• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA 20 years at PC, AMA

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • 20 years at PC, AMA

Hello everyone! As of today I've officially* been a member of PC for 20 years (joined on December 14, 2002). Ask me anything.

20 years at PC, AMA

*I technically joined in the summer of 2002 but don't remember that account's join date and I didn't stick around until the December anyway.

20 years at PC, AMA

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    What's the funniest thing you've seen on PC (so far) ?

What is the best way to make a sacrifice in your honor? ⚡️

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Do you think the site is better as it is now, or do you long for the old days? Was it simpler to navigate the site back then?

Cherrim

Years
  • what was your favorite pokemon before cherrim came into the world?
    It was Pichu for a long time. Even well past when it was actually Cherrim, I refused to admit it and called Pichu my fave for a few more years.
    Why are you obsessed with 4chan and being an outright menace?

Inky told me to post this or he'd beat me up.
    Tell Inky I'm gonna beat him up.
    What's the funniest thing you've seen on PC (so far) ?

What is the best way to make a sacrifice in your honor? ⚡️
    Probably the time Audy hardcoded in like a million notifications to troll me and then promptly went to bed so I was stuck with them for a day:
    20 years at PC, AMA

And no sacrifices, just pet a cat. ♥
    How's Lightning the Pichu doing
    Almost all of my Pichu stuff is in storage and I don't even remember the last time I trained a Pichu in a Pokémon game. I should rectify this...
    how does it feel knowing your account is older than a lot of our current user base
    traumatic
    what's your favourite digimon
    Gatomon, although I haven't really looked at Digimon in a long time so maybe I'd find one I like more these days.
    Do you think the site is better as it is now, or do you long for the old days? Was it simpler to navigate the site back then?
    Definitely better now. It may have been a lot more active back in the day, but the memberbase is a lot more chill now and the atmosphere is better for it.

vBulletin has never been terribly easy to navigate, but the changes that were made to the vanilla software to make PC 2.0 (the current look and feel) are really good! It feels a lot more modern and less complicated to browse on the whole.

Cherrim

Years
  • what advice do you have for someone who's approaching that milestone
    Be ready for lots of people to say "wow I wasn't even born yet" when your account age comes up and then you will wither into the ground because 20 is basically a centenarian in internet years.

Years
  • Aside from being nominated for various Member of the Month categories, what are some of the things that you miss the most (or who, for that matter), that are no longer present on PC?

Cherrim

Years
  • Aside from being nominated for various Member of the Month categories, what are some of the things that you miss the most (or who, for that matter), that are no longer present on PC?
    I do actually miss a lot of the older themes we used to have. Most of them are too broken to be revived easily and arguably it was better to retire them than recreate when we knew we'd be undergoing more major visual updates in the semi-near future, but I miss being able to swap back to them for nostalgia purposes.

Although that said, a lot of them were made with stolen fanart back in the day because we weren't so conscious of that sort of thing, so I think I'd just feel bad looking at some of my old faves now haha.

faf

[b][color=#1acc14]Queen of Dragons[/color][/b]
    Years
  • What is your honest opinion on the state of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV, which has a free trial up to level 60 and includes the award-winning expansion Heavensward?

What changes would you make for Dark Knight for it to be your main again?

grats on 20 years btw.

Back