• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

日本と日本語クラブ・The Japanese Fan Club!

Yamato-san

Banned
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Feb 15, 2012
    よー、俺も入りたい。イイか。

If you can't tell from my sig, I know quite a bit. I can't say I have much of a problem with learning kanji, but are there any tips for learning grammar? Particularly the wide array of speech variants and dialects?

Kimicatdemon

One who randomly returns!
    Years
    I know...schools in america will teach chinese but not japanese, Noooo....just becuase everything sold here has a MADE IN CHINA imprint on it...or...at least that's my guess....XD

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    ^As for Kanji, even though I know only VERY few... =3

I've asked a Professor who teaches people who major in Japanese, and he said that studies show that a Kanji is only perfectly memorized when you've seen it used about ten times. For example, when you go to Japantown (or somewhere with a lot of Japanese words), see how it is used and read it, and after about ten random identifications of the Kanji character, it is almost for sure that you will not forget it XD

Kimicatdemon

Years
    The most common type of Jap. taught here in america is Hirigana. It's mostly used in the manga so I guess that's why.

But if found to text book on teaching Japanese, and a little guide book too!! I'm learning!!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I know...schools in america will teach chinese but not japanese, Noooo....just becuase everything sold here has a MADE IN CHINA imprint on it...or...at least that's my guess....XD
    Actually. A high school right in my area teaches Japanese.... but that was the only good thing about the high school. It wasn't in the greatest area nor was very recommended and I didn't like the high school too much so going to a high school because it offered Japanese was a little strange for me
    Plus I wasn't zoned for it!
    Oh sweet, only just ten identifications and you've memorized it?!
    Oh wow! I must go to Pokesho and translate as much as I can!
    Seriously, I bet if you go to a Japanese site many times a day every day, you will begin to know more and more kanji and Japanese words and terms.

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I've been trying to learn Japanese for about 2 months now XD I aint really got the hang of things yet but i'm improving ^^;

One question: How can I write the Japanese writing here? I can't seem to do it >.<

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    One question: How can I write the Japanese writing here? I can't seem to do it >.<
    You install the Japanese writing input system onto your computer. You need the ability to install stuff on your computer account. But there is a side effect. the c drive's / thingie turns into a yen sign. But you cant really get any virus from this type of installation
    Here's the site where I learned how to install it

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    hmm...does anyone here know how to learn hatakana or kanji the easy way? im really having a hard time with my own lessons in hatakana...can someone teach me?
    I suggest you write them over and over and over again. My advice is to use Japanese names from a favorite anime or manga series and write them in katakana and hiragana. Also, write Japanese words in hiragana too. I used Pokemon of course.
    As embarrassed as I am about when I first started, I'll 'fess up a little secret
    I used to spell "I" as ワタシ, not 私 nor わたし

Kimicatdemon

Years
    I was in the japanese club and they taught us Japanese...we were just getting to the double symbols too! That makes it much harder to read the complex characteristics...

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    ^日本語は とても 難しい です ねえ! Japanese is very hard. I'm not getting very good grades in my Japanese class, so... yeah ^__^;;

phantom_zangetsu

PC's sandman!
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    I suggest you write them over and over and over again. My advice is to use Japanese names from a favorite anime or manga series and write them in katakana and hiragana. Also, write Japanese words in hiragana too. I used Pokemon of course.
    As embarrassed as I am about when I first started, I'll 'fess up a little secret
    I used to spell "I" as ワタシ, not 私 nor わたし

umm...i dont think i could understand them...umm....they are all just a bunch of squares....

Kimicatdemon

Years
    Hey! You translated it too!! thank you!! This computer doesn't have Jap. buttons on it.... I can't even download the choice to download it...library computer...:P
    I'm still intrested in Japanese though...

Kimicatdemon

Years
    I know that void...I'm going to study it this summer so I don't mess up on conjugations in spanish...

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Hey! You translated it too!! thank you!! This computer doesn't have Jap. buttons on it.... I can't even download the choice to download it...library computer...
    Do you always use a library computer? Do you have any internet at home? Just curious
    And those stupid library computers definitely have the control panel disabled.... I know from experience. Also, on some forums, they wont even let you use forum code like
    Example:
    this stuff

btw I know some good sites for translating
    babelfish: mainly for kanji meanings though
    freedict: you dont even have to type in Japanese!
    and then there's google
    mata ne!

Kimicatdemon

Years
    I'll check that out soon....;________; no, I don't have internet at home...just a computer which I desparately write fanfictions that will proably never be published...:P Besides, I need to download Jap. on my computer with the disc which is with my dad....

Back