• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: 1337, March 05: Pok?mon :: Shadows of Eternity

What do you REALLY think of my hack?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2005
    I think this is one of the best hacks around here by far and you seem intent on finishing it so here's hoping you keep up the good work :)

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    3 new screens!

I know that I promised screens, and I'm one to deliver on promises! So screens I give you! Enjoy, and tell me what you think!

BTW, I know that the backsprite for the male character has not been altered yet. I'll be doing that rather soon.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Oh, screens look nice.*drools over screens*Anywho nice job BG I like what the overworld sprites look like in screen 2 and 3.

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Alrighty... here's an updaterooni...

I have been editing the hero sprites and they are finally done! *jumps for joy* It was a hellish experience to do so, but necessary nonetheless. What's next? I'm going to edit Poochyena's overworld sprite, so that it matches Roedenna. Then... I'm going to start mapping the first major city, in which a gym is situated, and will fiddle around with that... after I get that done, the beta should be really close to being ready.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Yay go BG great updates. The demo is going to rule! Keep up the good work.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2005
    Wow. This has really come along since I last checked up on it (back when the thread had 6 pages >_<). It looks amazing! Blueguy, if you want me to sprite anything for you, just say the word ^_^

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Awesome hack blueguy this is the best hack I ever heard of. I hope the beta version will be released soon

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    The beta will be released when it is released. That's all I can say. :P I've been taking a bit of a break, so... yeah. But, anyways. The first major city will be sooooooo cool. It involves "cloning" and such. ;) That's all I'll say. *runs off*

blueguy

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Ooooh! I'd love another sticky. *gets greedy* But how about we share the wealth! lol I personally don't believe that anyone's really been stepping up lately... but maybe once I finish a beta I'll get an uber. Who knows. The sky's the limit.

To reveal more:

The first city will be centered around symmetry and conformity. Every single person in the city, excluding people within the gym look the same. All girls will look a set way, and all boys will look a set way, and it shall be verrrrrrry freaky! *fear the freaky clone-ishness*

In the gym, you just might have to face YOUR OWN demons. *hints* (If you get what I mean, then don't spoil it for others.)

What else... The gym leader will be a relative of Duplica, a character in the anime that possessed a ditto. So, this just might give you a clue as to this gym leader's roster.

Also, some more familar characters will be available to be fought on the route leading to the aforementioned freaky clone city. I am positive you'll be familar with them.

This is all I'll say for a while! I will get some work done on the weekend. The beta is fast approaching! (Though it is going much slower than expected, due to laziness and reluctancy to work on my part.)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back