• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

104 tabs, that's a new record!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    I'm serious, I just literally made Firefox crash because I had 104 tabs open.

How many tabs do you tend to have open at a time? Do you close them, or leave them open?

I have a big problem with tabs... I can't keep them under control...and sometimes they're DUPLICATE of other pages.

where's the thread for Too Many Tabs Anonymous :(

Years
    I tend to have no more than 15-20 tabs open at a time because they'll just eventually slow my computer almost to the point where I have to hardboot it in order to use it again.

Years
    I'm serious, I just literally made Firefox crash because I had 104 tabs open.

I tend to have no more than 15-20 tabs open at a time because they'll just eventually slow my computer almost to the point where I have to hardboot it in order to use it again.

What do you guys do that you need that many tabs open? D: I start closing tabs once the count hits like 10. I can't stand having a convoluted tab bar :c

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    What do you guys do that you need that many tabs open? D: I start closing tabs once the count hits like 10. I can't stand having a convoluted tab bar :c

idk, that's the issue D|

I guess there's so many things I want to do at once. :p I kind of have a racing mind sometimes.

Years
    There's this addicting site called PokéCommunity, and it's so addicting that I just want to post in as many places as possible.

Years
    There's this addicting site called PokéCommunity, and it's so addicting that I just want to post in as many places as possible.

That's true XD Sometimes I find myself having like 5 tabs directed to 5 different sections in order to see every topic.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    The usual number of tabs I can have when I was in the middle of doing a research essay while multi-tasking on pc/youtube would be like, 25 tabs.

The highest number of tabs I've opened were over 100 when I wanted to click eggs on GPX+.

Blu·Ray

Manta Ray Pokémon
    Years
    Oh tabs... I love tabs, tabs are everywhere, tabs are wonderful, but they take my RAM.

Seriously, I only have 10 tabs open, but Opera is using more than 2 gigs of RAM...

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I usually have like, at least 20 tabs open at a time. More comes when I'm searching for cute images or if I'm saving tabs to show people things online.

I'm a multitasker and I switch my focus from one thing to the next. I can't focus on one thing at a time. xD

I <3 tabs! Without them, my internet experience wouldn't be as good. :P

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You're all crazy! 20 tabs, regularly, is a lot to me o_o.

At the moment I have 4, the most I go is probably 10. I close tabs once I'm done with them. I really don't see any need for more than that o_o if I need to revisit a site it takes 5 seconds to type it in the bar XD.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    I used to have tons... like 80 or more at times. Finally managed to sort through it, and now I make sure I don't ever have to scroll to see all of the tabs. lol

17 right now. Most of which are things that I go to every day, like google calendar. A few are things that I'm going to maybe eventually do something with, but probably won't actually... but they still sit there waiting for me anyway.

Years
    I close my tabs periodically but I also find myself doing Ctrl + Shift + T way too often so maybe I shouldn't. Still, I find it hard to concentrate when I have too many tabs open; the same applies to when my taskbar is too cluttered, too. It's kind of ironic, considering how cluttered my desk space is in real life.

Dustmop

[i]Fight for what makes you happy[/i]
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    I try to keep it low enough that I don't have to scroll through tabs. The max I can usually open in Firefox is 17 or 18 before the side arrows come up and get in my way. ....But then I just open a new window.

The nice thing about Lunascape is that it just stacks tabs on top of one another. It only allows space for 12 tabs in a row, but then it just makes more rows for more tabs. It does have a max, though. 12 columns, 8 full rows, and then 4 more tabs can open in a 9th row; one hundred tabs open. Takes up half of the browser, but at least I can read them all, lol.

To answer the actual question.. I usually only have 5-10 tabs open for regular browsing, and I'll usually close them after I finish whatever I was doing on a page.
    If I'm looking up achievements researching various things, then there's really no limit to what I'll open. I'll either keep opening new windows in FF when I hit the 17 mark, or I'll just use Lunascape if I know I'll be doing a lot.

Never had a browser crash on me, either. At least not for the sheer amount of tabs open, usually for something stupid like Java/flash/etc poops.. so hat's off to you guys. xD

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    The highest number of tabs I've opened were over 100 when I wanted to click eggs on GPX+.

Back when the Berry Feeder didn't exist, right? I remember going to the limit of 300 after fooling with the settings so it doesn't crash. xDD

But in all seriousness... I normally have 4-5 tabs open... Until I go to any kind of Wiki... or researching for essays and such.

Advice: Don't go to TV Tropes if you value your amount of tabs.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    I normally have 3 to 5 tabs (mainly the Pokemon forum I'm on, Last.FM, and Facebook) at a time open, but I tend to close them after a few minutes if I'm not using them anymore (Facebook or Last FM).

I usually just have bookmark shortcuts so I can easily open new tabs and close them, and reopen later - without much difficulty in finding them

The Max I have open are 8, usually when I'm searching for new music - for example one tab open on Metal Archives bands by country - next tab a specific band - next tab one of their albums - next tab YouTube searching for their music - next tab one of the songs to listen to - next tab Google searching for reviews on the band/album - next tab results for the reviews (just to not close the previous tab) - and if I love the music I'll open another Google tab to search for the album (to see where I can find it to buy it).

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    My OCD cannot handle more than a few tabs open. The most I ever have open is five or six and usually one is just my Bittorrent Sync tab (I use my Linux desktop as a server for that, too).

Back