• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowdrop

Back and ready to babble!
Years
I like this Gen's Grassies. I dislike Flabebe and hate Floette, but who cares? Florges is AWESOME! It's beautiful! Skiddo and Gogoat are great, thought I like Skiddo a bit better so I may not evolve it. Phantump is alright and I dislike Trevenant, I think it looks very uncreative. I don't really know what to feel about Pumpakaboo...

Now onto the big guns, Chespin's line! Chespin's final evolution has been revealed, and it's Grass/Fighting. It's shell, head, and torso in general have an excellent design to me but the arms and legs ruin it.

So yeah, we're not getting too many new species at all this gen, but the new Grassies are good.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I really like all of the grass types so far. I admit I was a little put off when I saw Chespin's final evolution, but it's starting to grow on me. I'm wondering if there's some new pokemon that haven't been revealed yet, because I think that if they're going to release a new type, there has to be some more. I don't know, speculation stuff...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Sorry everyone, I've been AFK for a bit due to the sucky Internet. :c

Anyways... Welcome to the grass-type club, Pixie! Good to have you join us.

Originally Posted by Cirno
I was! Though if I remember right, we didn't get too many grass types with the sixth gen. :C But no fear - there are still some great new ones, like the Gogoat line! I was very surprised Flabébé and its line wasn't part grass, though. They really do look like plants.

Hmm, I think I agree. Especially Florges. Flabébé and Floette are shown as "Single Bloom Pokemon" according to the Pokemon Database, and Florges is a "Garden Pokemon". They definitely should have been made Fairy- and Grass-type, in my opinion. I honestly don't think Dedenne shows any fairy-like characteristics and yet they made him Fairy and Electric!

Originally Posted by Snowdrop
I like this Gen's Grassies. I dislike Flabebe and hate Floette, but who cares? Florges is AWESOME! It's beautiful! Skiddo and Gogoat are great, thought I like Skiddo a bit better so I may not evolve it.

Awh, how could anyone hate Floette? D: It's really cute, I reckon! But yeah, Florges is a pretty cool Pokemon! I like the mermaid design!

I don't think I will evolve Skiddo either. It's stats are not the best, but give him an Eviolite and he should be fine!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
In my first playthrough, the only grass types I've been using are Chesnaught and Venusaur. I'm loving Chesnaught so far. His defense is awseome with a not too shabby attack to boot! He also gets leech seed and bulk up, so recovery is easy to get, if you're willing to wait that is.

Years
Aww, I actually adore Flabebe (pardon the lack of accent marks..) and Floette, especially the latter. But.. did you guys know Flabebe and its line are actually only fairy types? I was very shocked to see that as they so clearly look like they'd be at least part grass.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I thought they would be too. I wanted a grass/fairy not necessarily to have on my team, but just to have that new type combination. I wonder how it will fare in competitive play, although that's probably just me. Design wise, I'm not one that's partial to the cute pokemon, so I wasn't a big fan.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
How does everyone feel about the 4 new Ghost/Grass Pokemon? That is a combo never done before and their move sets are quite interesting. These ones being Phantump, its evolved form Trevenant (who I have grown to like), Pumpkaboo and its evolved form Gourgeist.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I really like Phantump. It's cute. (: You could hang these Pokémon around the trees of your house during Halloween—they'd look very neat! Trevenant, its evolved form, doesn't look too bad either. Its stats are quite low, though, which wouldn't make it a good Pokémon for battling. It does have a good Attack stat, but I don't think it can good advantage of it, as it doesn't have enough Speed or defenses to back it up. I'm guessing they'll be giving it some sort of an evolution in one of the future games, so that its stats could become a little more balanced. d:

Pumpkaboo is pretty cute, too. And I absolutely love the concept behind it—it's a pumpkin-bat Pokémon! The top part of its body is supposed to look like a bat, and the bottom is meant to resemble a pumpkin. Its evolution, Gourgeist, is okay-looking, buuut… I probably would've liked it more if it was a little more bulky. Stats-wise, Gourgeist isn't that bad. Its base Defense stat equals to one twenty-two, which is a lot. Not only that, but it's also got great Speed, Sp. Defense, and Attack. Its Sp. Attack is extremely low, though, which sucks. It has a variety of special-based moves in its movepool, and thanks to its low Special Attack stat, it won't be able to make good use of them.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Trevenant has seen some use in the competitive scene as a, believe it or not, staller. Taking advantage of its harvest ability, berries, leech seed, and substitute. It can be pretty annoying, but it's not that hard to take down as long as you're faster than it.

Gourgeist is seeing some use as well, but it's not as popular as Trevenant. It's currently being used as more of a defensive wall, which suits it well. Unfortunately, it gets outclassed in that position, so that's a bummer for out new grass type.

I'm liking the ghost/grass pokemon. I think the designs are cool and unique. I don't think any of them will make it on my grass team, but they have their niches.

GryphusHUN

Water-type Champion
Years
Username:GryphusHUN
Nickname:Griffon or Gryphus
Two Grass-type pokemon:Venusaur(Griffon) and Roselia (Beauty)
Who is your favourite Grass-type gym leader? : Erika beacuse I love 1st generation and I think that she is an amazing gym leader.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Originally Posted by Perdition Haze
I really like Phantump. It's cute. (: You could hang these Pokémon around the trees of your house during Halloween—they'd look very neat! Trevenant, its evolved form, doesn't look too bad either. Its stats are quite low, though, which wouldn't make it a good Pokémon for battling. It does have a good Attack stat, but I don't think it can good advantage of it, as it doesn't have enough Speed or defenses to back it up. I'm guessing they'll be giving it some sort of an evolution in one of the future games, so that its stats could become a little more balanced. d:

Pumpkaboo is pretty cute, too. And I absolutely love the concept behind it—it's a pumpkin-bat Pokémon! The top part of its body is supposed to look like a bat, and the bottom is meant to resemble a pumpkin. Its evolution, Gourgeist, is okay-looking, buuut… I probably would've liked it more if it was a little more bulky. Stats-wise, Gourgeist isn't that bad. Its base Defense stat equals to one twenty-two, which is a lot. Not only that, but it's also got great Speed, Sp. Defense, and Attack. Its Sp. Attack is extremely low, though, which sucks. It has a variety of special-based moves in its movepool, and thanks to its low Special Attack stat, it won't be able to make good use of them.

D'aww, Phantum decorations for Halloween? That's an adorable idea! I like it. ^^ You could also hang Pumpkaboos around your house aswell! :D But I agree with what you said about Trevenant. looking at it's stats I can see that it wouldn't make the best Pokemon battle-wise, but otherwise I rather like the design. I've actually seen Fakemon quite similar to this guy!

Gogoat Rocks!

The Hype is Real
Years
Can I join? I'm a Huge fan of grass types. :)

Username: Gogoat Rocks!
Nickname: Gogoat or Gogoat Rocks!
Two Grass-type pokemon: Chikorita and Gogoat(if you can't get gogoats sprite than Servine). no Nicknames
What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
That would be Chikorita. It's so cute and reliable. It was also one of the first pokemon I ever saw. :)
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?
Erika. I'm not sure why. I just like her best.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
I've always love trees, flowers, plants and everything in nature. so when I found out about grass type pokemon, they've been my favorite ever since.
What is your favorite grass-type starter?
Chikorita :)

Hyzenthlay

Years
Can I join? I'm a Huge fan of grass types. :)

Username: Gogoat Rocks!
Nickname: Gogoat or Gogoat Rocks!
Two Grass-type pokemon: Chikorita and Gogoat(if you can't get gogoats sprite than Servine). no Nicknames
What is your favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?
That would be Chikorita. It's so cute and reliable. It was also one of the first pokemon I ever saw. :)
Who is your favorite grass-type gym leader and why?
Erika. I'm not sure why. I just like her best.
What made you love grass-type Pokemon?
I've always love trees, flowers, plants and everything in nature. so when I found out about grass type pokemon, they've been my favorite ever since.
What is your favorite grass-type starter?
Chikorita :)

Of course you may join us! Welcome to the grass-type fan club!

So, I see that you are a big fan of Gogoat. c: Are there any other sixth generation grass-type Pokemon that you like?

fireflystorm

shsl loser
Years
Username: fireflystorm
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: alex, or firefly!
Two pokemon: Petilil & Breloom
Pick your partner's nickname: Petilil's nickname is Sweets!
Answer one or more of the club's topics:
What's your favorite grass-type pokemon and why?
That would have to be a close tie between Breloom and Celebi, but I'll go with Breloom because Celebi is a legendary! I really started to love grass-types when I was playing Pokemon on my own game the very first time (that is, my Ruby game). I decided that I was going to keep all the Pokemon I started with in my party as long as possible, so my Shroomish stayed with me until a little before the E4, and of course, eventually evolved into Breloom. Turns out Breloom kicks butt. I could take out anyone with it! Not to mention, I love the peskiness of grass types -- sure, maybe you'll defeat them, but you'll come out of it poisoned, paralyzed and asleep! I love that. So, I loved my Breloom to bits.

Pokemount

Hello
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 27, 2013
How does everyone feel about the 4 new Ghost/Grass Pokemon?

I think they are a really neat addition to the Grass-Type family. I caught a Gourgesit myself and I'm loving its stalling abilities.

Hyzenthlay

Years
Sorry Alex and Gogoat, I was gone for a bit so that's why I didn't have time to add you! But warm welcomes all the same! ^^

What's everyone's Pokemon X or Y team so far? :D

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2015
I'm joining now
Username:
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: LilligantMaster
Two Members: Cradily and Lilligant
Pick your partner's nickname (optional): Screech and Belle

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
What's everyone's Pokemon X or Y team so far? :D
Well, in game my party was:
Chesnaught
Venusaur
Talonflame
Pangoro
Tyrantrum
Lapras

I think I spelt all the names right. I don't feel like checking right now. I had to choose the grass starters, both of them! :D

Since I'm a competitive battler, here's my competitive team so far:
Mienshao
Scizor
Rotom-W
Sylveon
Volcarona
Haxorus

You know, not a single grass type on this team. I'm disappointed with myself. D:

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Username: atif
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Ocean
Two grass-type Pokemon: Vileplume and Celebi <3
Partner Pokemon: Vileplume all the way :>

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?

I'll tell you the exact reason why I like Grass Types. They are superior in competitive play; way better then most other types. They can tank out most moves too, especially moves that aren't effective. There's also some suuper cute ones, such as Petlil and Whimsicott. But I can barely express my like for Vileplume in words! It's so... pretty! The flowers on it's head really stand out, it's eyes are cuute and it's super amazing in competitive battling! It's pre-evolutions are super unique too. :>

The Grass-Type legendaries are beautiful. It's a shame that GF don't make much legendaries that are the Type; they should definitely do so. Virizion was okay; but I didn't really see it to be too good. I just want my cute Celebi! <3

Hyzenthlay

Years
Username: atif
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Ocean
Two grass-type Pokemon: Vileplume and Celebi <3
Partner Pokemon: Vileplume all the way :>

What is you favorite grass-type Pokemon and why?

I'll tell you the exact reason why I like Grass Types. They are superior in competitive play; way better then most other types. They can tank out most moves too, especially moves that aren't effective. There's also some suuper cute ones, such as Petlil and Whimsicott. But I can barely express my like for Vileplume in words! It's so... pretty! The flowers on it's head really stand out, it's eyes are cuute and it's super amazing in competitive battling! It's pre-evolutions are super unique too. :>

The Grass-Type legendaries are beautiful. It's a shame that GF don't make much legendaries that are the Type; they should definitely do so. Virizion was okay; but I didn't really see it to be too good. I just want my cute Celebi! <3

Agh, jealous of your ability to make a long post. xD

Anyways, welcome to the club, Ocean! :D Same goes to you, SLKMUGEN!

Vileplume is certainly a cute Pokemon, isn't it? Definitely my favourite Poison- and Grass-type Pokemon! ^^ I love that cute little face! :D

So, what do you think of the new Grass-types of generation 6, hm? Have any made it into your team, or don't you own either of the games?

And here's my answer to "What's everyone's Pokemon X or Y team so far?":

I have only started the game (the team in my signature is what I plan), so here is the short list so far...

Froakie (Chakroak) ♂
Lvl 34

Charmeleon (Smaug) ♂
Lvl 35

Yeah, that's it. ^^ Searching for a white Flabebe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back