, I have a thing against fishies, sorry xD)&Eevee itself (but that wasn't part of the question).
Welcome back to the Eevee sanctuary~ I'm so sorry for the delay in updating the members list.
I love that healing characteristic of Grass-type Pokemon too, but what surprises me about Leafeon is that it's also physically powerful. It packs a strong Leaf Blade. If only it knew a few other physical attacks to make use of its brawn, such as U-turn or even Sacred Sword... Maybe that's a stretch, but hey, it has something on its forehead and tail to work with, haha.

Username: greenking13
Eeveelution Partner: Leafeon Obviously.
Has anyone put an Eeveelution or Eevee itself on your main teams? If so, which? What role does it play?
A Leafeon used to be my team on my Pokemon Platinum. I know what you're thinking, "just a Leafeon? How did you beat the elite four?" Very easily in fact. I don't play into the hype of perfect teams, I usually put what I like on my teams, like Lucario, Gyarados, and Leafeon, to name a few.
Hi there, welcome! Thanks for joining and responding to many of the topics. I'd love to go through them all, but this one especially piqued my interest. Was it the first time you solo'd the game, and what led you to decide to use just Leafeon? If it's your favorite, I totally understand.

Oooh, imagine how fuzzy a fusion between Leafeon and Jolteon would look! An evolved Leafeon would be quite puffy as well.

As for the current club topic,
Flareon is apparently the worst Eeveelution in terms of competitive battling. So I was wondering, what move set/stats/ability/etc could we give to it that would make it a little better?
Like Superstrength mentions, a priority move on Flareon and Flare Blitz would be phenomenal. Anything to make use of its great Attack, and the speed can be forgiven. Heat Flash sounds like it would be a special attack, so something like Heat Strike would work.
I can see Prankster being a suitable ability. Many of the eeveelutions have impish or elfish looking ears, haha.

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Username: Terridon
Eeveelution Partner: Umbreon

Answer a topic:
Do you have any Eeveelution merchandise?

Ah, yes I do. I own a Umbreon plush which came from the Pokemon Centre as one of it's celebrations (which I've forgotten which one it was, sorry if you wanted to know but maybe I'll post a picture sometime if people are interested)

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
Years
Username: oshimas
Eeveelution Partner: espeon
Are you using an Eeveelution in Pokémon X&Y? Have you used other Eeveelutions in other versions before?

mhm! i'm using all of the eeveelutions in my pokemon x. i have an eeveelution team i've used throughout the whole game. (which was: vaporeon, flareon, jolteon, espeon, sylveon, leafeon, and espeon. i still have love for glaceon and umbreon though.)it was so much fun since i've only had the chance to use one typing only in the last few games i've played. (mostly vaporeon and espeon) since i've only played yellow, crystal, and fire red before playing x. even then i couldn't breed them like how i wanted to and i only had both vaporeon or espeon on each game XD

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years
Revisiting an old topic!

Which eeveelution type would you like to see next?

Currently we're still lacking Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Rock and Steel.

jan2prado

Eat, Sleep, Repeat!
Years
Username: jan2prado
Eeveelution Partner: Espeon :3
Answer a topic: Flareon is apparently the worst Eeveelution in terms of competitive battling. So I was wondering, what move set/stats/ability/etc could we give to it that would make it a little better?
Actually Flareon is kinda better now with the ability Guts and goes with the moveset: Rest, Sleep Talk, Flare Blitz, Sunny Day/Dig/?

with Sun support and Guts + Rest, and also stab moves, he would be pretty useful for now but still unreliable since Flareon is still frail..

Crillex13

Shiny Poptart Eater
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 18, 2015
Username: Crillex13
Eeveelution Partner: Umbreon (definitely going shiny when I hit the requirements)

If you were given the chance to fuse two Eeveelutions into one, which would be your pick?

I would probably pick Umbreon and Flareon based on aesthetics. I would love to have a slightly fluffier Umbreon with orange replacing the yellow rings. I would leave Flareon's little mane off, because only the original eeveelutions (Flareon, Jolteon, Vaporeon, and Eevee itself) have it, and I think that's something that should stay unique to them.

Is it just me, or does anyone else see the eeveelutions as one big family? For me, I see Umbreon and Espeon as parental figures, Jolteon, Flareon, and Vaporeon are like upper-teenage brothers, Glaceon and Leafeon are like quiet twin sisters who are really close, Sylveon is a small, preschool age girl, and Eevee and a baby/young toddler. Am I the only one who sees it like this?

Years
Username: BuizelBushwhacks
Eeveelution Partner: Espeon
What do you think of Eevee as a starter?: I think it would be great. The fact that it's Normal-type (to break the usual Grass-Water-Fire), and for the fact that you can evolve it into any Eeveelution that you like. The best part is you can breed it to get all of the Eeveelutions. It'd take time, but it's worth it.

Jolteon Dan

Electric Boogaloo
Years
Username: Jolteon Dan
Eeveelution Partner: :t135: Jolteon (bet that's a shock)

On Flareon: I agree that a STAB priority move would be great for Flareon, especially since it has Guts and could make use of a Toxic Orb/Guts/Priority combo. The only downside is Toxic plus Flare Blitz recoil would really hurt.

Alternatively, if Flareon with its huge attack got Victini's V-Create, that would be amazing!

On putting an Eeveelution in teams: I've used Jolteon before in-game, but the problem is that it has to be taught Thunderbolt by TM as it doesn't learn the move naturally. On my Black 2/White 2 team, I had both Jolteon and Vaporeon on my Black 2 team, and that was pretty cool; reusable Thunderbolt came in Victory Road!

On Eevee as a Starter: Pokemon XD did it and it totally worked especially because the choice was out of 5.

In a main series game, I think Eevee as a starter would be a lot harder to pull off. Ideally it'd be best to have all the options available pretty early (or people will stop using Eevee which would be sad). It would be easy enough to have the stones in a Mart near the start of the game. It'd be harder albeit possible to justify the Moss and Ice Rock being in similar locations. For Espeon, Sylveon, and Umbreon though, you'd probably have to go the Pokemon XD route and offer specific items for their evolution, which isn't ideal in my opinion. Practical concerns aside, Eevee as a starter in a main series game would be very cool and worth trying.

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
Years
Revisiting an old topic!

Currently we're still lacking Bug, Dragon, Ghost, Ground, Poison, Rock and Steel.

i'd love to see a dragon or ghost type eevee to be honest. <3

Silri

Kimono Girl
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Nov 26, 2018
Revisiting an old topic!

I would like to see Dragon next. It would be the counterpart to Sylveon as well as complete the trend of Eeveelutions having 'special' typings from before the physical/special split. I don't want them to stop giving us Eeveelutions or anything... But if they did, I would be satisfied if the Dragon typing was the last one.

Besides, a draconic Eevee would just be the coolest thing ever! (Or maybe the cutest ♥)

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
Years
Welcome back to the Eevee sanctuary~ I'm so sorry for the delay in updating the members list.
I love that healing characteristic of Grass-type Pokemon too, but what surprises me about Leafeon is that it's also physically powerful. It packs a strong Leaf Blade. If only it knew a few other physical attacks to make use of its brawn, such as U-turn or even Sacred Sword... Maybe that's a stretch, but hey, it has something on its forehead and tail to work with, haha.
Tyvm! :D
&&&Well if I may say so myself Leafeon looks more male than female imo. So it doesn't surprise me it's quite powerful physically. I know that's a stereotype but hey most of the time it's true that girls take the healing/magic class and boys the melee class.
And that leaf on his forehead is just the most adorable thing ever. XD It's like that one curled strand of hair they give to babies, ooor that one up straight strand of hair anime characters have.

I would like to see Dragon next. It would be the counterpart to Sylveon as well as complete the trend of Eeveelutions having 'special' typings from before the physical/special split. I don't want them to stop giving us Eeveelutions or anything... But if they did, I would be satisfied if the Dragon typing was the last one.

Besides, a draconic Eevee would just be the coolest thing ever! (Or maybe the cutest ♥)
^This. Dragonic Eevee would look so epic. I wonder if its skin would look like Porygon's or just dragon scales.
Putting that aside I saw quite some cool looking Dragonic Eevee on the internet. So adorable<3.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024

I've always been interested in seeing what they would do with a Rock-type eeveelution. Rock has so many, commonplace, weaknesses though...

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
Username: Kurobat
Answer a topic: [cam't choose so I am going to answer most!]

- Flareon is apparently the worst Eeveelution in terms of competitive battling. So I was wondering, what move set/stats/ability/etc could we give to it that would make it a little better?

I am not really familiar regarding the general stats of Flareon, but I think an increase in its Attack would help it since the only decent Fire-type it has access to is Flare Blitz (Flamethrower is not useable with Flareon's already low SpA stat.) Also, wider move-pool would fix it.

- Has anyone put an Eeveelution or Eevee itself on your main teams? If so, which? What role does it play?

I've used every one of them in-game. However, competitively, I used a Jolteon on a Baton Pass team back in Gen III or IV, an Umbreon for a WishPasser, and a MB Sylveon this gen. Sylveon is a beast with its SpD.

- If you were given the chance to fuse two Eeveelutions into one, which would be your pick?

Flareon and Umbreon. Flaming Darkness sounds cool.

- Which Eeveelution type would you like to see next? Which one do you expect to see next?

Dragon. And Fighting.

- Are you planning on evolving a Shiny when you manage to find one or keep it as an Eevee? If yes, which eeveelution will you choose?

UMBREON'S RINGS GLOW BLUE ASDFGHJKL

- What do you think of Eevee as a starter?

It's fine, I think. But the difficulty of evolving it might prove to be troublesome.

- Do you remember the first Eeveelution you've owned in your games? What was it and in what game?

Vaporeon in LG.

- Do you have any Eeveelution merchandise?

No.

- What animal do you think Eevee and its Eeveelutions are based of?

Foxes?

- Does anyone think they might release another Eeveelution to coincide with Sylveon?

No.

- How would you react to seeing just Eevee get a Mega Evolution in XY?

M-Leafeon please. I mean, it looks really promising to have a M-Evolution. Imagine those leaves growing and all that.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
Username: Logical Cabbage

Partner: Flareon

Current Topic: How can Flareon be the worst? There isn't even a worst Eeveelution in my book. Flareon has an awesome attack and hits critical damage to opponents. Plus, Flash Fire is a good ability for it to have. One thing I admit Flareon needs an improvement in is the move pool. There are few fire attack moves it can do and everyone knows Flareon isn't the best in special attack. Maybe giving it the wise glasses can help improve special attack moves.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
Years
Username: Stoney the Togekiss

Eeveevolution partner: Umbreon
(Because it looks the most like my cat)

Answer a topic:

Flareon is apparently the worst Eeveelution in terms of competitive battling. So I was wondering, what move set/stats/ability/etc could we give to it that would make it a little better?

Having Prankster as it's Ability would help...
It could burn opponents with Will-O-Wisp before they could attack, making
it's poor defense a LOT better & the damage from the burn will also help it on the
offense. But Will-O-Wisp has 85% accuracy, so it can be costly...

Charm is more reliable & pretty much has the same effect as a burn, but the difference is
that opponent won't take burn damage & they can switch out to remove the sharp Attack
drop. However, one could take advantage of their opponent switching pokemon by having
a different pokemon using Stealth Rock, Spikes, Toxic Spikes &/or that web-based trap move.
(can't remember what it's called... I just know that it isn't Spider Web...)

& it could use Sunny Day before they can do anything... now that Flareon can ACTUALLY
use Flare Blitz (learned at lv.45 on XY), it can do some serious damage.
I wonder... would Prankster Will-O-Wisp or Charm be enough to make it a tank?

All it'd be lacking is a reliable recovery move...
Although, if it uses Will-O-Wisp or Charm, Sunny Day, Flare Blitz & a recovery move,
It wouldn't have coverage... but a different pokemon could set up Sunny Day (or Drought)
Then Flareon could use a different attack for coverage. (not sure if it has any good coverage
moves to go off it's Attack...)

& I had a idea in mind that'd help ALL the Eeveevolutions:
An item called Eon Booster that'd incease the Eeveevolution's worse 3 stats by 1.5X.
For the ones that has HP as one of it's 3 worse stats, instead of inceasing it, it'd give
20% healing per turn.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Not sure what were talking about right now so I'll reply to what I found most interesting, sorry if it's off-topic :D

I've always been interested in seeing what they would do with a Rock-type eeveelution. Rock has so many, commonplace, weaknesses though...
Mmm this is something I'd really like to see. There's the potential to have a very fast and sharp attacking wolf with fangs of sharp rock, or they could go for the more expected "supertank" route - I highly hope they'll go for the former but given the standard Eevee evolution stat spread they all follow I'm not sure how viable they can really make it without copying some of the others. I'd also love to see a Poison-type Eevee just because it's my favourite type and Toxeon sounds cool, but I can't see that concept becoming anything other than a disappointment haha.

Years
  • Age 26
  • U.S
  • Seen Jul 18, 2014
Username: Lady Malice
Answer a topic:
Are you using an Eeveelution in Pokémon X&Y?
Yes! I'm using two, my shiny Sylveon and shiny Umbreon I got as Eevees from the GTS in my Black 2 game. I use my Sylveon a lot, mostly because he is pretty versatile when it comes to moves and is a skilled battler. Sylveon and Umbreon are my two favorite Pokemon........ I love them a lot needless to say. I spend most of the time playing with them on the Pokemon Amie haha

SonicUpdater

Helping the trainers
Years
Username: SonicUpdater
Eeveelution Partner: Eevee
Answer a topic: What do you think of Eevee as a starter?
If I remember correctly the only Pokemon games (that I know of) that allowed you to have Eevee as a starter was "Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness" and "Pokemon Conquest". The idea of having Eevee as a starter really does give players a lot of options though. Being able to choose from 8 types (not including normal typing) gives players far more better variety than 3 types that we all are use to seeing. Overall, I would love to see another Pokemon game to make Eevee a starter Pokemon, but until then I will be doing solo runs with newly hatched Eevee's.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Not sure what were talking about right now so I'll reply to what I found most interesting, sorry if it's off-topic :D

Mmm this is something I'd really like to see. There's the potential to have a very fast and sharp attacking wolf with fangs of sharp rock, or they could go for the more expected "supertank" route - I highly hope they'll go for the former but given the standard Eevee evolution stat spread they all follow I'm not sure how viable they can really make it without copying some of the others. I'd also love to see a Poison-type Eevee just because it's my favourite type and Toxeon sounds cool, but I can't see that concept becoming anything other than a disappointment haha.
Well, it could be clunky and just get Rock Polish or Shell Smash then turn into a fast/hard-hitting Pokemon as well :)

Back