• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

✿ Petals in the Wind - The Grass-type Fan Club ✿

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Oh, you have a blue Florges? :D Is it a good colour? I've found three of them, so I'm kind of torn between white and blue.
Yeah! Blue is seriously amazing! Try looking at it online, and you'll see what I mean! :>

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
It took me forever to figure out that Florges changes colors based on which flowers you spot it in. I just kept thinking it was random. However, the first time I saw a different color one I thought it was a shiny. I was disappointed to say the least...

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
Atif, you're right! She looks like a beautiful mermaid, and the blue and green really fit well together. <3 I've made up my mind! C:

Originally Posted by Slayr231
It took me forever to figure out that Florges changes colors based on which flowers you spot it in. I just kept thinking it was random. However, the first time I saw a different color one I thought it was a shiny. I was disappointed to say the least...

When I ran into an orange Flabebe, I was very excited to have caught a shiny, but alas! When I searched it up it turned out it was just one of the three most common colours. :c

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I really think Gamefreak messed up when they didn't make it part grass type. I mean, it can learn a move that powers up grass type moves by something percent. And yes, I don't feel like searching said move up.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I agree! Flabebe seemed like the perfect canditate for Grass/Fairy. It's kind of a shame they didn't add it in. I mean if you think about it, Flabebe is basically a flower. Flowers are naturally found in forests, gardens, in the bush, places that are surrounded by tons of grass. I'm not really sure why they'd leave it out but I guess we can consider this a 'nintendo logic' moment? :p

Hyzenthlay

Years
I agree with this. ^

It draws out and controls the hidden power of flowers. The flower Flabébé holds is most likely part of its body.

If the flower really is part of this Pokemon's body, then that's even more of a reason to be part grass-type.

Also, both Flabebe and Floette are Single Bloom Pokemon (I don't remember if I already said this) and Florges is a Garden Pokemon! This Pokemon's movepool consists mostly of grass-type moves as well.

I really thought Game Freak was going to change that before the game came out.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Dice brings up a fairly good point! Then again there could be numerous reasons why they'd leave the grass typing out. Perhaps flower doesn't necessarily equal to grass? That or they just had a lack of pure fairy types. There could be other possibilities but those are the only ones I can think of. :p

Hyzenthlay

Years
I don't know if they had a lack of pure fairy-types. For the sixth generation there is Xerneas, Sylveon, Swirlix and Spirtzee, and you really only need one on your team (unless you want an all fairy-type party).

But I suppose it would have more weaknesses if it was also grass-type, with poison doing 4x more damage. Then again, you don't often come across Poison-type trainers, huh?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I don't know if they had a lack of pure fairy-types. For the sixth generation there is Xerneas, Sylveon, Swirlix and Spirtzee, and you really only need one on your team (unless you want an all fairy-type party).

But I suppose it would have more weaknesses if it was also grass-type, with poison doing 4x more damage. Then again, you don't often come across Poison-type trainers, huh?
Poison monotypes are about the rarest monotype teams. I think the only one that's even more rare is rock. Other than that, poison is so rare, I don't really have a strategy for when I come across one. I just attack and hopefully win.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Username: Avishka
Do you want to go by a nickname? If so, your nickname is: Avi
Two grass-type Pokemon: Lilligant and Snivy
Partner Pokemon: Lilligant

At first I thought Florges is a grass type Pokemon...i had no idea that Florges is a fairy type Pokemon.

Years
I think Florges is definitely one of the more interesting Fairy-types out there, many would think its' floral design motif, the presence of Grass moves in her movepool and heck even being known as the Garden Pokemon would make you believe she's a Grass-type, but no she's pure-Fairy.

I do sorta agree with Sophie (aka Aslan) that I was surprised that they didn't make her Grass/Fairy (lol she would have suffered a 4x Poison weakness then) but we still got a Grass/Fairy in Cottonee's line. Plus I love all the different flower colors Flabebe's evolution line come in, the blue ones are my fave for sure!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I don't think they necessarily left out the grass typing just for the sake of a 4x poison weakness. I mean look at how many Pokemon are 4x weak to fire, water, flying, rock, anything really. And I love how they come in different colours as well! Despite pink never really being one of my favourite colours, I think Flabebe looks cutest in it. Yellow would be a close favourite though. :]

And welcome to the club Avishka!

Hyzenthlay

Years
Uh-oh, I've been lazy as a club owner and haven't replied for quite a bit. :P

Welcome Avi, my fellow rabbit rager! >:D Glad to have you join us!

And I like your new grass-type team, CloysterOyster! :3 An all-starter party! How has it been so far?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I guess I should also say that I revamped my grass team for the new gen. Haven't had any battles yet, but it should be pretty solid... in theory, that is.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

Years
I guess I should also say that I revamped my grass team for the new gen. Haven't had any battles yet, but it should be pretty solid... in theory, that is.

Spoiler:

I see you have replaced Jumpluff and Sceptile, Slayr. Any particular reason? :D

By the way everyone, there's a new topic!

What is your favourite grass-type move and why?

I've got a few favourites actually...

Leaf Blade, it's a move I cannot refuse for my grass-type Pokemon. With its 90 physical damage and increased critical hit ratio of 1⁄8, I can't help but use it over and over again when my Pokemon are battling! :D

Energy Ball. For this move I can basically say the same as the above but I would switch Leaf Blade with this one if my grass-type was more focused on Special Attack rather than Attack. I prefer the high crit ratio myself but the chance of lowering defense is also a positive asset that I like. :3

Giga Drain. I have always liked HP draining moves, and I this particular one is the best in my opinion. I seem to always get a sense of fulfillment whenever I use this move and I like the 65% HP recovery when holding a Big Root. With a base power of 75, I reckon this move can really come in handy!

Petal Blizzard is a particular favourite of mine, even if it might not be as good as the above three. I just enjoy watching this physical move hit, and I especially like having one suitable for triple battles or Pokemon X and Y's hordes.

Last edited:
Years
What's your favourite grass-type move and why?

Leaf Storm for sure, I love how it's a powerful attack in its own right and heck it even has a very beautiful animation to go with it. Some of my other fave Grass attacks include Magical Leaf (it's like a Grass Aerial Ace so it bypasses accuracy/evasion modifiers), Leaf Blade (one of the best physical Grass moves) and Petal Dance (Own Tempo Lilligant is such a beast with this move).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back